Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

Originally scheduled for Nov 7th, I had to cancel due to a car show event we put on and it was rained out and rescheduled for Nov 11th. My doctor had no other openings until Dec 5th. Then I got a call on Monday, they had a cancellation and opening for surgery on Nov 20th....yes Monday before Thanksgiving. I said no, I want to spend time with my granddaughters that week.
I'm very happy with my date and it gives me more time to prepare with the liquid diet and I haven't exercised much due to plantar fasciitis so that gives me more time.

5 hours ago, SouthernDaisy said:

Hve any of you already bought some Vitamins and such?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I was required to purchase BariatricFusion Vitamins from my surgeon's office at the pre op education appointment. I have to but CitraCal over the counter.

5 minutes ago, BlueCrush said:

I was required to purchase BariatricFusion Vitamins from my surgeon's office at the pre op education appointment. I have to but CitraCal over the counter.

I purchased the chewable Calcium from my dr office and i take a B12 shot every month. As for my Multivitamin he told me to take a Flintstone complete twice a day. I also have to take Iron.

18 hours ago, SouthernDaisy said:

Hve any of you already bought some Vitamins and such?

I'm Dec 27th, have already been sampling a lot of different stuff w/mixed results. Am on an extended pre-op diet, which for me is mostly about cutting things out a little at a time so I don't feel sick/get headaches, and adding things in slowly so I can get used to them. I used to drink various Protein Shakes in the 90's when I was a gym rat, and found a few that I liked. Now I have IBS and am finding a lot of the shakes and Vitamins don't agree with me. So that's not good.

I tried some of the Vitaleph products recommended by Drs. office, but they are expensive and not very palatable. I am saving those shakes for my 2 wk pre-op diet, which is the strictest phase. I got the Multi-Vitamin patch from BariatricPal Store, bc I have always hated the aftertaste of Multivites, but am not 100% sure how much gets absorbed (watched a series of youtube videos this one surgeon does on nutrition and he doesn't think Patches in general are absorbed well, which concerns me). So I have decided to save them for right after surgery and have just got Nature Made Fast Dissolve VitaMelts off Amazon. They got good reviews and were priced well. The taste is fine. I had a little stomach cramping after but am not sure if it was from those or my 1st experience with Premier Protein shakes premade.

I get a lot of stuff off Amazon bc I am a Prime member and get fast/free shipping on most items, so I've also tried an organic B-12 spray (tastes nice but don't notice any difference in energy), and a Vitamin D3 cream (feels nice on skin, not sure if it's helping increase levels or not though). I also have a melatonin cream for post-op when I won't be able to swallow my nightly melatonin.

I found one pre-made shake I really like: Orgain Organic Nutrition Shakes, Iced Cafe Mocha. It's like a nice cold Mocha Frappuccino in the morning, but with less sugar and more Protein. So far that's my favorite shake drink.

I got some other items off BariatricPal store that I haven't tried yet. I got a box of strawberry smoothie mix, grape juice mix, mixed berry juice mix, and cream of chicken Soup mix. All high protein of course. I plan to take some of these with me on the plane to surgery as they will travel well. I will sample before I leave and if they are good may order more for post op.

So that's my experience so far, hope it was somewhat helpful. I would love to hear about anything you've tried and liked/disliked, and from others as well. Have a great day and good luck with your surgery!

Thank you for the info. I think I will try the Patches. I'm very concerned about immediately after surgery...not getting nutrients needed. With the patches at least i will be getting something until I can swallow good. I've been drinking Premier shakes. I actually like them so will probably stick with them. I'm so glad you mentioned the melatonin cream... I completely forgot about that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm hoping the Patches have improved since the surgeon who does the video series made the comment - plus it's just one person's point of view. I believe they will be testing my Vitamin levels at my pre-op visit, so I want to be sure they are all really good, but agree that post-op the patches are the best option. Not only do you not have to deal with the swallowing, but there is no stomach upset for those of us sensitive to that issue. Honestly, I would use the patches for everything if I knew without a doubt the absorption was sufficient. But if I tried to get levels tested right now I'd have to pay for that out of pocket and I've heard that can be really expensive. I know a lot of people like the Premier shakes. I thought the taste was fine, but my stomach was killing me after half a bottle. Glad they work for you though as they are really convenient and less expensive than others!

My name is Anne. This is my first post. I started this journey June 15, 2017. My surgeon scheduled my surgery on November 4th for December 5, 2017. He will be doing a hiatal hernia repair and a hernia repair in my belly button also. I am really excited and nervous at the same time. Starting my liver shrinking diet on November 21, 2017.