Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After pics Panniculectomy

Hey everyone! I had my panniculectomy on June 5th and here are my before and afters!

Stats:

Highest: 540 Size 38

Surgery: 480 Size 32

Panni: 275 Size 24 pant 18 top

Current: 248 Size 16 bottom and 14 top

15 pounds of skin removed

I am soooo incredibly happy with the results! I don't care about scars. I went from a size 24 before surgery to a size 16. AMAZING!

I want to have more surgeries done but I need to wait to get to goal first. My panni was so bad I had to get it removed before getting to goal.

My thighs will be first. Ugh I hate them!

IMG_6434_LI.jpg

IMG_6437_LI.jpg

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6439_LI (2).jpg

IMG_8407_LI (2).jpg

IMG_8409_LI (2).jpg

IMG_8410_LI (2).jpg

IMG_8411_LI (2).jpg

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8

You must feel amazing now!! It looks really good.

I am so inspired by your journey.

What an inspiration you are! Looking fabulous!

Congratulations

Holy moly! What a transformation!! I bet you feel so light and free. Thank you for your inspiration and willingness to share!!! Congrats to you!

So happy your incision healed so well! You look SOOO much more comfy! Did your fever ever go away?

Wow girl you are very brave. Bless you.

Congrats girl! It's an amazing feeling to have all that skin taken away and to free your body from it!! So happy for you :-)
Can I ask, cause I'm still struggling in my new body after plastics? How long did your swelling last? Now that the stomach skin is gone does it just leave you disliking other areas more? I'm 3 weeks out and basically look 6 months pregnant from swelling and although I'm so happy and basically a new person, I'm stressing about the top part of my belly where it seems like too much skin was left. Plastics is definitely a different kind of mind game.

19 hours ago, thisisthenewme said:

Congrats girl! It's an amazing feeling to have all that skin taken away and to free your body from it!! So happy for you :-)
Can I ask, cause I'm still struggling in my new body after plastics? How long did your swelling last? Now that the stomach skin is gone does it just leave you disliking other areas more? I'm 3 weeks out and basically look 6 months pregnant from swelling and although I'm so happy and basically a new person, I'm stressing about the top part of my belly where it seems like too much skin was left. Plastics is definitely a different kind of mind game.

I was swollen for a long while. Several months in size 4 instead of 00/0. Then gradually back into my 00/0's. Took at least 6-9 months to be back in my normal size.

Though I am still pre-op and only 57 pounds down from my highest weight, I already have a very bad pannus, as well as a hanging mons pubis so big that if I'm not careful will hang out of my shorts....like a scrotum! It has kept me from wearing regular panties now for 5-6 years. I'm assuming the only real difference will be that the pannus is flatter once I'm at goal, so know I will need plastics. Has anyone had work done to their mons area? For me personally it is problem #1.

So glad you finally had the excess skisn of your lower belly removed. It looks real good and should help and motivate you to get to goal. Did you have any drain? If so for how long?

I had my breast and arms done but need to lose another 50 pounds before he will do my belly. It looks like yours did. I am hoping even though he is asking for insurance to pay for the lower belly that he will do the top half also. He did my forarms even though insurance only paid for the upper arms. Hope your feeling better each and every day.

Edited by ssflbelle

Absolutely amazing! I was wondering if you don't mind me asking, do you still like the sleeve?

You look amazing! I'm trying to get mine approved now. I've had a hard few years but now its time to allow Dawn to feel better about herself..I hope insurance approves it quickly too