Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As soon as my clothes started to get loose, I tried on the smaller sizes in my closet. I have gone from a Catherine's 5x/32 to Lane Bryant 18/20/22. As soon as something gets loose, it's out the door. I have managed to go through all my pre-surgery clothes and clothes I bought last winter and some from the spring. My shoe size has dropped 1 1/2 - 2 sizes, meaning I've had to buy new shoes for fall.

I've found now that I prefer clothes that show my shape, not too tight, but definitely not baggy. I don't even like baggy pajamas anymore. I want them to fit right, not hang off my body. Loving that my jeans no longer have any elastic waistbands. Loving that I can wear dresses without having to have tights or bike shorts underneath to keep my thighs from rubbing. Loving that I can wear tops without another shirt or jacket on.

My shoe size has dropped 1 1/2 - 2 sizes, meaning I've had to buy new shoes for fall.

It amazes me how shoe sizes can change. I am hoping to be able to buy knee high boots that aren't wide calf!!!

2 hours ago, Airstream88 said:

My shoe size has dropped 1 1/2 - 2 sizes, meaning I've had to buy new shoes for fall.

Don't buy too many shoes or get too attached. I purchased a lot of shoes last year thinking my feet had bottomed out and I would lost anymore and I lost another size. I went from a 12W to a 10 almost need a narrow. My feet are long and thin, lol. I never thought I would get smaller than an 11, I gave away a ton of heels this year.

2 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

Don't buy too many shoes or get too attached. I purchased a lot of shoes last year thinking my feet had bottomed out and I would lost anymore and I lost another size. I went from a 12W to a 10 almost need a narrow. My feet are long and thin, lol. I never thought I would get smaller than an 11, I gave away a ton of heels this year.

SO ITS REALLY TRUE THAT YOU CAN GO DOWN A SHOE SIZE OR 2 WHEN YOU LOSE WEIGHT

@sassy683

Oh totally. I wear regular over the knee/thigh high boots in a size 10. I used to have to buy 12W and I could only special order boots or get them from like Torrid of Avenue. I can stick my hands on either side of my calves with wide calf boots on now, they are just massive, gave all of those away too. I can buy shoes anywhere and now I am collecting designer shoes. I am going to have a blast in Nordstrom, Saks and Neimans this fall.

5 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

@sassy683

Oh totally. I wear regular over the knee/thigh high boots in a size 10. I used to have to buy 12W and I could only special order boots or get them from like Torrid of Avenue. I can stick my hands on either side of my calves with wide calf boots on now, they are just massive, gave all of those away too. I can buy shoes anywhere and now I am collecting designer shoes. I am going to have a blast in Nordstrom, Saks and Neimans this fall.

LOL... I KNOW THATS RIGHT ....... MAYBE I'LL START WEARING MORE HEELS AFTER SURGERY, IM A SNEAKERS AND FLATS KINDA GIRL...

[mention=324213]sassy683[/mention]

Awesome! I have two pairs of wide calf riding boots that I can now stick my hand down inside too. They weren't snug presurgery but now I totally can see the difference. I've always been an 8.5 or 9 but my feet are have always been "not chubby" but my calves were big.

I just started on this journey and the first thing I did was was to buy some smaller clothing and hang them up so that I can see them at any time as a positive reinforcement for me!!! I can't wait until I can get into them (and look good). I'm looking forward to not laying down on the bed to zip my pants :P

18 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I'm taking replenishing my shoe collection slowly. It's so nice to replace the Crocs and Naturalizer clog type shoes with nicer, closed back ones. My feet were so chubby before that I couldn't wear pumps. I bought my first pair this week to wear with my new ankle length pants. :)

On 9/1/2017 at 8:41 AM, Berry78 said:

I agree with no stretchies at maintenance, but when starting out in the losing phase, it's no biggie. Keeps me from having to spend a fortune.

I agree with this too! I can't afford to buy new clothes at every stage of weight loss. I just bought 4 pairs of pants from QVC in the that flowy kind of crystal knit fabric...I'm only 6 weeks out and they should be pretty forgiving while I'm losing. They are a size smaller than I would have purchased pre-surgery so that made me happy! I'm down 38 pounds and already seeing some progress in sizing!

56 minutes ago, Airstream88 said:

omg...this is so interesting! I never thought about my feet getting smaller! I have a wide foot and I figured they would thin out, but actually go down sizes? Why does that happen? Thank you for posting this...lol! I'll hold off on getting anything new for a while.

7 hours ago, celticNgel said:

I'm looking forward to not laying down on the bed to zip my pants :P

You're awesome for having a zipper in the first place...all of mine are pull ups right now! Good for you :)

I have a bunch of Fall/Winter stuff in my closet that I am not gonna be able to wear. I blew right past XL size this summer. I tried some on and they are too big. I am a little sad because I had been looking forward to fitting back into them. I am going to have to go shopping for size large/medium tops soon.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should just bag them all up and do another closet purge.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I have a bunch of Fall/Winter stuff in my closet that I am not gonna be able to wear. I blew right past XL size this summer. I tried some on and they are too big. I am a little sad because I had been looking forward to fitting back into them. I am going to have to go shopping for size large/medium tops soon.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should just bag them all up and do another closet purge.

What about getting some of the nicer items tailored to your smaller size?

If they don't fit, don't stress because you'll get there in time. I started trying on new clothes immediately because it was fun to see me start shrinking.