Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I regret this surgery

10 hours ago, Abeille213 said:

Save the bullying for someone else. Nobody needs you to attempt to prove your manhood here by picking on someone who is vulnerable and looking for support.

On June 12, 2017 I had my gallbladder removed, my lapband removed and revised to an RNY.

HW: 402, SW 306, CW 257, GW 185

:lol::D:lol::DThis thread is still a thing?? And now its been joined by Abeille, the most insufferable commenter yet. Thank you for your comments, I just spent 4 minutes giggling at all your responses. Between the tweener sarcasm and the grammar nazi, you bring it all. Your professional counterparts of which you speak must be in awe of your superpowers.

While its honorable of you to play protector to the OP, if you pull your head out of your @$$ for 10 seconds you will realize that any reasonable person can see that i did not personally attack, bully or belittle the OP. I simply used straight talk with no fluff that the OP claims to prefer. If you feel like your life is ruined only 3 weeks post op, then you need to review your materials and your plan to remind yourself why you did it in the first place.

This thread has turned into the message board equivalent of a YouTube video from Walmart, where the OP is arguing with several posters telling them "Im gonna get up in yo azz so you sit the f*** down" and somehow that behavior is encouraged here, whereas straight, REAL talk about the issue is perceived as bullying. Two weeks of lashing out and raging one moment and then telling us all how she wants it honest and real and raw. Total contradictions.

The thing about online communication is people tend to focus on certain words that they perceive as negative or personally focused and then the whole comment is taken in the wrong context.

One thing I have learned from my short time on this website is that people here are generally in one of two camps. Some want straight up, real talk and support. Others dont. Its because of the latter that i quit commenting here, until your silly callouts.

Continue on, feel free to critique my grammar and psychoanalyze my comments. Its all just words on a screen.

Edited by jaminator

1 minute ago, jaminator said:

:lol::D:lol::DThis thread is still a thing?? And now its been joined by Abeille, the most insufferable commenter yet. Thank you for your comments, I just spent 4 minutes giggling at all your responses. Between the tweener sarcasm and the grammar nazi, you bring it all. Your professional counterparts of which you speak must be in awe of your superpowers.

While its honorable of you to play protector to the OP, if you pull your head out of your @$$ for 10 seconds you will realize that any reasonable person can see that i did not personally attack, bully or belittle the OP. I simply used straight talk with no fluff that the OP claims to prefer. If you feel like your life is ruined only 3 weeks post op, then you need to review your materials and your plan to remind yourself why you did it in the first place.

This thread has turned into the message board equivalent of a YouTube video from Walmart, where the OP is arguing with several posters telling them "Im gonna get up in yo azz so you sit the f*** down" and somehow that behavior is encouraged here, whereas straight, REAL talk about the issue is perceived as bullying. Two weeks of lashing out and raging one moment and then telling us all how she wants it honest and real and raw. Total contradictions.

The thing about online communication is people tend to focus on certain words that they perceive as negative or personally focused and then the whole comment is taken in the wrong context.

One thing I have learned from my short time on this website is that people here are generally in one of two camps. Some want straight up, real talk and support. Others dont. Its because of the latter that i quit commenting here, until your silly callouts.

Continue on, feel free to critique my grammar and psychoanalyze my comments. Its all just words on a screen.

you are spot on!!!!!

7 minutes ago, jaminator said:

I really cannot be bothered the read the entirety of this attempt to garner my attention. You are boring.

Just now, Abeille213 said:

I really cannot be bothered the read the entirety of this attempt to garner my attention. You are boring.

its ok. We can tell by your prior comments that you have the attention span of a 12 year old.

I am with you on this! Gonna miss my ol' buddy Taco Bell.

Skinny is coming.

When I was on the preop diet, I wanted taco bell so bad.
Right now has been hard as college football has started up again and I miss pizza and wings.
Oh well, those things are what got me to be 425 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, jaminator said:

its ok. We can tell by your prior comments that you have the attention span of a 12 year old.

LOL I've already told you I'm not interested yet you continue to bother me. That must be how you think you're supposed to behave in order to get a woman to talk to you. Again, I'm not the least bit interested in conversing with you. Take no for an answer.

Just now, Abeille213 said:

LOL I've already told you I'm not interested yet you continue to bother me. That must be how you think you're supposed to behave in order to get a woman to talk to you. Again, I'm not the least bit interested in conversing with you. Take no for an answer.

Then why did you quote and reply to me in the first place?

PS. it was only the first paragraph that was really about you. That must be a blow to your ego.

10 hours ago, Abeille213 said:

Wow. You're still unable to understand such a basic concept. Let's try this one more time. I did not say I prefer to only interact with colleagues. I said, when discussing the subject of psychology, I prefer to only interact with colleagues. So, no, there is no contradiction here. Is that really so difficult for you to grasp? 😂😂

As for the quality of my academic programs, one of them was at a top rated university and the other was any Ivy League university. But feel free to contunuing arguing the quality of my education. Lol

As for looking down on anyone, I simply called you out for attempting to insert yourself into and comment regarding a profession you clearly know nothing about. Now here you are stalking me ad nauseum with your inane banter. It's pathetic. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of that on call psychotherapist you claim to have, as you seem to be very much in the midst of a manic breakdown. Now, be gone... stop begging me for the attention and recognition you so desperately crave--even from strangers on the internet.

No, you didn't say ONLY but you ACT like it and actions speak louder than words. Your actions make no sense unless one assumes that you want to piss and moan at people and bully them for not having an education in psychology, never actually addressing the arguments made. It's difficult to grasp because your actions contradict your words. Do you not understand that here on a forum open to the general public, there won't be experts in your field?

Okay, so maybe your program isn't to blame - it's a personal failing attributable to you and you alone. I apologize for besmirching your programme. At my university and even in my college, there were people like you who lacked humility and a willingness to understand and work with others. I think that's even a larger problem at the oldest and most prestigious universities. Though, I didn't see this at L'École polytechnique, but this is probably due to it being a grande école and you have to pass your bac with distinction to attend. So, it's unfair to blame your programme for your failings and I apologize.

4 hours ago, Killian said:

I am with you on this! Gonna miss my ol' buddy Taco Bell.

Skinny is coming.

... I know the feeling. Yesterday, when I got the good news I could progress to soft food, I've thought about getting a soft taco from Taco Bell. A single soft taco. And halve it for both my Snacks. There is nothing saying you can't have Taco Bell after surgery, you just have to be mindful about it. Like all things. There was an article in the WLS Magazine section of this site about fast food which should be an interesting read.

2 hours ago, jaminator said:

Don't feel discouraged, there are still those of us who feel that straight talk is the best course for those of us who consider that it is OUR responsibility to make this surgery work.

2 hours ago, Abeille213 said:

Funny, I've found @jaminator's comments to be insightful and interesting.

2 hours ago, Abeille213 said:

Okay, I'm going to say this as simply as I can:

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.

Anyone can participate.

16 minutes ago, Véronique said:

No, you didn't say ONLY but you ACT like it and actions speak louder than words. Your actions make no sense unless one assumes that you want to piss and moan at people and bully them for not having an education in psychology, never actually addressing the arguments made. It's difficult to grasp because your actions contradict your words. Do you not understand that here on a forum open to the general public, there won't be experts in your field?

Okay, so maybe your program isn't to blame - it's a personal failing attributable to you and you alone. I apologize for besmirching your programme. At my university and even in my college, there were people like you who lacked humility and a willingness to understand and work with others. I think that's even a larger problem at the oldest and most prestigious universities. Though, I didn't see this at L'École polytechnique, but this is probably due to it being a grande école and you have to pass your bac with distinction to attend. So, it's unfair to blame your programme for your failings and I apologize.

... I know the feeling. Yesterday, when I got the good news I could progress to soft food, I've thought about getting a soft taco from Taco Bell. A single soft taco. And halve it for both my Snacks. There is nothing saying you can't have Taco Bell after surgery, you just have to be mindful about it. Like all things. There was an article in the WLS Magazine section of this site about fast food which should be an interesting read.

Don't feel discouraged, there are still those of us who feel that straight talk is the best course for those of us who consider that it is OUR responsibility to make this surgery work.

Funny, I've found @jaminator's comments to be insightful and interesting.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.

Anyone can participate.

omg you are awesome!!!!!!

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.
Anyone can participate.

Where did I say someone can't participate? I simply said I'm not interested in conversing with the idiot vying for my attention. I'm not a big fan of men who attempt to assert their "manhood" on women who have no desire to know them... such as the person you're referring to or the other male above who has quite literally been following me on these boards for months. But if you're fond of that type of culture then good for you. I cannot say I'm surprised.

THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.
Anyone can participate.

No, I don't "act" that way. In fact, literally stating the opposite of what you're claiming is the very definition of not "acting" that way.

I think what you mean to say, is that is how you've perceived my comments. I'm not responsible for your perceptions. Your mind is mangling my very clear words that are literally in black and white and assigning entirely different meaning to them. It's actually quite fascinating to see you attempt to twist words and assign opposing meaning. It's also quite telling.

On June 12, 2017 I had my gallbladder removed, my lapband removed and revised to an RNY.

omg you are awesome!!!!!!

Linda, your passive aggressiveness is on full display. If you have something to say to me then have the courage to say it. At least then you'd be eligible for respect. But the passive aggressive "way to go" comments you're posting to those who want to argue with me are just weak. At least they possess the spine to speak up against me directly.

7 minutes ago, Abeille213 said:

Where did I say someone can't participate? I simply said I'm not interested in conversing with the idiot vying for my attention. I'm not a big fan of men who attempt to assert their "manhood" on women who have no desire to know them... such as the person you're referring to or the other male above who has quite literally been following me on these boards for months. But if you're fond of that type of culture then good for you. I cannot say I'm surprised.

Where did you say someone couldn't participate? When you started bullying people FOR participating when they didn't have a higher education in psychology. I have seen no behaviour from @jaminator that could be construed as him "attempt[ing] to assert [his] 'manhood' on women who have no desire to know them". If I did, I would likely join you in your criticism but I do not see your point. You would need to cite evidence to substantiate your claim and thus far, you haven't provided any.

Considering your usage of the word "following" in this thread thus far, I have serious doubts about the veracity of your statement.

4 minutes ago, Abeille213 said:

No, I don't "act" that way. In fact, literally stating the opposite of what you're claiming is the very definition of not "acting" that way.

I think what you mean to say, is that is how you've perceived my comments. I'm not responsible for your perceptions. Your mind is mangling my very clear words that are literally in black and white and assigning entirely different meaning to them. It's actually quite fascinating to see you attempt to twist words and assign opposing meaning. It's also quite telling.

Again, I cite your previous behaviour on this thread against you. Yes, by your bullying and antagonism against anyone who dares to espouse an opinion you don't like, it has the effect of making people feel unwelcome. While you have no authority as an administrator of the forum to make a formal decision of someone's rights of participation, your behaviour has the effect of alienating participation from this forum.

1 minute ago, Abeille213 said:

Linda, your passive aggressiveness is on full display. If you have something to say to me then have the courage to say it. At least then you'd be eligible for respect. But the passive aggressive "way to go" comments you're posting to those who want to argue with me are just weak. At least they possess the spine to speak up against me directly.

Hey, some people don't want to engage with your drama. In fact, I would say most people don't. It is frustrating, but I am able to and willing as I don't want your bullying to go unanswered. I do not tolerate bullying.