Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all October sleevers!!

5 minutes ago, Angelah72 said:

heading to the hospital. The day is finally here

Best wishes from this (currently) 13 day sleever.

I don't even know how to do this :-0. Thanks for the info, it makes me feel so much better. Surgery is in three days, nerves are growing. Unfortunately I live in Spain and sugar-free popsicles and Jello are not really available. I do have a good amount of sugar-free jello I brought back with me. I know what you mean, I spend a lot of time in the US and grew addicted to the sugar-free popsicles, so maybe better we don't have them. I did buy a posicle mold and tried making my own, texture is way off from the commercial ones, I just basically get a popsicle shaped ice cube with some flavor. My doctor did say I would spend the first two nights in the hospital and he won't let me go home unless he feels I am able to. Thank you again, your words comforted me.

You will do great! Just one step at a time. And you will get through!! I’ve found a lot of support here and we’re here if you need us! Congrats

3 hrs till check in! Getting my daughter off to school then heading to the hospital. The day is finally here!!!

I’m waiting to be called back also!!! Best wishes. You’re going to do awesome. Keep us posted!

5 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Pre-surgery check in, waiting for them to take me up....nervous. Actually nauseous, probably from taking my Vitamins and med. Dreary raining.

Hopr hope all goes well, I'm gonna be in your spot in 3 days I'm so nervous 😩

Edited by BritneyMc2017
I hope*

15 minutes ago, BritneyMc2017 said:

opr hope all goes well, I'm gonna be in your spot in 3 days I'm so nervous 😩

Hi Britney, I go in three days as well! I am nervous too but I am pretty sure once it's done we will realize its not as bad as we imagined. Hopr, best of luck!

Thanks. All cool. In my room, walked the hall, fuzzy brain....lol

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

October 28, 2017 in Mexico. Getting nervous!!! I wish I wouldn't have decided to go alone. However my mind changes every 30 minutes! Lol

51 year old woman
VSG DATE: 10/28/17
5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 249
SW: ---
GOAL: 135

You're not alone! You have a world-wide family/cheering section! Let us know how you are doing, please!

18 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Bruno DM me. I can be a great deal of help
. I am a 37 yr old male and I live alone... my mom brought me home from surgery and stayed with me till about 10pm the day I was released. She wanted to stay the night but I told her to go home and sleep in her own bed. I've been taking care of myself basically since I was released from the hospital. It's doable. Your not gonna want to leave for I'd say 2-3 days post op. Just rest and let the body heel at home.. Get rid of ALL the food in your house cause u can't even touch any of it for like a month. Stock up on sugar free popsicles, SG free Jello, and SG free pudding. Also buy the genpro unflavored Protein and mix it with the pudding.. You'll be fine on your own unless u have another handicap not mentioned. I went back to the gym and felt good doing so on Day 8 Post op. Try to document as much as u can..also get reading material or find some new shows to leave. Cause it gets really boring at home

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Can I just say I'm glad you put this out there? I love alone I'll be having surgery Nov 8th. My parents will be bringing me home and I'm pretty I'll have to duke it out with my mom about being left home alone, but I figure if I'm alone, I can rest (and heal) better!

I'm packing up inedibles tonight to take to my parents and buying my GENEPRO on Friday.

Your post let me know I'm on the right track :)

4 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Thanks. All cool. In my room, walked the hall, fuzzy brain....lol

Thanks.

Awesome. Congrats!!!!! Hopefully that will be me this Friday. Keep us posted and best of luck!

Can I just say I'm glad you put this out there? I love alone I'll be having surgery Nov 8th. My parents will be bringing me home and I'm pretty I'll have to duke it out with my mom about being left home alone, but I figure if I'm alone, I can rest (and heal) better!
I'm packing up inedibles tonight to take to my parents and buying my GENEPRO on Friday.
Your post let me know I'm on the right track [emoji4]

Your on a great track... just go into surgery as healthy a possible. We're all being honest, I had 1 binge day like 4-5 days before surgery but that was it. U definately want to go into surgery with your stomach and digestive system feeling healthy I'm sure that's why so many people have the Pre-op diet. My surgeon didn't but going in healthy I know made my recovery easier. Good luck !

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

We're all being honest, I had 1 binge day like 4-5 days before surgery

A whole day. :-) :D

I was due to be sleeved Thursday two weeks ago and on the Monday preceding, my wife had come home from the delicatessen with slices of champagne ham and a block of 5yo aged extra tasty cheese. I made a 450 calorie sandwich on thick-sliced Finnan sunflower bread as my last break-out meal at about 9pm that evening. (Cos lettuce, Ox-heart tomatoes and lebanese cucumber on it too!)

Memorable!

Edited by Rainbow_Warrior

10 hours ago, Bruno1966 said:

Hi Britney, I go in three days as well! I am nervous too but I am pretty sure once it's done we will realize its not as bad as we imagined. Hopr, best of luck!

Yes! That's what I keep telling myself don't overthink things and know that the outcome will be worth it! Thank you, same to you!🙂

7 hours ago, Beckik said:

You're not alone! You have a world-wide family/cheering section! Let us know how you are doing, please!

Hope all goes well! Keep us posted on everything your surgery is one day after mine, eeek! 😆

Hello everyone

Today is my last day of pre-op clears and Protein Shakes. Tomorrow at this time I will be getting ready to go into surgery. I need to drop my dog in the kennel today, go to work, pick up my kids, then later they are going to their Dad's for 4 days ( I did not want to have to be driving etc, bur I kind of wish they would be here) I will have support of my GF, but she will be working 3-12 hour night shifts, so mostly on my own. I think I will be fine, but I am sure I will be checking in here for moral support!

I am sipping sipping but it's like drinking rocks! Man it goes down hard, I can't get released unless I am drinking 120cc in an hour - you would think that would be doable, right! HA