Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I regret this surgery

I am on week 3 post op and I feel like I made the biggest mistake in my life. I'm reading how my favorite foods is a no go and I'll never eat it in my life again. Here I am struggling to meet my goal of Protein and Water. I can't enjoy life with my friends. I'm over this sleeve people who wants to get it I tell them don't. I'm trying to find the beauty in all this but right now I feel like I ruined my life.
Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

I felt the same way at 3 weeks out. I promise it gets better once you are able to get more food in and get your energy back. It tools me several months. Once your feeling better you'll realize it was the best decision ever. I'm 8 mths out and feeling wonderful. Don't give up

I regretted it at first too Tiff. I never got really sick to the point of vomitting but I was truly over the dumping, reflux, and nausea. I still cry sometimes because I cant fully enjoy a meal. The 3 bites and done is ridiculous. The only good part is I dont have to take any more medications, no needles, and Im down 94 lbs from my heaviest weight (40 lbs from surgery weight). I also know how it is with your girlfriends. I havent been out with mine since the surgery. We always met and had girls nights over food and drinks and I cant enjoy either right now. Im praying that it gets easier for you.

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Tiff, nothing in life comes easy sweetie. Your favorite foods are the same exact foods that contributed to your weight gain. It's not that you will never ever be able to have them again, you just can't right now. In the future you can eat anything in moderation but it is wise to stay away from the bad foods. Your surgery is so recent so please give it time to work for you. I am 10+ months out it some days it's still hard for me to consume the needed amount of Protein and Water. Keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my SM-G928V using BariatricPal mobile app

This helped me a lot my first month. It is really sweet so I would pour 1 bottle of the Protein Water and 1 bottle of lemon water in a pitcher and drink as much as I could. I still dont meet all of my goals being 2 1/2 months out but just do the best you can.

images.jpg

I know how you feel ... I felt the same way in the beginning ... But please stop reading so much about what could change in your life because everyone is different and everyone's body reacts differently to this surgery. Just focus on the goal that you set for yourself when you signed up for this procedure. Right now you are on a restricted diet so it's the toughest phase but believe me, when you start eating "real" food again and continue to see your weight coming off, you will feel better. Stay focused and positive about your new life. It's going to get so much better. I will be praying for you [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] May God continue to bless you [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

From reading just your initial post and no other comments or responses it seems like you weren't quite ready for the commitment of the sleeve. There's nothing wrong with that in a right vs wrong kind of way. However, the toll of that is you and your mentality are a victim of what you think was the biggest mistake of your life. Spoken like a true addict that can't get their fix. I'm not saying this is a derogatory way at all, please don't take it that way, I'm a food addict too! But I think you're going to find the most help by seeing a therapist regularly. If you think something is wrong with your particular sleeve then have that addressed, but you can't live in misery and not try to help yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

It will get better! It's not easy and sometimes all I want is to be able to eat what I want or eat as much as I want. Just sit and snack or whatever. I have struggled too but when you start really feeling better you will slowly begin to be happy about it or at least that is what happened to me. Once you really start dropping pounds and gaining energy it will all be worth it in the end. You are right this is hard, so hard and anyone who thinks it's a quick fix is just wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there, it really does get better! I am 4 months post op and have lost 92.7 lbs. Some days are easier than others, but believe me it is so worth it! Once you are through all the stages and are eating real food, it does get better. Just keep telling yourself that loosing the weight is better than anything you could eat. I am already moving around so much better and feeling amazing! Though I am only half way to my goal, I already feel like I have my life back. This surgery is the BEST thing I have ever done! 2 months after my surgery, my husband was scheduled to have a back fusion, and during the pre op physical our doc noticed a slight change in his EKG, and sent him for a stress test. The stress test caused a heart attack, and they ended up discovering he had 5 blockages around his heart. One was 80% blocked, one was 90%, and three of them were 100% blocked. He ended up having open heart quadruple bypass, and then a few short weeks later, he had to have 3 stents put in the bypasses. The surgeon said if they hadn't caught this before his back surgery, he would NOT have survived it. My husband is a firefighter and is very active. He had no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, or any family history at all. He has to get a physical every year for work, and they never found anything. My point in telling you all of this is to remind you just how important your health is, and that the things you eat every day really do have an affect on your life. Yes, we all did this to lose weight, but even more importantly we need to be healthier. We only get one shot at this life, and once it's over, there are no second chances. I nearly lost my husband, so if we need to restrict our diet to keep him healthy and alive.....honey I would do ANYTHING! I know it's not always easy to think positively about your surgery and how it has changed your life, but what it will do for you is much more than weight, it will save your life
Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

To Queen Tiff. Sorry you are so sad. I am pre op Class 9. What makes you believe this was a bad choice? Is it only the food? What was your SW?.

Sent from my LG-K550 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am on week 3 post op and I feel like I made the biggest mistake in my life. I'm reading how my favorite foods is a no go and I'll never eat it in my life again. Here I am struggling to meet my goal of Protein and Water. I can't enjoy life with my friends. I'm over this sleeve people who wants to get it I tell them don't. I'm trying to find the beauty in all this but right now I feel like I ruined my life.
Tiffani

Hi dear, the first 6 weeks or so are very difficult, we've all been there, just hang in there it will get better I promise. Isn't a few weeks of suffering worth improving the rest of your life? Regarding having your favourite food again, eventually you will be able to, but instead of eating large quatities of it, you will be perfectly happy with a small bowl. It's worth it to be able to enjoy your food again (even though it's in smaller quantities) than the constant guilt you feel now everytime you eat something you know you shouldn't. The health benefits alone from the weight loss are so worth the early suffering. Within 1 month I no longer had sleep apnea, didn't have to wake up multiple times at night to go to the bathroom, no longer needed heatburn medication and was able to walk without pain. It's so worth it, but like any operation , it takes time for your body to recover.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using BariatricPal mobile app

When I was going through my pre-op classes, one of the things they discussed over and over, was the regret you may feel after having the surgery. I went through this for over a month! I'm 14 months out and I know that this was the best decision of my life now! I couldn't have said it better than Torri, you can pretty much eat whatever you want, but now I'm very diligent about limiting those cheat days as she mentioned. You've been given another chance, take advantage of it, you'll be fine, you got this girl!

Sent from my LG-H740 using BariatricPal mobile app

Are u serious?? I'm dying to have this surgery and u got it and talk like this? Woah

I am being bypassed and I know it isn't peaches and cream but I'd give it all up to be healthier and able to walk without needing a break every 6 steps!