Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies: The Body differences when you are slimmer

There are a lot of changes I have noticed about my body since I have become slimmer. Some of them have freaked me out, but most of them I have become comfortable with. Feeling and seeing my ribs and my hip bones is still weird, but it is becoming normalized. If you have thin friends these things are normal to them and they take them for granted, so it isn't something you have a lot of people you can discuss it with.

This blog post hits on 5 differences.

• Belly Button
  • Hips
  • Ribcage
  • Collarbone
  • Sternum

http://fromfattofitgirl.com/what-people-who-successfully-lost-weight-are-hiding-from-you-5-alarming-things-about-your-new-fit-body/

This is one of those annoying slide shows but it hits on 15 points.

http://madamenoire.com/266501/what-single-every-part-of-your-body-should-look-like-when-healthy/

I think the thing for me that has ben the craziest is my bra sitting firmly against my sternum. I can't remember the last time that happened.

18 minutes ago, Diana_in_Philly said:

I think the thing for me that has ben the craziest is my bra sitting firmly against my sternum. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Oh my gosh I never even THOUGHT about that! Now I'm looking forward to actually fitting my bras properly haha

20 minutes ago, Diana_in_Philly said:

Yeah that has been really weird for me also. Also my bras are actually touching my ribs, and sometimes resting between a rib. It doesn't hurt it just makes me very aware.

Perfectly timed post. I was just noticing my sternum the other day and thinking it felt so weird. It may sound silly but I've also noticed the bones in my hands when I wiggle my index or middle finger. I can actually see them!

When I rest my face on my hands or apply moisturiser I can fee bones now. And my thighs look a little longer. Also, my body moves differently. Basically the difference between wearing a fat suit and taking it off. So strange, but I love it and am still getting used to the changes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

3 minutes ago, hmills653 said:

I wish I could get small enough to not need one

That would be so crazy! I'll just take being a more normal size again, not these over the shoulder boulder holders I've got now haha my roommate in college used to put a cup on her head and say it was big enough to be a hat :lol::lol:

The first place that wrought loss was noticeable is my face and its working its way down oddly enough. When I first went back to work everyone noticed my cheek bones. So it went cheek and collar bones, my teen daughter asked why my hands look bony, I told her my skin is older than hers. My upper abdomen is flatter. I have only gone down one pant size from 22 to 20. 3 mos post op so this is somewhat upsetting. I notice bagginess in my thighs and butt of pants. I really want to lose this belly. I guess it'll take time. I'm grateful for what I've lost, it's just I had my appt with surgeon yesterday and the girl that was about my twin and had surgery the same day looked so much thinner to me with her little chicken legs (meant with love). I'm down 37# since surgery. I know I couldn't have do be that much on my own.

35 minutes ago, hmills653 said:

I wish I could get small enough to not need one [emoji23]

I'm a 34 F/G and I can get away with not wearing a bra in structured or tight fitting dresses. It is really fun and something I never thought I would be able to do.

What I enjoy the most, is having my curves back. My goodness, I missed them so much. lol Before, I never wanted to really wear shirts that contoured my body, but now, I can't stand to be in a shirt that's too big or pants that aren't skinnies. I'm getting my breast lift and reduction in three weeks, I'm sure that'll really make me smile! :D

Having collar bones all the time was a big shock for me. Not having to raise my shoulders or stand a certain way to make them appear.

Same with being able to feel my hip bones when I put my hands on my hips. Sometimes I still rub my hands over them because it's so weird.

I wish my belly button would come out but I have a B shaped belly and have a big spare tire of loose skin right around my middle above my waist despite a 100+ pound weight loss. I've always carried my weight in my "upper belly" but I was hoping it would even out. I wanted to get my belly button pierced.

The only difference that isn't entirely positive for me is that my derrière lacks padding, and that can make sitting for extended time periods uncomfortable. I just got back from Africa and the total amount of flying time there was 24 hours, with only a two hour layover in between to walk around. I sat on my pillow and it provided a bit of cushion, but not enough. I'm going to buy a pillow specifically for sitting on during long flights so I won't be as uncomfortable next time.

I'd still like to lose a bit of weight of stomach, but instead of the pounds leaving from there they leave from the one area I want more fat. I even looked into padded panties, haha. I'm not even kidding - they are a real thing, just like padded bras are.

I'm down to a healthy-looking size two now (I'm tall but have a narrow frame, so I still don't look all that thin), and grateful every day for having the VSG, so this is a minor complaint in the scheme of things.

The first place that wrought loss was noticeable is my face and its working its way down oddly enough. When I first went back to work everyone noticed my cheek bones. So it went cheek and collar bones, my teen daughter asked why my hands look bony, I told her my skin is older than hers. My upper abdomen is flatter. I have only gone down one pant size from 22 to 20. 3 mos post op so this is somewhat upsetting. I notice bagginess in my thighs and butt of pants. I really want to lose this belly. I guess it'll take time. I'm grateful for what I've lost, it's just I had my appt with surgeon yesterday and the girl that was about my twin and had surgery the same day looked so much thinner to me with her little chicken legs (meant with love). I'm down 37# since surgery. I know I couldn't have do be that much on my own.

I'm in the same situation as you... I'm about 3 1/2 months post op and still wearing all my preppy clothes because although they are big I haven't had a big enough drop in sizes yet to buy smaller pants (started at a 22-24 and I'm maybe an 18 but I thought I'd be smaller by now).

I remember the first time I saw my clavicle bones. I hadn't seen those since high school. I'm pregnant now, and this pregnancy has been different from the one I started out at 270 pounds.