Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Caution: Top Plastic Surgeons Mexico City

Just had surgery with Top Plastic Surgeons Dr. Juan Bernardo Baltazar Rendon. I feel extremely foolish. After the surgery, care provided was horrible. I had a big Tummy Tuck, Lipo in 6 areas and a small leg lift. They treated me with Ketoralec (an anti inflammatory postoperative;y). I am now 5 days out and have run out of those pain medications. I am trying to get home for some care. They wanted me to take Tramadol but it interacted with a medication I take and I had serotonin syndrome after surgery. It was hell. Then they said dont take tramadol but they would not give me anything else.

I am a Nurse. They also did things like wound care without gloves and hand washing with care providers was rare. They also came into my room, got a blanket they gave to me post-operatively, and gave it to someone else. Different standards I guess.
Keep looking people. It is not worth the savings.

Why I would not choose this practice:
1) Little to no pain management post-operatively. Prescribed Tylenol, Tramadol, and ketoralec. Unable to take Tramadol to due a drug interaction. They would not add or change me to anything else so I was only given 7 days of Ketorolec. Prior to booking my flight to Mexico, I asked my surgical consultant David Suez about pain medication and he told me they prescribe percocet and flexeril, which is standard in the US. When I asked for pain management help, they told me to take more Ketoralec (Toradol).
2) Poor accommodations: beds and pillows are hard, shower has no door and gets wet everywhere, lounge chair is low to the ground. TV is in Spanish with the exception of CNN. Next to a busy and loud road.
3) They provide you with incorrect information. A doctor does not visit you daily at your hotel. A doctor you don't know comes to check you dressings every other day. This interaction is minimal. She does nothing to help you in any way. Though, patronizingly, she says "everything is OK".
4) Do not travel alone after these surgeries. You really need help for the first 3-5 days.

Wow I'm sorry your experience was so poor! Thanks for sharing the warning

Sorry but sounds to familer!! Where did you go? We went to Juarez, Mexico. We also had about the same care!! I could not beleive how they bald face lied to us. We went thru BELITE WEIGHT LOSS center. They lied so much. When I complained she said they already knew about most of it!! Just their way of doing things. GOSH O MIGHTY different I guess!! I have complained on this site also. If one person changes their mind about using that outfit I will be happy!! Did you have a problem with none speaking English? We did for sure. Even the ones that worked in the little cafe had only 1 person hat could kind of understand. One of the worse week of our lives!! Are you home yet? Where are you from? Do you have someone to help you out? How about a DR in your area that will help you? I am so sorry!! HUGS

On 9/10/2017 at 3:09 PM, Juliepet said:

2) Poor accommodations: beds and pillows are hard, shower has no door and gets wet everywhere, lounge chair is low to the ground. TV is in Spanish with the exception of CNN.

My bed was hard, too, and I was at a real hospital. I think all hospital beds are that way. And don't get me started about only CNN. They really need to do better for American patients.

Go to BariatricPalMX, they now do plastic surgeries too. If you insist on going out of US or Canada, that would be the ONLY place I would go. Don't get mixed up with these other jokers[emoji22], you deserve better than that![emoji7]PS I'm not one of their employees , I live in Ohio,far away from Mexico, but any place Alex Brecher himself would trust his body to would be Aces in my book [emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Go to BariatricPalMX, they now do plastic surgeries too. If you insist on going out of US or Canada, that would be the ONLY place I would go. Don't get mixed up with these other jokers[emoji22], you deserve better than that![emoji7]PS I'm not one of their employees , I live in Ohio,far away from Mexico, but any place Alex Brecher himself would trust his body to would be Aces in my book [emoji12]
Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I second that! I used BariatricPal for my RNY and couldn’t have been happier with the staff and care I received! I wouldn’t think of any place else when the time comes for my plastics. I live in Canada and the costs here are horrendous, plus I KNOW I’ll receive better care at BariatricPal than any hospital here.

When I got back home, I went diectly to the ER from the airport. I incurred a $30,000 ER bill because I lookedso be to the doctors. I was just grateful to finally have some pain relief. After my $30,000 ER work up, the physicians said we dont know what to do about your open wounds (dehised incisions) so they scheduled me next day with a plastic surgeon. Mind you, I was puffing up everyday. they took mu post-op drain in Mexico out on day 4 pst-op. WHen I saw the US doc 8 days post op she put a drain back in my belly and drained ovet one liter of Fluid. It gushed out of me all over her office suite floor.

I then paid $200-300/ month for after care with the plastic surgeon. Now, I have terrible scars and a lumpy surgical insicion which makes me look pudgy on my left lower abdomen and more streamline on the right. My greatest mistske was the “mini leg lift” in which Dr Saltazr insisted would have a lille scar. I have gaping holes where the sutures dis not hold and hand to leave them open to heal for two months doing wet dressings twice a day. I have cery largevery noticable scars that I am very sad about.

My take away is to tell you, sprnd the extra money for the best care. Mexico is a huge risk and dont believe then if they promise you great care. I am a nurse and I regret every bit of trust I gave them. If I could do it again, I’d stay in the US.

I figured i should tell my story. Life lessons!
Best wishes.
Julie

Julie, thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have had surgeriesin Mexico with Dr Antonio Moreno for my gastric bypass in 2015 and Dr Juan Bernardo Baltazar Rendon in Mexico, on 2 separate occasions, for a Tummy Tuck the first time 2017 and brachioplasty in 2018 and I never experienced what the person above has mentioned. My experience was totally diferrent. I would recommend Dr Baltazar Rendon and Dr Moreno to anyone wishing to receive quality surgery, good after care, reasonable cost, and a concern for the patient equal to any I have experienced in USA.

I am sorry the experience but i really don't believe the experience was as terrible as described.

After loosing 160 pounds in two years, the tummy tuck changed my entire life. I really recommend to do it

All the best

My bed was hard, too, and I was at a real hospital. I think all hospital beds are that way. And don't get me started about only CNN. They really need to do better for American patients.
LMAO perfect

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app