Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurricane Irma and postponed surgery - ugh...

I know that in the scheme of things, a postponed surgery is not a big deal. I am in Tampa and my surgery was supposed to be on Monday. My doctor's office is rescheduling for...October 9th! I am so sad right now...I had mentally prepared myself for this, did the liquid diet for 2 weeks, scheduled the surgery in advance of work travel. There's a chance I can get it done on Sept 18th -- but the doctor isn't sure...so I will have to stay on the liquid diet through the hurricane....

Again, I know these feelings are selfish, when there's a hurricane that will affect people's lives. I'm just disappointed right now. Damn you, Irma!

Ugggh! What a disappointment! So sorry to hear this for you. And so sad about Irma! Please take care of yourself and stay safe!!!

You could ask your surgeon's office whether it actually HAS to be liquid, or if you could have an occasional salad with fat free dressing or skinless chicken. Those things won't affect your weight loss, and might make the next week more tolerable.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:47 AM, Berry78 said:

You could ask your surgeon's office whether it actually HAS to be liquid, or if you could have an occasional salad with fat free dressing or skinless chicken. Those things won't affect your weight loss, and might make the next week more tolerable.

That would have been a good idea! I did fall off the wagon and have two chips ahoy Sunday night. But I am back on track and will burn off those Cookies picking up branches on my street.

UGH ... I know how you feel! Happened to me too! Was the 2nd postponement for me as my first date got cancelled because my mom, who lives 4 hours away, fell and was thought to have a broken hip! When I tried to reschedule, I was "too anemic" so, had to have IV Iron for 6 weeks and then, here came Hurricane Harvey! I was flooded into my house and could not get to the hospital! Sigh ... I did that 7 day liquid only thing twice before actually having the surgery this past Thursday!! I swear I by now I should be a mere wisp and yet, I'm NOT!

Hope you are doing well and made it through the hurricane and after!

Oh my gosh! You have been through so much. I'm glad you finally got your surgery (and also hoping your mom is doing much better and your house is ok). Who would have thought anemia would be the clincher? Ugh.

LOL about being a wisp. Yes, if only!

I ended up being on the pre-op diet for 3 weeks. But I got the surgery and all is well now.