Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8/25/17 sleeve updates

I lost 14lbs in my 1 week pre op then lost another 13 in the first week post op but, have stalled the last 5 days. Been just about the same weight for 5 days and it's very frustrating but, I know it will be like this so I am sticking with it and hoping for the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Btw, i had the gastric bypass and

Btw, i had the gastric bypass and

Sorry sent it before I finished typing. Tried saying I had the bypass with hernia repair 9/5/17

Sleeved on 8/25... lost 26 pounds in total from pre surgery phase. Stalling weight loss 3-4th week. Able to eat an entire egg but I so badly want a bread. Anyone ever had bread?

I was sleeved on 24 August. I stalled for nine days and in the last four days I've lost 6 pounds. So it's coming off again. Thankfully. I'm down a total of 30 pounds, including the pre-op diet for a week. So have heart if you are stalled. It does pick up again.

My surgery was 8/25. I was 202 on surgery date, and have lost about 17 lbs so far. I'm concerned that I'm not losing fast enough.I start pureed foods on 9/23. Maybe I'm not getting enough Water. I don't know. I start back to work on 9/25. I know I'll be getting a lot more movement then, and that will help speed things up.

Don't weigh yourself, it will just discourage you. I weighed myself today and there has been no change in 4 days. I am going to stop weighing myself. Also, my dietician said to expect about 1.5 pounds per week.@BunneyGirl don't be too hard on yourself and give yourself some time. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Guys!!! I was sleeved on 8/22/2017. I had a horrible time with Protein Shakes and was dehydrated several times even with the correct intake of liquids. In total I've lost 35 lbs. I'm now on soft foods and didn't crave certain foods until now... salt, seasoning even a lick of Doritos... my calorie count averages 600-750 and Protein on a good day averages 60-65. I went to work a week later and get about 6,000 steps in.

@Amy1234 I don't think there's anything to prevent the stall. My nutritionist told me that your body needs to have an adjustment period to deal with the massive weight loss. Then you start losing again. Just try not be frustrated and know it's coming! But, make sure you're getting your Protein and Water. She said you can stall if you don't get those in.

Checking in again. I have lost only 8 lbs since the surgery. I’m sticking to the program consistently. Now that I’m really eating solid food, I’m eating less than when I was on soft food. I get heartburn and feel nauseous often as well. Happily I have a doctor’s apt. Tuesday, so I’ll let you know what they say.

Update: Down 24 lbs since surgery - 37 lbs since my high 2 months ago. Pretty much sustaining myself on greek yogurt, scrambled eggs and Protein Bars. Protein Water (lemon) instead of Protein Shakes (because I hate them all), and would love to say I'm getting all of my water in. I'm not. But doing my best. Trying to eat as much protein as possible at each meal. Looking forward for the 19th when I will be on "normal" food. Any other updates from everyone? Where are you? How are you doing? What are you eating? Are you still tired? I feel like I'm starting to come out of the tired phase. Even did a 2.5 mile hike on Sunday. Progress.

Checking in again. I have lost only 8 lbs since the surgery. I’m sticking to the program consistently. Now that I’m really eating solid food, I’m eating less than when I was on soft food. I get heartburn and feel nauseous often as well. Happily I have a doctor’s apt. Tuesday, so I’ll let you know what they say.

Doctor said I’m doing fine- the weight will come off - just that I have won the lottery of slow metabolisms! Also he had to clean out one of the wounds- which has still been oozing a little so many weeks out, but all in all everything is on track. I’m relieved!