Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

Just now, Capndemdem said:

Hey how are you feeling?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

Feeling great. Have lots of energy. Had a slight muscle tear during surgery, so recovery hasn't been as fast as I'd liked. In Physical Therapy for that. Trying to get approved to return to Pilates classes. LOL

1 minute ago, Capndemdem said:

Oh dear that must be painful. I'm just over 2 weeks out. Also just started working out at home. Light activity with the blessing of my dietitian.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

Good for you! I'm just a week ahead of you! :) We can do this!!!

5 hours ago, sleeve-worthy2017 said:

Where does everyone get the really cute BMI scale that I am able to see at the bottom of their posts?

At the top of the page click on create, then tickers, choose one and add it to your signature. :)

I had mine 12/29. So much information and meds is so overwhelming and confusing. The hunger is absolutely annoying. So much liquid is making me get heartburn and it comes up when I burp, which is all the time. The incision where the removed the stomach from is so tender and the gas still a big issue. Iam going stir crazy since can't work yet. I work for Hallmark and requires me to bend, stoop and lift which its not a good thing for my already inflamed sore stomach. So I have to vent..sorry. I am thankful that I made the choice of getting healthy. Start weight 248...now 236...1 week post op.

Just wanted to share for those of us stuck in a stall early out.
Was sleeved 18/12 . Starting weight 119 kg day of surgery. Lost 8 kg on the first week and a half then only 1 kilo the next week. Bounced between 111 and 112 kg since and was feeling really despondent as I have been following post p.o. instructions to a tee! 2 days ago I took some advice from this forum and called my NUT and she told me to up my calories from 500-600 a day to 700-800. It was hard to get any more food in (still on mushies) but I started adding a tbsp of unflavoured Protein Powder to everything I ate and today I am down to 109 kg. I'm hoping this sticks!

Hi December Sleevers! Hope you all are well. I was sleeved 12/13. Including my two week pre-op diet, I am down 31.9 lbs. So exciting! Still having a really hard time meeting my Protein goals. Eating just doesn't sit well with me. I'll feel sick while eating and about an hour after, so it makes me not want to eat. I also can't eat a lot; I am eating around 2 oz a meal. I was really nauseous there for a couple weeks, but that has gotten better with taking Zofran. I am doing pretty good with Water now, but it's still a struggle, too. Sometimes I get discouraged, but since I'm only 3 weeks out, I'm hoping it can only get better from here. :) Anyone else struggling?

So I lost like 18 pounds Pre op and 3 day after surgery I weighed again and gained 20! A lot of Water weight ! I had edema too. Almost a week out now and still up 20?!?! Why????? Help please!!!

I gained after surgery too. I was up 5lbs when I got home 5 days after surgery. It took a little over a week to get back below surgery. Now it’s coming off slowly. People assure me that slow and steady win the race and to hang in there so I look at the bigger picture of weight lost since I started the process. Before and after pictures help.

HW 270

CW 225.1

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

Mine is at OCC with Dr. Ortiz on Dec. 27th. Good Luck!!
I'm going to OCC too. Arriving Dec 27th, surgery is on the 28th so I'll probably see you there!

Sent from my LG-M255 using BariatricPal mobile app

New to forums. Scheduled GS December 28th! I’ve been toying with this for 2 years, now I’m finally ready to change things!

My vsg is scheduled for the 28th too!

13 hours ago, EmCaMom said:

I'm going to OCC too. Arriving Dec 27th, surgery is on the 28th so I'll probably see you there!

I actually had my surgery Dec 27th of last year - I think you found an old thread here. Sorry I won't see you there - I wouldn't mind a little vaca right now, lol.

But, you have made a great choice in facilities and I think you will be so happy with Dr. Ortiz and his staff. Not to mention your results! I had a great experience and I recently made my first weight goal and am just a few lbs. away from my final weight goal. Just been shopping for some new clothes and was shocked to find myself in a pair of size 8 jeans! It is amazing and a little surreal. I wish you the absolute best of luck and please feel free to PM me at any point pre or post-op if you have any questions or concerns, or even if you just need a sounding board 😀

I actually had my surgery Dec 27th of last year - I think you found an old thread here. Sorry I won't see you there - I wouldn't mind a little vaca right now, lol.
But, you have made a great choice in facilities and I think you will be so happy with Dr. Ortiz and his staff. Not to mention your results! I had a great experience and I recently made my first weight goal and am just a few lbs. away from my final weight goal. Just been shopping for some new clothes and was shocked to find myself in a pair of size 8 jeans! It is amazing and a little surreal. I wish you the absolute best of luck and please feel free to PM me at any point pre or post-op if you have any questions or concerns, or even if you just need a sounding board [emoji3]

Oh silly me, I didn't realize this was a year old thread. But huge congrats on your success![emoji471] [emoji123] A size 8 must feel amazing! [emoji126] Even when I was in high school the smallest I ever was was a size 12. I've been yo-yoing the same 60 lbs for at least 10 years, it's ridiculous. I cannot wait for my sleeve. I know it'll be a huge adjustment but oh so worth it.

2 hours ago, EmCaMom said:

But huge congrats on your success!

Thank you! It has been a fun and crazy year!!

I've been yo-yoing the same 60 lbs for at least 10 years, it's ridiculous.

I can totally relate to that. So happy that this is finally over and it's definitely something for you to look forward to as well! - Not that it isn't possible to fall back into yo-yoing after the sleeve, but it is not nearly as easy. In fact, it would take a lot of dedication I feel :)

I cannot wait for my sleeve. I know it'll be a huge adjustment but oh so worth it. 

That's true, it is a lot to get used to, but when "the new normal" comes along with lower numbers on the scale and a tinier you in the mirror each week - it is unbelievably worth it! Just like most, I have had some bumps in the road. But NOTHING I have "struggled" with <not even the right word really> has EVER made me regret my decision to have the surgery. Most days I am still a little in awe of this entire process and how lucky I have been to have this done!