Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had gastric sleeve surgery 11/9/2016. I am 5' 4.5" and weighed 245 on the day of surgery.

Fast forward nearly 10 months, I'm down 37#. I have fluctuated between 35 and 40 pounds for the past 5 months. I'm sick with disappointment. I thought this would be easier. I cashed out nearly all of my 401K to pay for this surgery because my insurance wouldn't cover it.

What is wrong with me? Am I doomed to be fat forever?? I thought the purpose of WLS was to make it easier to lose weight.

Can someone share experiences that helped you get back on track? What is a typical daily menu for you?

5 hours ago, stpatty said:

I had gastric sleeve surgery 11/9/2016. I am 5' 4.5" and weighed 245 on the day of surgery.

Fast forward nearly 10 months, I'm down 37#. I have fluctuated between 35 and 40 pounds for the past 5 months. I'm sick with disappointment. I thought this would be easier. I cashed out nearly all of my 401K to pay for this surgery because my insurance wouldn't cover it.

What is wrong with me? Am I doomed to be fat forever?? I thought the purpose of WLS was to make it easier to lose weight.

Can someone share experiences that helped you get back on track? What is a typical daily menu for you?

well you should be proud of your self

Thanks sweetie. I guess since I paid so much and felt I took a drastic measure to lose weight...I was expecting drastic results..

When you say 'back on track' what do you mean? What have you been eating all this time? Post some typical days with macros.

5 hours ago, stpatty said:

Thanks sweetie. I guess since I paid so much and felt I took a drastic measure to lose weight...I was expecting drastic results..

keep doing up

11 hours ago, stpatty said:

yes that is true but then you just of to keep your mind right

Have you talked with your surgeon ? I mean its still less than a year after surgery so you should still be losing weight. But surgeon should know your history and the plan youve been following better than anybody, and hopefully should be able to keep you on track.

Hi there, sorry to hear you have been struggling. This process is hard and does help with your weight loss, but you still have to work it hard!
If you paid for your surgery that I'd hope it come with some sort of follow up and support. You should take full advantage of that and utilize them as much as possible. You need to let them know your not meeting your goals and have them help you with your meals and daily food/drink intake.
Do you track your calories and activity?
Good luck!

I am dealimg with the same thing. Except I know Its my own fault. I eat bread, chips, ice cream. Its all garbage. I also habe Rheumatoid arthritis and have been on prednisone for 6 months. So i know thats where my cravings are coming from. Ugh. Good luck!

On 6 September 2017 at 8:25 PM, hking74 said:

I am dealimg with the same thing. Except I know Its my own fault. I eat bread, chips, ice cream. Its all garbage. I also habe Rheumatoid arthritis and have been on prednisone for 6 months. So i know thats where my cravings are coming from. Ugh. Good luck!

Hello! Stumbled on your reply.

I too suffer from RA, and was just wondering if you had any issues while getting the surgery? Or after it?

My physician has told me to wait till my ESR levels drop to 30-which doesn't seem to be happening even with Methotrexate.

Did you have any side effects post surgery with pain flare up etc?

Thanks!

Do you have the option of seeing a therapist? I discovered that my anxiety was causing me to overeat. A therapist helped me learn other coping mechanisms. I’ve also realized that I was addicted to food, so I had to work through that as well. It’s an ongoing battle to break that desire. I read a book called Never Binge Again, which really helped me set some boundaries for myself.

I had the lapband ten years ago, and went through the same things you’re feeling right now. I didn’t lose more than fifteen pounds, and ended up gaining it back and some more. Weight loss surgery fixes our bodies, but not our brains. If you can get some help to change your mindset, it might go a long way in getting you back on track. You can do this!