Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

I had my sleeve on December 5th. In my hometown of San Antonio, Texas and my surgeon was Dr. Wright and he is an awesome surgeon!!

I had mine 4th how r u doing?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 10 of my liver shrinking diet just ended. Tomorrow is my last day of 4 shakes and a small meal. On Christmas I start my clear diet. So far I am down 14 lbs in 10 days. I have not strayed one bit from my diet and I now really like Water lol!! I feel fantastic. Surgeon prescribed my Vitamins and Nascobal (once a week B12 nasal spray) and my insurance covers half the cost. Pretty pleased with that.

I even went to my parents' holiday party and I wasn't even tempted to cheat. I guess I have my mind right on this. I am walking every day so my body will be used to it after surgery.

My surgery is scheduled for 10:55 am on the 27th.

It does get easier as you get closer. Water really helps curve the urge to eat. I stopped being hungry once I hit ketosis Nd had to remind and force myself to eat the last couple days. I was so grateful for the preop diet it helped preparers for fasting the day if surgery. Mine was around 3 pm.

HW 270

CW 231.5

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

I was sleeved on 12/19. The surgeon nicked a vein near my spleen. I lost one liter of blood. I had a fever, a cath and a drain. The drain is still in and is causing me major discomfort. I hope I get to go home today. I am having a few gas pains. I also have pain in my left shoulder.

I hope you made it home for Christmas and are starting to feel better. So sorry you started with complications and hope everything is easy from here on out.

HW 270

CW 231.5

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

I at a fork full of spaghetti and I was sleeved 12/14

Sent from my LGLS775 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the Sleeve and DS on the 8th. I’ve started to try new items and have regretted it. Once you get that pain of overeating and being unable to burp wasn’t enough for me I tried again. Who would think that two pieces of pepperoni, salami and cheese would be to much? ( these were the small cracker size) I have had the foamies 3 Times now. It’s been very difficult learning how to eat again.

HW 270
CW 231.5
SW 242.8
GW 135
DS Surgery date -12-8-17
I’m 42 and 5’2”

Hi all,

I was sleeved on December 20th. The first few days were rough but each day I felt better. I'm excited to start this life long journey of healthier me.

Ciao Ciao for now!

Hi all,
I was sleeved on December 20th. The first few days were rough but each day I felt better. I'm excited to start this life long journey of healthier me.
Ciao Ciao for now!

I am same .. surgery twin.. I agree each day gets better. I am tiring of liquids though ...

Hi, I had sleeve surgery on 12/21, with each day it gets better,

Hi, I had sleeve surgery on 12/21, with each day it gets better,

Yes I agree slow and steady... each day I feel better and more like myself... congrats on your surgery and good luck with rest of it.

Just arrived in San Diego last night. Staying at the Sheraton on the Marina. So pretty looking off the balcony at the boats on the marina and the bay. The flight from Philly was awful, even in first class - which apparently is just bigger seats these days, much more expensive tickets, and better Snacks (which did me no good on my clear liquid diet, lol).

Hurting pretty badly from all my back pain & fibro issues. Van from OCC will be here at 10 to pick us up and take me for pre-op testing. If all goes well surgery is tomorrow. Feeling so weak and tired though. Kind of wishing I could stay in this big comfy bed looking out at the boats. Maybe I could be anorexic? I'm kind of getting used to this not eating thing...Just kidding, not trying to make light of anorexia - I know it's a serious illness and hope I didn't offend anyone, I'm just so tired. I'm hoping the excitement will kick in more once we get to OCC and get settled in.

Best wishes to all Dec sleevers who got sleeved over the past several days - hope you are feeling good! And to everyone going in this week as well. Good luck everyone!!

4 hours ago, Taylor5 said:

I'm hoping the excitement will kick in more once we get to OCC and get settled in.

Me again! Went to OCC, got my blood work & EKG, saw the nutritionist, and am now settled in at the hotel. Feeling Much better now! Also found out I am first in the morning, so def happy about that and allowing myself to get a little excited! Please disregard the exaggerated nerves and grumpiness of my earlier message, and thanks for listening :)

Thought I would jump in here too! Sleeved on 12/21, any surgery twins out there?! Family and friends are always a great support system but having someone who actually knows what the sleeve is like is great to have!

Dec. 20th here. 6 days out. Feel so good it's almost scary, I have to remind myself that I can't eat. Am tiring of the liquids, but a little sacrifice now for a big payoff later.