Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very slow weight loss?

HI everyone. I had a Lap band to a Mini Bypass revision on July 5th. So far. I have lost 23 pounds, but somehow I keep feeling that it should be a bit more. after some difficulty in the first two months with my eating. With a lot of food rejection, I now feel that I can eat quite well. I can eat a small size of fish, or one whole very well cooked and soft chicken thigh. I avoid carbohydrates to maybe one dry diet cracker in the morning with cottage and s bit at lunch (at the most have half a potato or a spoonful of carrots or zucchini with the protein) and concentrate on the Protein. I walk a lot on my job (I am a tour guide) sometimes for two whole hours.. I try to drink enough ( I usually mix Water with sugarless ice tea powder, as flavoured water goes down easier for me )

I completely avoid sweets, Pasta, bread, and eat very little fruit. Also I am not experiencing any cravings really, and because I am eating protein 3 times a day I think that I am getting enough protein and still the weight loss seems to stall. Or am I being unrealistic?? Or maybe I am doing something wrong? Last week. I was at 24 pounds less, this week it came back to 23., I am starting to feel frustrated with this up and down effect!! I would really appreciate some feedback from those of you who went through this before, and how you managed to overcome this! For the record, as this might be an important detail, I am 61. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and answer. All the best to everyone.

Sent from my D6603 using BariatricPal mobile app

don't paste the same thread in three different forums. that's unnecessary.

HI everyone. I had a Lap band to a Mini Bypass revision on July 5th. So far. I have lost 23 pounds, but somehow I keep feeling that it should be a bit more. after some difficulty in the first two months with my eating. With a lot of food rejection, I now feel that I can eat quite well. I can eat a small size of fish, or one whole very well cooked and soft chicken thigh. I avoid carbohydrates to maybe one dry diet cracker in the morning with cottage and s bit at lunch (at the most have half a potato or a spoonful of carrots or zucchini with the protein) and concentrate on the Protein. I walk a lot on my job (I am a tour guide) sometimes for two whole hours.. I try to drink enough ( I usually mix Water with sugarless ice tea powder, as flavoured water goes down easier for me )
I completely avoid sweets, Pasta, bread, and eat very little fruit. Also I am not experiencing any cravings really, and because I am eating protein 3 times a day I think that I am getting enough protein and still the weight loss seems to stall. Or am I being unrealistic?? Or maybe I am doing something wrong? Last week. I was at 24 pounds less, this week it came back to 23., I am starting to feel frustrated with this up and down effect!! I would really appreciate some feedback from those of you who went through this before, and how you managed to overcome this! For the record, as this might be an important detail, I am 61. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and answer. All the best to everyone.

I think we are in the same boat. I’ve posted asking the rate folks have lost weight. Tuesday was 4 weeks post surgery. I can say though I’ve not been quite as good as you. I have had some breads here and there. But I’m not sure at what rate folks will lose weight. I started at 222. Morning of surgery I was 217. I’m down to 196 as of today. My sister doesn’t remember how she actually lost the weight but she remembers plateauing several times. She’s four years post surgery and has jus recently lost a few more pounds. I know slow and steady is good but I hear all these stories of dramatic weight loss very early. I guess my 25 is dramatic for five weeks total

HW 228
CW 217
GW 125

HI Monica. So after talking to several nutritionists specialized in bariatrics, and researching, I now made peace with the rate of my weight loss. Somebody here posted a table of weight ranges according to age and height. This also helped. I am 61 will be 62 in two months. Have had already major weightloss with my lap band years ago, so this is my second surgery. All nutritionists said these two details are a big factor that will affect my weight loss. I have now lost a total of 33 pounds in 3 months. My lab tests just came in and I am in the absolute normal range, which means no more cholesterol. No more diabetes. No more high blood pressure. This in itself is already my great victory! I now [emoji817] % fir sure that I will loose the rest 20-25 Kgs (40-45 pounds). If it takes a month longer that is also fine. My full bonus is already here, I am medicine free!! I feel great (except for the occasional gas which sometimes,drives me and my hubby crazy kkk) and hope everyone here has great success with their journey. We have all carried our weight too long with all the pain and I suffering that it involved. Now we are all getting a second lease. This in itself is a great thing. So let us all enjoy the ride. be kind and loving to ourselves and also patient with our bodies. They have endured a lot already. Lots if live to everyone.