Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

On 11/16/2017 at 4:12 PM, SouthernDaisy said:

In Alabama
Where are you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm going to ASM in MX. I weighed out my options here in So. California. My insurance requires 6 months nutrition counseling, and 1 co-morbidity. 3 months into it, I had 2 sleep studies done and felt like my sleep apnea diagnosis was questionable so I opted to not take my chances of waiting any longer only to get denied.

Went in for my 6th appointment on November 11 (my insurance requires 6 months of medically supervised weight loss and dietitian appointments). I figured....ok, I finally have everything done.....now I'll have to get into the next liquid diet class and they'll have to push paperwork for insurance....so we're talking, what? January or February, right? Wrong.... The office called me that afternoon and scheduled my surgery for December 5th! Feel like I've been running a marathon since...getting labs, x-rays, EKG, liquid diet class, buying all the stuff I need.

Tomorrow I start a two week liquid diet. Surgery December 5th.

Had my first medical weight loss appointment June 6th. Time flies. Might seem like it takes a long time...and there certainly can be a lot of hoops to jump through....but I'm sort of in shock that I'm already here and ready to go.

Got my letter in the mail from my insurance last week that I'm approved. Final hurdle crossed...it's showtime. Wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone having surgery this month, wishing you the very best.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:42 AM, Lufifi said:

Don't be! It will be a New Year's gift! Hang in there!

Thank you! 💜 Everything happens for a reason!

December 14th, provided no bumps in the road. Nervous and excited. My weight has been a difficult journey for me, as I'm sure you all understand. Just can't wait to get through it all and be a healthier me!😁

I'm scheduled for December 11 in Tijuana. The nutritionist has me on low carb/low calorie diet, and then I'll start a liquid diet 2 weeks before (really soon!). I'm nervous about the surgery and I've neem trying to prepare mentally. It feels like I'm breaking up with food!

22 hours ago, Frankette said:

Starting my preop diet today for Dec 4th!!! I can't believe it's finally going to happen. I started this process in January of this year.

I started my journey right behind you in February. I will be having my surgery in December.

6 hours ago, loey13 said:

I'm scheduled for December 11 in Tijuana. The nutritionist has me on low carb/low calorie diet, and then I'll start a liquid diet 2 weeks before (really soon!). I'm nervous about the surgery and I've neem trying to prepare mentally. It feels like I'm breaking up with food!

Which place / doctor in TJ did you choose?

Starting my liver-shrinking diet today. My meals consist of: breakfast-protein drink, lunch-greek yogurt, supper- 3oz of meat, 2-3 servings of veggies, and 2 servings of starchy vegetables. I have sugar-free gum, sugar-free popsicles, and sugar-free Jello to eat for free. I also take benefiber with my meals to keep me full. I will do this for two weeks before my surgery on December 5, 2017. I have my pre-admission appointment on the 28th of November. Ugh, it's the real thing now...

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, Creekimp13 said:

Went in for my 6th appointment on November 11 (my insurance requires 6 months of medically supervised weight loss and dietitian appointments). I figured....ok, I finally have everything done.....now I'll have to get into the next liquid diet class and they'll have to push paperwork for insurance....so we're talking, what? January or February, right? Wrong.... The office called me that afternoon and scheduled my surgery for December 5th! Feel like I've been running a marathon since...getting labs, x-rays, EKG, liquid diet class, buying all the stuff I need.

Tomorrow I start a two week liquid diet. Surgery December 5th.

Had my first medical weight loss appointment June 6th. Time flies. Might seem like it takes a long time...and there certainly can be a lot of hoops to jump through....but I'm sort of in shock that I'm already here and ready to go.

Got my letter in the mail from my insurance last week that I'm approved. Final hurdle crossed...it's showtime. Wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone having surgery this month, wishing you the very best.

You are the same day as me. I am out in Colorado doing this. I am kind of happy that I am doing mine in December while my kids are in school. This way they aren't so worried. But, I won't be making pecan pie for thanksgiving or Christmas this year. But, it is totally worth it. Congratulations and good luck. I hope everything works out!!!

I know what you mean, Annedavi...about wanting to do it while the kids are busy. My daughter comes home from college for two weeks at Christmas, and i'm so happy that I'll be done, and not have her visit ruined by surgery or being fresh into recovery. By the time she's home, I'll probably be on soft foods and making some good progress. Hope so, anyway:)

I'm making Thanksgiving dinner for people on Thursday and can't eat any of it. LOL. Today is the first day of my liquid diet. So far, so good....but I can't say it isn't kinda challenging. Lots of tea. Lots of broth. Lots of Jello. At least I'm really busy....that helps.

I'm right there with ya...wishing you survival of your holiday and an excellent outcome for your surgery! Feel free to stay in touch about how things are going...I'll be on your same timeline and wouldn't mind having someone else to compare notes with:)

its all starting to feel real I have my preadmissions appointment on the 30th. surgery is in exactly 2 weeks 12/6 . submitted my time off request and everything. these next two weeks will feel like forever!!!