Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

On 11/22/2017 at 10:34 AM, Beardman said:

I'm expecting a mid December date. My wife is in the OR for her sleeve as I type.

That's so awesome you're doing it together!! I hope her surgery went well and wish you the best with getting your date/procedure/recovery! I so wish my husband and I could both be doing it so he would really understand everything I was feeling :blink:

My surgery date is December 14th ! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time lol . I started this process in May. I took the Kaiser classes for 12 weeks , did the sleep tests . Met the surgeon on Tuesday the 21 . Congratulations to everyone and good luck on your journey :)

Sent from my MT2L03 using BariatricPal mobile app

@Taylor5 Thank you for the information , the more i think about it the more i'm convinced Dr. Ortiz may be

the right choice. He has been around a long time, I am going to call them in the morning and

chat with them. The other facility is in a hospital and you stay there your entire stay ( which i like) but the doctor is more important than any other factor to me.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question , it was very helpful :):)

What day do you have your surgery?

I'm December 27th. My husband has off that week, so I will be flying from Philadelphia to San Diego on my clear Fluid diet, on Christmas Day :wacko: - dreading that part, lol, but it was my choice.

Definitely though, just talk with them and go with your gut - while you still have one ~ haha! Let me know how it goes, & good luck! Maybe we'll end up down there at the same time :)

On 11/24/2017 at 10:03 AM, Atslady said:

Hi ,

My surgery date is 12/20/17 and i have researched for over a year. I am having my surgery at Trinity Medical in Mexico.

I am nervous and thinking about changing to OCC because of all the information available about Dr. Ortiz.

Maybe i'm just having a lil anxiety because the date is getting closer.

Any Sleever's with information about either facility?

Thanks ( Nervous in Ga :) )

Where In Georgia?

4 hours ago, Briar said:

Where In Georgia?

Atlanta

I’m scheduled December 19th so I’ll only have to miss one day of work. I’m nervous but I’m thankful. It’s been a long road to where I am and I cannot wait to start my new journey healthier and happier for the new year. [emoji4]

Um December 29th also!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

December 19th in Edinburg, TX. I'm so excited! 2 week liquid diet starts on Dec 5th.
My first appt was in August. So far no delays except cardiologist wants a lexiscan instead of EKG, that's this Tuesday. So hoping doe no delays. Deductible is pretty much met. I have 2 insurances Aetna and united healthcare. United only requires 4 visits vs Aetna 6 months.
Congrats to all December sleevers!!!
Question: anyone on the liquid diet yet? Tell me about it. What are you drinking???

I started this Quest in May, I'm surprised it's taken this long but my surgery date is Dec 12. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. As many of you have said, I'm feeling excited and nervous at the same time.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:38 AM, Trishe70 said:

Scheduled for the 18th .....so you aren’t the only one! Good Luck!

I am also for the 18 :D good luck to all of you!

On 11/26/2017 at 9:34 AM, saltykisses said:

December 19th in Edinburg, TX. I'm so excited! 2 week liquid diet starts on Dec 5th.
My first appt was in August. So far no delays except cardiologist wants a lexiscan instead of EKG, that's this Tuesday. So hoping doe no delays. Deductible is pretty much met. I have 2 insurances Aetna and united healthcare. United only requires 4 visits vs Aetna 6 months.
Congrats to all December sleevers!!!
Question: anyone on the liquid diet yet? Tell me about it. What are you drinking???

I started my liquid diet on Friday. I have been drinking Water, Powerade zero, and i had one apple juice the kids pouches with no sugar added. I am able to have sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, and sugar free Popsicles. I also have a Premier Protein drink for Breakfast and one for dinner. It hasn't been too bad.

Just confirmed with my insurance, Medical Mutual, that my prior authorization has been approved. That was my last hurdle. I start the liquid diet tomorrow for surgery date of December 11th.

Edited by BlueCrush

I just found this forum today -- so excited to have found it -- so many success stories and supportive people.Hi everyone!! :)

I have a tentative sleeve date of 12/7 provided insurance approval comes through in time. I'm a little concerned though as I see so many people talking about starting their liquid diet pre-surgery...I guess every surgeon is different as my surgeon is not requiring that?

Anyone else for 12/7?

I started my liquid diet on Friday. I have been drinking Water, Powerade zero, and i had one apple juice the kids pouches with no sugar added. I am able to have sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, and sugar free Popsicles. I also have a Premier Protein drink for breakfast and one for dinner. It hasn't been too bad.

Omg really??!! Ok that makes me feel better. A friend of a friend didn't follow the diet and apparently food went into her lungs and she went into a coma. [emoji44][emoji44] so I'm obviously nervous and scared. So nervous I told hi by today I was emptying the bank account foe cash in case something happened. #kiddingnotkidding
Then my close friend today told me he didn't follow liquid diet, only dis the 2 days with my same Dr.
How long are you on the liquid diet for?

I just found this forum today -- so excited to have found it -- so many success stories and supportive people.Hi everyone!! [emoji4]
I have a tentative sleeve date of 12/7 provided insurance approval comes through in time. I'm a little concerned though as I see so many people talking about starting their liquid diet pre-surgery...I guess every surgeon is different as my surgeon is not requiring that?
Anyone else for 12/7?

Zero liquid diet?? Oh Lord! Count your blessings LOL