Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having vsg Sept 8 2017

Gazebo, so your blood pressure is high? But everything else is fine? I'm so glad you're doing good. Take it easy when you do get home ok. Best wishes.....pam

Gazebo, so your blood pressure is high? But everything else is fine? I'm so glad you're doing good. Take it easy when you do get home ok. Best wishes.....pam

Yes. Its the strangest thing. My BP is not ussually that high. I'm not on any medication, but it wouldnt cime dinw much in the hispital. They kept me an extra day.i guess ut finally was within their accepable range because they did not prescribe anything for home.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

3 days post op and I have'nt eaten much. Yesterday I had about 2 to 3 tablespoons of food. (Jello, broth, and hospital protein). I was released and trued 2 sips of Protein which was way too heavy and would not go down. So, for the rest of the day I just focused in Water and got maybe 8 to 10 oz in.
A lot of family showed up which was nice but I just wanted to go to bed. I had what I can only describe as spasms in esophagus.
My incision sites do not hurt at all but they look horrible. Mainly because I'm having an allergic reaction to the surgical glue and whatever else they rubbed on my stomach.
Im finally back in my regular prescriptions (they are small enough to swallow whole with 1 oz of water diluted juice).
I thought I would not need pain medicine but I am getting cramping and spasms so I did take a half a pill before bed.
I woke up today to 267.8 lbs.
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers.
Surgery went well and I'm now focused on recovery. 🤗

Day 4 post op. Water water water.
I got 30 grams of Protein in with 6 oz broth. It took 3 hours.
I spent the entire day getting my water in. It was hard to swallow. I got wierd sensations in my tummy/throat. I made my quota by bedtime. I noticed that I burped with every sip.
My nurse gave me medicine cups to measurr out my liquids but It was getting annoying carrying both water bottle and measuring cup around so I took an 8 oz water bottle and refilled omce completed. That worked for me.
I am not feeling any pain and can pretty much move around like I used to. I do have to fight the urge to pick up my son.
I have an allergic reaction to the surgical glue and took children's benadryl. Bad idea. Experienced dumping syndrome because of the sugar.
This mornimg I'm feeling even befter than yesterday. Drinking water has become easier. So, today's goal is getting in all of my protein.
Total weight loss 20 lbs.

Just wanted to add. I usually write a summary of the day before and I forget some things.
My family and friends have been super supportive and check in om me daily.
No matter how much anti nausea meds I received, I still got sick. I found out later that the narcotics I was being given post op cause have undesirable side effects (cue foaming ). Some people will not need them. I did for about a day.
I had buyer's remorse for About a half a day.
Head hunger is real. I'm having a hard time being around those who can eat. ( my hubby is making eggs and sausage right now).
My first day back his family came over and they ordered chinese. So I walked over to my neighbor's for about an hour.
Things do get better with time.

6 hours ago, Gazebo said:

I took an 8 oz Water bottle and refilled omce completed. That worked for me.
I am not feeling any pain and can pretty much move around like I used to. I do have to fight the urge to pick up my son.

Water bottle = GOOD move!

Pain news = pleasing.

RE PAIN AFTER SURGERY: My best man (from wedding many years back) had his Endoscopic Gastric Sleeve 46 hours ago (Monday 11th Sept at 10am).

He was home 25 hours later. (I was with him 11:30am to 1:30pm Tuesday.) No pain. Walking and moving freely. He played with his dogs and daughter on the floor/rug.

He is returning to work today ... right now.

ENDOSCOPIC GS = having the gastric sleeve down from the inside, i.e. down the throat. NO INCISIONS. No keyholes.

6 hours ago, Gazebo said:

This mornimg I'm feeling even befter than yesterday. Drinking Water has become easier. So, today's goal is getting in all of my Protein.< br /> Total weight loss 20 lbs.

Superb news!

Superb news!

Endoscopic GS sound like the wave of thr future! Thats awesome.
Thank you for your words of encouragenent :)

Day 5 post op wrap up.
I went in to baruatric group therapy yesterday and they were happy ans impressed to see me up and about.
Really no pain unless I over sip. Sometimes stress will cause some cramping.
My incisions are itching like crazy. Finally got to the pharmacy to get benadryl pills and lotion. Also had to buy chewable vitamins...totally had forgotten about them.
Got all my Protein in. Indulged in a sugar free ice pop.
Craving all food! I won't give in for obvious reasons but also I'm afraid of hurting myself. I did sniff one of my kid's cookies.. then threw it out.
Im at About 21lbs down.

16 minutes ago, Gazebo said:

About 21lbs down.

Congratulations.

Nice start.

Time to update your current weight/mass, eh?

I mentioned before my stoach rash due to allergic reaction to the surgical glue. Well yesterday was the worst. I almost called my doctor, i couldnt stand it.
Well I started taking oral pill benadryl and washing my abdomen with cetaphil twice a day and re applying cortisone cream. I had 2.5% from a previous issue. At bedtime, I read the box and saw that I could take 2 pills. So I did and woke up to a much better situation. So I will be repeating the benadryl and cortisone untill it's completely gone.

I have my post op follow up this afternoon.
My incisions look great. Allergy is gone. I feel great except for the dizzy spells. I have had less than 200 cal for the day and its 3pm.
I am bored of broth and Soup.
Will try some sf Jello or pudding.< br>I'm hoping for good news from my surgeon and will need the go ahead to return to work. I have already driven around town. Done minor cleaning and organizing around the house.
My new hobby is organizing...thats what Im going to put my energy into in the next few months.
Still holding at 263 (-23)

I returned to work last week Friday with the okay from my surgeon. I did alright, walking around the job and walking around at home os not the same so I had to pace myself for a while and now I've regained my strength.
Vitamins make me nauseous and do I dread taking them to the point that I forget to take them some days.
Im not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs but I have to pick up my toddler sometimes and I do so carefully using my arms or leg strength, so far so good.
I still get dizzy spells. Have struggled with Water intake. Im bored of Crystal light.
I'm down to 260 and have stayed there almost a week.
I let myself get over hungry and tried 1/2 meatball. Ate about half if it too fast (old habit) and immediately regretted it for the next half hour. Now I hate meatballs.

Tomorrow is my 1 month since surgery. I'm down 30 (31?)lbs total!
I weighed in at 255.6 this morning.
I am not tolerating meat well. Mostly because I miss it and always overdo it, so I spend the next hour sick and throwing up. Each time It happens is at dinnertime. So I've given up on meat for a while.
I ve been having Protein trail.mix with no problems as well as low fat soft cheese and I am continuing Protein Shakes until i can properly get my daily protein elsewhere. Going out has not been a problem since I pack my own food.
I have found out i can tolerate my kid's Snacks which is very dangerous for me.
Im bored of Water and Crystal light. So Im diluting juice half and half with water, but have only done that twice.
I have added caffeine in the morning and limit myself to 1 cup a day.
Tea is my second fav drink.
My surgeon has cleared me for exercise and I tried to get on my treadmill today but the kids were not having it. I got about 15 to 20 min on between breaks of checking up on my rowdy boys.
Will try again tomorrow.

Im 6 weeks post op today. Dowm to 252. Weight loss has definitely slowed. Have only made it to the gym 2 times in 2 weeks.
Got Jury duty.
Still not down a pant size, they're loose everywhere but my belly. I am down a shirt size though.
I've been having dizzy spells where I cant bend over or look up. Started being more diligent with my Vitamins and I am seeing an improvement with the dizziness.
I am completely bored with Crystal light and am falling behind on Water intake so Im now using the MIO drops and it is much better.
My nails were growing so well and I broke 3 today, so I'm back to the beginning. I found Gummy women's vitamins tht have biotene so here's hoping my hair, skin and naips see an improvement.