Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all October sleevers!!

So what's everyone doing now and up to surgery day?

I'm slowly searching through my home for stuff that I need to pack for the hospital.

I've started to teach myself new habits, like eating better and slower. I'm also taking Vitamin D and Iron tablets as per the physician's order.

I've booked afterschool care for my son for the days after surgery. I usually pick him up from school. My husband will instead pick him up from afterschool care after work.

I've also decided I should maybe pick a dress of two sizes down to help motivate me when I get sleeved.

I'm slowly searching through my home for stuff that I need to pack for the hospital.

I've started to teach myself new habits, like eating better and slower. I'm also taking Vitamin D and Iron tablets as per the physician's order.

I've booked afterschool care for my son for the days after surgery. I usually pick him up from school. My husband will instead pick him up from afterschool care after work.

I've also decided I should maybe pick a dress of two sizes down to help motivate me when I get sleeved.

I've been trying to work on the 1/2 before, 1 hour after drink arrangements. It's slow going but I realized how much "washing down" was actually going on; never thought about this before.

I'm a size 18. I ordered a $5 skirt in size 6 and will hang this somewhere I can see it so I can keep my eye on the prize.

I've been stashing chapsticks everywhere so I don't forget one day of surgery (though I'm doing outpatient and will hopefully be home by the evening)

I've been bugging my husband to take before pictures and help me take measurements... one of these days!

When I first started this journey I read everything I could get my hands on... then I settled down a bit. Recently I picked up the thread again and started reading and revisiting various sites but especially those pertaining to my surgeon (reviews) and day-of accounts. I had a period of doubt but now the whole thing seems like a good choice again

Oh yeah; and I've been living out scenarios in my head on how I will react when people can't believe what they're seeing ( a lot of Rita Hayworth-like hair flipping going on in my mind!)

2 hours ago, crushingit said:

1. Peeling off a few more kilograms and shrinking my liver in the process.

2. Practising drinking 1.75 to 2.5 litres of Water per day. (Hard work.)

3. Practising the stretch in my Protein consumption.

4. Checking out the quality pureed food packs at ALDI ready for post-op eating.

5. Using the blender (more than ever before) to liquidise/puree raw fruit & veges.

6. Reading the dietitian's folders. Reading advice from sleevers past and present.

7. Ending my connection to high consumption bread and beer ... practising abstinence and minimisation.

8. Warning "the trusted few" which signs to warn me of post-op.

9. Stockpiling discounted Optifast and discounted Isowhey for shakes now, soon and later.

10. Various other bits of self re-education.

1 hour ago, njgal said:

I've been trying to work on the 1/2 before, 1 hour after drink arrangements. It's slow going but I realized how much "washing down" was actually going on; never thought about this before.

Yes, njgal, I probably need to put that on my extensive practice list or to-do list.

I'm a size 18. I ordered a $5 skirt in size 6 and will hang this somewhere I can see it so I can keep my eye on the prize.
I've been stashing chapsticks everywhere so I don't forget one day of surgery (though I'm doing outpatient and will hopefully be home by the evening)
I've been bugging my husband to take before pictures and help me take measurements... one of these days!
When I first started this journey I read everything I could get my hands on... then I settled down a bit. Recently I picked up the thread again and started reading and revisiting various sites but especially those pertaining to my surgeon (reviews) and day-of accounts. I had a period of doubt but now the whole thing seems like a good choice again [emoji4]
Oh yeah; and I've been living out scenarios in my head on how I will react when people can't believe what they're seeing ( a lot of Rita Hayworth-like hair flipping going on in my mind!)

I love your list. I think I'll hang my dress somewhere, too. Thanks for the idea. When I go shopping for clothes, I often take a photo of ne wearing the outfits. I should definitely group the photos for when I do my Before and After comparisons.

Fantastic! I didn't even think about doing that! The chemist down the road often has them on special.

I was warned about stockpiling too much of the same as tastes change. Just saying :)

6 hours ago, crushingit said:

Fantastic! I didn't even think about doing that! The chemist down the road often has them on special.

Yes, Isowhey 672g packs are 33% off at Chemist Warehouse & Priceline.

Optifast (which I have resolved to buy no more) is 25% to 21% off at CW, PL and Pharmacy For Less.

Optislim and Optislim-Rapid are two for $55 and two for $65 respectively ALMOST all the time. They come in 21 packs (compared to Optifast at 18 per pack).

6 hours ago, njgal said:

I was warned about stockpiling too much of the same as tastes change.

Good point.

I went with Nestles Optifast on my first shopping excursion ONLY BECAUSE MY DIETITIAN SPECIFICALLY RECOMMENDS IT.

- - -

But, after some research and commonsense, I have given up on Nestle Optifast for the future because:

(a) poor value ... only 18 packs and 12 packs ... and, even on 20% general discount, more expensive than undiscounted ALMOST 100% IDENTICAL brands.

e.g. An 18 pack of Optifast on the best special price is $AUS52 (or 36 for $104) which is $AUS2.89 per serve. Optislim, OTOH, a 99% identical formula, which comes in 21 packs is on an almost permanent two for $AUS55 which equates to $AUS1.31 per serve. Isowhey, a lower sugar, more fibre product is $AUS1.77 per serve normally and $AUS1.60 n discount. Optislim Rapid, the low-sugar, low-calorie version at two 21-packs for $65 full-time is $AUS1.55 per serve

Optifast by the Swiss Nestle is a giant wallet ripoff.

(b) Immorality! This is really galling. On the one-hand, Nestle owns lots of food and confectionery companies which worked their proverbial arses (asses for my USA readers) off selling us 5h1t to make us fat or obese in the first place.

The seductive ads to get us to buy less nutritional and dubious foods ... but then they're waiting with a high-cost paid solution to help alleviate obesity. Grrrrr. That is why I will buy almost any other brand that IS NOT at "both ends" of the "get-fat, lose weight" continuum.

(B) Immorality! This is really galling. On the one-hand, Nestle owns lots of food and confectionery companies which worked their proverbial arses (asses for my USA readers) off selling us 5h1t to make us fat or obese in the first ...

Good point as well!

Good point.
I went with Nestles Optifast on my first shopping excursion ONLY BECAUSE MY DIETITIAN SPECIFICALLY RECOMMENDS IT.
- - -
But, after some research and commonsense, I have given up on Nestle Optifast for the future because:
(a) poor value ... only 18 packs and 12 packs ... and, even on 20% general discount, more expensive than undiscounted ALMOST 100% IDENTICAL brands.
e.g. An 18 pack of Optifast on the best special price is $AUS52 (or 36 for $104) which is $AUS2.89 per serve. Optislim, OTOH, a 99% identical formula, which comes in 21 packs is on an almost permanent two for $AUS55 which equates to $AUS1.31 per serve. Isowhey, a lower sugar, more fibre product is $AUS1.77 per serve normally and $AUS1.60 n discount. Optislim Rapid, the low-sugar, low-calorie version at two 21-packs for $65 full-time is $AUS1.55 per serve
Optifast by the Swiss Nestle is a giant wallet ripoff.
(B) Immorality! This is really galling. On the one-hand, Nestle owns lots of food and confectionery companies which worked their proverbial arses (asses for my USA readers) off selling us 5h1t to make us fat or obese in the first place.
The seductive ads to get us to buy less nutritional and dubious foods ... but then they're waiting with a high-cost paid solution to help alleviate obesity. Grrrrr. That is why I will buy almost any other brand that IS NOT at "both ends" of the "get-fat, lose weight" continuum.

I made a friend on here that had surgery back in May. She gave me this site to get the Protein Shakes from them and your insurance pays for it. She already got approved and received her shipment. I filled out the app on line waiting for the call. They don't accept government funded insurances like Medicaid or Medicare but they do private insurance and the affordable care act insurances.

https://www.insurenutrition.com/index.php

I'm oct 2nd! I'm trying to buy all my supplies, what have y'all heard are best tasting Protein Shakes? I start my pre op diet Monday but mine is not all liquids.