Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my gastric sleeve journey so far and I apologise for the long post I am making here. I'm 53 years old and have battled my weight all my life. In my early 40's I started taking Blood Pressure medication, I was also diagnosed with Graves Disease. My cholesterol and glucose have always been good. Well that was up until 4 months ago. I went to the doctors and for the first time ever my cholesterol shot up and my doctor informed me I was Insulin resistant. I was now very scared that at 168.3 kgs, (371 pounds) I wasn't going to make it to 60. So after years of badgering me, I finally asked my doctor to refer me to a Weight Loss Surgeon and from the very first visit the train ride has been fast and furious. First off, he told me I should have seen him 10 years ago, (I had mentioned I had been thinking about it for 10 years). Then he asked if I was free for surgery in 2 weeks!!! OMG! I scheduled with him for surgery 4 weeks later because I needed to get my head around it all. I then kicked off a major food Funeral. I don't deny it, I ate all the things I loved and that were bad for me for 2 weeks. I then started my 2 weeks on Optifast. What joy that turned out to be Surgery day arrived and all went well and to my horror I was presented with an A4 sized, colour picture of my stomach after removal and my stitched up insides. PUKE! Since then I have been through all the phases, liquid, Puree, Soft and at last normal food. I just had my 3 month checkup with the surgeon and here is where I stand: I am no longer Insulin resistant MAJOR YAAAAY My cholesterol is now normal ANOTHER MAJOR YAAAAY My Fatty Liver is resolved and now shows normal results - YAAAAY I can walk for 20 minutes without having to sit down - YIPPEEEEE My asthma is almost completely gone - WOOHOOOOOO I have lost nearly 30 kgs (63 pounds) I had my first proper period in over 8 months (ok not such a major yay but at least it is working properly again) So I can honestly say that the major train ride I have been on in the last 4 months has been very worthwhile and I am feeling so much better, but please can someone help me with how to get rid of the damn pimples!!!!! I guess the purpose in my writing this is for any people who may be considering surgery, I won't say it has been easy but it has definitely been worthwhile. It's getting better and better