Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO IM 6 MONTHS OUT AND IM KINDA FRUSTRATED MY DOCTOR TOLD ME IM NOT LOSING AS MUCH AS I SHOULD BE YET IM DOING EVERYTHING IM SUPPOSED TO BE DOING AND STAYING AWAY FROM THING IM NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EATING OR DRINKING STILL NOT LOSING AS MUCH AS HE WOULD LIKE IM KINDA CONFUSED BECAUSE THEY TELL U EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT AND EVERYBODY LOSES AT THEIR ON PACE YET UR SAYING IM NOT LOSING FAST ENOUGH IM JUST TO THE POINT WHERE I DONT EVEN WANNA GO TO THE DOCTORS ANYMORE IT JUST GETS ME UPSET AND PUTS ME IN A FUNK I WENT INTO A DEEP DEPRESSION AFTER MY LAST APPOINTMENT DONT KNOW WHEN THIS FEELING WILL GO AWAY

How much have you lost and how much does he think you should have lost?

Same here. I've lost 45 lbs since May 8 and I was told I wasn't doing well by the NP at the surgeons office. Bummed me out because I assumed with no thyroid and post menopause it wasn't bad.

Same here. I've lost 45 lbs since May 8 and I was told I wasn't doing well by the NP at the surgeons office. Bummed me out because I assumed with no thyroid and post menopause it wasn't bad.

Your doing great! Dont let anybody tell you any different!

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

There are a lot of factors to take into effect when determining how much you shouldve lost. I was sleeved March 31st and as of today am at 40 lb lost since being sleeved. Every time I go to the doctor they tell me I'm doing great and to keep it up. They are the ones who tell me not to compare to anyone else. Your journey is your own and you control the outcome. Have I taken a nibble of my kids pizza or burger when I shouldnt have, yes, do I drink enough Water, no. I do get my Protein in though, take my Vitamins and get about 15k steps daily. Could I push myself in exercise and lose a bit faster, probably, but I was 251 last year, am down to 190.4 today and went from a size 46 mens to a 14 woman's (I fit in my daughters jeans) and am off all medications!

Keep doing what you know you are supposed to do, and dont give up, or let anyone's words get you down or make you lose focus!

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Your doing great! Dont let anybody tell you any different!

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! I was pretty deflated but you know what? I feel great and have no intentions of not continuing on to goal. Even if it's at a pokey pace. [emoji3]

Ok, so I looked up your stats. You've lost 39% of your excess weight, which IS lower than average, but you still have time!

How long was your preop diet? (What happens preop can be an indication of what happens postop).

Since you are petite, I urge you to pay special attention to your calories. Aim for 800-900 a day if you don't exercise (I usually recommend more, but I suspect you need more severe restriction).

If you do exercise, go up to 1000, but not more than that (unless you are running marathons).

15 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

How much have you lost and how much does he think you should have lost?

IVE LOST 52 POUNDS OVERALL HE DIDNT SAY HOW MUCH I SHOULD HAVE LOST JUST SAID IM NOT LOSING ENOUGH IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME IM SO CONFUSED AND VERY DISCOURAGED

2 hours ago, Berry78 said:

Ok, so I looked up your stats. You've lost 39% of your excess weight, which IS lower than average, but you still have time!

How long was your preop diet? (What happens preop can be an indication of what happens postop).

Since you are petite, I urge you to pay special attention to your calories. Aim for 800-900 a day if you don't exercise (I usually recommend more, but I suspect you need more severe restriction).

If you do exercise, go up to 1000, but not more than that (unless you are running marathons).

THANK YOU FOR THAT IM GONNA TRY MY BEST

33 minutes ago, browngirl89 said:

IVE LOST 52 POUNDS OVERALL

I suppose different surgeons have different expectations...the staff at the bariatric surgery practice was pleased when I had lost 55 pounds at my 6-month follow-up appointment.

You lost 52 pounds in 6 months...at that rate, that's 104 pounds yearly. Your weight loss is to be commended, so keep up the good work and keep working at it.

Good luck to you. :)

Every time someone talks about how their doctor has specific weight loss goals, and how their doctor shames them for not meeting them, I just thank my lucky stars I'm at my particular program. It's so messed up. If you're following the rules -- eating well, exercising, not eating and drinking at the same time -- and you're still losing weight, then tell them to F off with their particular numbers. We're not a one-size-fits-all world. Everyone is different. They shouldn't be shaming you, especially since you're doing fine!!

I just looked it up. At 6 months out, I'd lost 61 pounds (86 if you count the 25 from pre-op, but I'm not counting them since we're just talking post-op weight loss!) Everyone at my program told me I was doing incredibly....and to focus less on the numbers and just to stick to my plan...

I lost like 60 pounds in the first three or four months, then it just kind of stalled out for a month or so. Then bam it just plummeted again. If anything my dietary habits have constantly improved so I don't know what caused the stall, but give it time! Don't get discouraged by what you have left to lose or how long it will take. Look at how far you've come and Celebrate that!!!

The problem with this is everyone really does lose at their own pace. I'm a slow loser and I lose in clumps, as in I will stall for weeks and then lose a whole lot at one time. My surgeon always gives me a hard time (I've lost 79 pounds in 9 months post op) asking "why are you not losing more" or reminding me I'm still obese or overweight according to my BMI. However my NUT and even the nurses at the surgeons office always comment how great I'm doing so I chose to keep moving and keep what my surgeon says at bay. I'm the lightest I've ever been in my adult lift, I have no co-morbidities now so in my eyes, this was success already.