Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 miles in 100 days fitness challenge

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a fitness challenge to complete 100 miles in 100 days. I've done one in the past and it helps keep you accountable for exercising. The one that I did in the past used twenty minutes of any exercise equaled a mile or actual walking or running distance.

Though anyone interested could start on Monday Sept 11th which would go through to Dec 20th. Maybe post weekly totals and I will come up with a spreadsheet.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 219.8

This sounds like fun. I start training for a half marathon on Monday.

I would love to participate.

I would love to do this too. I am just starting out on my exercise as I have been so overweight it has been very difficult. But something like this is a perfect way for me to get moving and so count me in :447_mountain_bicyclist:

So should we report our weekly totals on say, Saturdays?

If it starts on Monday, then we should report on Sunday or Monday. The other option is Friday since @dashofpixiedustdoes a weigh-in challenge on Fridays.

9 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

If it starts on Monday, then we should report on Sunday or Monday. The other option is Friday since @dashofpixiedustdoes a weigh-in challenge on Fridays.

You are right Sunday reporting makes more sense.

Count me in! I've been slacking on exercise for the past couple of weeks now that sports teams have taken over the football field where I've been running. I have a backup, a workout room at work, but the change in routine has not gone as smoothly as I thought it would.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a fitness challenge to complete 100 miles in 100 days. I've done one in the past and it helps keep you accountable for exercising. The one that I did in the past used twenty minutes of any exercise equaled a mile or actual walking or running distance.
Though anyone interested could start on Monday Sept 11th which would go through to Dec 20th. Maybe post weekly totals and I will come up with a spreadsheet.

Count me in also. This sounds like exactly what I nee.

Sunday reporting works for me. I tend to swim laps. I haven't decided to use the twenty minutes a mile or my actual mileage. It takes an hour and fifteen minutes for me to swim a mile and a half.

I really need this! Count me in! And my dog thanks you!

Count me is I need to get back to my exercise

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Maybe we can have something for the swimmers? I can swim a mile but yes it is going to take less than an hour. I can 13-14 laps in 20 min, depending on what you want me to swim.

I would have a problem starting it because I have a meet next Saturday so no mile every day for me right now. I'm doing more sprint stuff, will back to normal mid distance after that.

I also would have an issue with a few things because I swim competitively and do meets.

4 hours ago, alcn1derlnd said:

Sunday reporting works for me. I tend to swim laps. I haven't decided to use the twenty minutes a mile or my actual mileage. It takes an hour and fifteen minutes for me to swim a mile and a half.

I would think 20 minutes of swimming would just count as 1 mile.

I normally don't do these things, but I need this one. I'll join the challenge. 😊