Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back again! So my regular diet starts in exact one week. Monday will be 5 weeks after that I'm allowed a regular diet. The problem is I feel like I don't know what to eat. Right now for my soft foods phase I eat a lot of eggs, soft shredded chicken I has the chili mashed potatoes and yeah I basically don't know what to do once I leave this phase. Honestly sometimes I feel like I can eat anything as long as I chew it really well and take small bites and time but I'm honestly confused I'm honestly scared like what do I eat now. I know I have a week well a little over a week but a week can fly fast.

Tiffani

I stick with the basics, focus on Protein, Vitamins and Water. So I eat mostly: bacon,egg,cheese in morning, rotisserie chicken for lunch/dinner, nuts/soft veggies/cheese for Snacks. Even when I was on the full diet it took me a long time to ease into what I'm eating now. My stomach took a long time to heal so it took a lot of trial and error to find what works best for me. And even now and under a year I'm still slowly trying to add things in. I don't eat veggies with hard rinds, I can't do beef very well, things are just different. But it's fun to try, little bites here and there see how it goes. Okay good

I stick with the basics, focus on Protein, Vitamins and Water. So I eat mostly: bacon,egg,cheese in morning, rotisserie chicken for lunch/dinner, nuts/soft veggies/cheese for Snacks. Even when I was on the full diet it took me a long time to ease into what I'm eating now. My stomach took a long time to heal so it took a lot of trial and error to find what works best for me. And even now and under a year I'm still slowly trying to add things in. I don't eat veggies with hard rinds, I can't do beef very well, things are just different. But it's fun to try, little bites here and there see how it goes. Okay good

Yeah it's just nerve wrecking I feel like idk what to eat. But thank you for that help

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

Yeah it's just nerve wrecking I feel like idk what to eat. But thank you for that help

I did a google search for menu plans and it helped. I'm doing low carb so lots of meats (the fish here sucks or I'd do more fish) cheeses and nuts. I am forcing myself to cook more so I don't get bored and don't fall into old habits. It took me a while to get in the groove so at your stage I was eating chicken. Lots of chicken lol
Do you like to cook?

I did a google search for menu plans and it helped. I'm doing low carb so lots of meats (the fish here sucks or I'd do more fish) cheeses and nuts. I am forcing myself to cook more so I don't get bored and don't fall into old habits. It took me a while to get in the groove so at your stage I was eating chicken. Lots of chicken lol
Do you like to cook?

I hate cooking but I'm like you I'm gonna have to force myself to cook. I just am like so what do I cook. When can I eat I start adding certain foods in you know. Can you tell me exactly what you googled because I need help.

I skip the cooking right now due to summer heat, I just go buy a rotisserie chicken and carve 4-6oz off and devour. I LOVE chicken...and I eat the skin...tee hee!!!! To me it tastes so amazing and is all Protein AND it's soft meat so easy to digest.

So, in the beginning I ate so boring because I was scared and cooking was just too much for the little I could eat. But I used this for example.
https://store.bariatricpal.com/pages/meal-plans-for-one-week-for-the-solid-foods-weight-loss-surgery-diet

Now that I'm three months out I use this.
https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-ketogenic-cookbook-jimmy-moore/1120791682?ean=2940151169974&st=PLA&sid=NOK_DRS_NOOK+EBooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP78382