Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monthly visitor

I'm having a hard time. It's about to be shark week (my period, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about) and I'm retaining Water and bloated. It's affecting me, negatively. I'm obsessing over the scale and my puffy face. I know the last thing I need to do is take a water pill (diuretic), but the thought has crossed my mind. Ugh! I wasn't prepared for this. Totally sucks. Anyone else feel me?

I feel you, mine started today which is over 2 weeks early and I'm on day 3 post op.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I have had an unusually long cycle my entire life. So when I had the period from hell last month, I thought the one consolation was that I probably wouldn't get it this month for my surgery...but two days ago I started spotting like my period will hit in a few days...surgery is Thursday! Ugh!!!

I'm pre-menopausal so my visitors are not reliable. I haven't had a real period for several months and then BAM! the period from hell! Thankfully it was 3 weeks after surgery.

I know the puffy is hard. I'd suggest staying off the scale and constantly reminding yourself that it is not permanent, this too shall pass.

I had one the week before my surgury. Phew! But then the week after I had another one, and started a third yesterday. So 3 mild ones in 6 weeks. I am typically quite regular. I guess my body is freaking out?! But I don't weigh during shark week. I dont know if that helps you though. Just remember its temporary and you got this!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm about a year and a half out from r.n.y. I almost always gain during 'shark week'. As long as it is within 5 pounds, AND I'm sticking to my diet, I try not to worry. It goes back down. But it is so very frustrating!!! I've tracked it long enough to know that is what it is. Not fair though.

Like the other posters said, Keep doing the right things and it will work out well.

I love shark week though. Going to use that!
All the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I was on my period durring my surgery (so much fun:wacko:) it lasted for way longer than usual and then when it was my next period time there was nothing......

I think surgery in general just freaks the body out and things go wacky.....

My period was August 1-7, I got my IUD implanted at that point. Then I was okay until the 20th of August,when it started again. Surgery was the 25th. I thought at that time that it was just about over, but it hasn't ever ended. I'm now 3 weeks post op, and still having my period. Sometimes it's red, and watery, sometimes just a little spotty, I'd just like it to be over. I was thinking that I may be having worse than usual because of the heparin was injected with to keep me clot free during the couple days I was in hospital. I'm ready to be done. It's just a hassle, and I feel like a poorly wrapped roast in the meat department. ICK!!

I feel your pain, and frustration ! Hang in there!