Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

On 11/27/2017 at 10:54 PM, saltykisses said:

Zero liquid diet? ? Oh Lord! Count your blessings LOL

lol you're scaring me a bit saltykisses!! lol! I checked with a couple people at work who have been sleeved and they used different surgeons than i'm using and they did not have a pre-surgery liquid diet either..just said not to have a big meal the last couple of days...

now what really makes me nervous is they had to drink a liquid the night before to clean everything out so to speak...i don't have to do that either - not sure if i'm good with this or not lol...but i did call the surgeon and confirmed it! :o

On 11/28/2017 at 8:11 AM, MrsO72 said:

I'm gettling sleeved on 12/6 and I have to do a 12 day 1200 calorie diet & 2 day liquid. Each surgeon thinks differently is my guess. I've lost 9 pounds since last Wednesday on it, so I'm feeling good that my liver is getting shrunk.

Good luck to you! Keep in touch!

I guess that's true Mrs O ! just trusting he knows what he's doing lol! but that is awesome that you are already down 9lbs - way to go! :) you'll be a day ahead of me -- good luck next Wednesday and keep in touch too!

Edited by Jeannie49
format issues

8 hours ago, AuDBall said:

First day of liquids today, so I am officially two weeks out from surgery! Seems surreal.

Me too. Dec 13

7 minutes ago, Jeannie49 said:

hi :) does that make us sleeve buddies? My insurance approval came through today...so confirmed for 12/7! Glad everything is going great so far for you!!

How long did it take for your insurance to approve you?

2 minutes ago, Briar said:

Me too. Dec 13

did you get which surgery sorted out Briar? I think I read that your insurance wanted to recommend you for bypass instead of the sleeve? I didn't know they could overrule a surgeon..hope it got straightened out! :)

1 minute ago, Briar said:

How long did it take for your insurance to approve you?

Not long at all -- they said it normally takes 2-3 weeks but it was much faster. My final nutrition/surgeon visits were 11/17, had blood work done 11/18 and even with the holiday, approval came in today...so less than two weeks? has yours taken awhile? I have Aetna...

lol you're scaring me a bit saltykisses!! lol! I checked with a couple people at work who have been sleeved and they used different surgeons than i'm using and they did not have a pre-surgery liquid diet either..just said not to have a big meal the last couple of days...
now what really makes me nervous is they had to drink a liquid the night before to clean everything out so to speak...i don't have to do that either - not sure if i'm good with this or not lol...but i did call the surgeon and confirmed it!

Oh you're such a lucky duck!!
Mr Dr is OCD. And if I do not follow it he will not perform the surgery. So I'm stuck with 2 week liquid diet. Eeekkk!! Your surgery is what date??

4 minutes ago, saltykisses said:

Oh you're such a lucky duck!!
Mr Dr is OCD. And if I do not follow it he will not perform the surgery. So I'm stuck with 2 week liquid diet. Eeekkk!! Your surgery is what date??

I hope so - let's see what happens on 12/8 if I sill feel the same way. :D My surgery is next Thursday the 7th. Hard to believe it's almost here!!

3 hours ago, Jeannie49 said:

now what really makes me nervous is they had to drink a liquid the night before to clean everything out so to speak...i don't have to do that either - not sure if i'm good with this or not lol...but i did call the surgeon and confirmed it! :o

My surgeon/clinic is the same. They explained that they base the decision on BMI, I think they said 50 and higher were put on the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I was told to eat as I have been (following some of the tools my NUT and I discussed) and no big last meal hurrah. which could cause a surgery to be cancelled.

7 hours ago, Jeannie49 said:

did you get which surgery sorted out Briar? I think I read that your insurance wanted to recommend you for bypass instead of the sleeve? I didn't know they could overrule a surgeon..hope it got straightened out! :)

The admin sent the wrong info into my insurance company. Idk how insurance works but apparently there is a code and she just typed in the wrong one. So now they have to cancel the bypass and resubmit for the sleeve and hopefully it gets approved in time. If not then I lose my surgery date and did this liquid diet for nothing.

7 hours ago, Jeannie49 said:

Not long at all -- they said it normally takes 2-3 weeks but it was much faster. My final nutrition/surgeon visits were 11/17, had blood work done 11/18 and even with the holiday, approval came in today...so less than two weeks? has yours taken awhile? I have Aetna...

Bcbs of Ga. Is what I have. It took 3 days to get an approval the first time but they had to cancel it and resubmit it with the right codes and I'm just worried I will lose my surgery date this time.

8 hours ago, Jeannie49 said:

hi :) does that make us sleeve buddies? My insurance approval came through today...so confirmed for 12/7! Glad everything is going great so far for you!!

That does make us sleeve buddies!!! Yay congrats to you on your approval as well!!! Do you have to do your 2 week liquid diet?