Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I regret this surgery

Glad things are going better for you! Once you are on a normal diet, you'll feel better still.

What he said to you was true. If you can't deal with the point of view from other forum members, don't post. We should be able to be open and honest about all things relevant to this lifestyle we ALL laid on the operating table to commit to. Perhaps you should seek more individual therapy or group support to fully explore why you wanted surgery in the first place and what you expected to gain and contrast the inner discovery you make with the reality of what this new life really is. #DoNewThingsForNewResults

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

Obviously you can't deal with people point of view either because what I said to him was my point of view

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

Stop-it you're feeling sorry for yourself.. You have an opportunity to be the biggest success of your life-time.. Instead you sound like a pathetic addict. Yes a food addiction addict.. Wise up or people will blv you're a failure seeking attention which may be why you elected to have the surgery in the first place.. A psychology evaluation seems to be in order.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't ever in your life call me pathetic! I may have low days and want to share with the group because it's normal but don't call me pathetic. My bounce back is strong just like my attitude chill and sit the f**k down somewhere

Stop-it you're feeling sorry for yourself.. You have an opportunity to be the biggest success of your life-time.. Instead you sound like a pathetic addict. Yes a food addiction addict.. Wise up or people will blv you're a failure seeking attention which may be why you elected to have the surgery in the first place.. A psychology evaluation seems to be in order.

@ Tiffany
Got up your @$$.. ??? Not even really sure what that is. Change your sour attitude and stop making everything that happens to you in your negitive existence somebody else's fault. You elected to make your life better apparently .. Good for you. It's a giant step to a positive future. Now buck-up and live the dream.. The surgery is the BEST elected decision I've made in my life-time.

Obviously you can't deal with people point of view either because what I said to him was my point of view

The whole back and forth accusatory banter is a counter productive deflection to thwart discussion about the "Real" issue at hand, which is your original post about regretting the surgery. Check into resuming your therapy to figure this new way of living out and don't post in the forum areas until you are emotionally ready to review what others are saying and various perspectives, without all of the sour comeback statements and argumentative posting tone in your replies. #GoodLuckAdapting

@ Tiffany
Got up your @$$.. ??? Not even really sure what that is. Change your sour attitude and stop making everything that happens to you in your negitive existence somebody else's fault. You elected to make your life better apparently .. Good for you. It's a giant step to a positive future. Now buck-up and live the dream.. The surgery is the BEST elected decision I've made in my life-time.

You chose to be negative and you chose to address this post telling me I'm pathetic. I will happily take all the advice and encouragement that you have but the harsh words of yours I won't allow. At the end of the day the only person who can really help me through my emotional boundaries is god and people who truly care for me. Have you started your comment with not calling me pathetic we wouldn't be here but since you did now we are here. Negative things that happen to me I never blamed anyone but myself. I am so happy the surgery was the best thing that happen to you and I pray I can get to where you are. See that's what this app is all about.

The whole back and forth accusatory banter is a counter productive deflection to thwart discussion about the "Real" issue at hand, which is your original post about regretting the surgery. Check into resuming your therapy to figure this new way of living out and don't post in the forum areas until you are emotionally ready to review what others are saying and various perspectives, without all of the sour comeback statements and argumentative posting tone in your replies. #GoodLuckAdapting

Most of my responses are very grateful and fortunate that people share their experience with me and people encourage me to still push forward. I am always ready to view people opinions of things but I'm also allowed to say how I feel, what I feel in response. It's America, it's only sour if that individual takes it sour. Thank you for your concern and thank you for sharing how you once had regret in your journey as well. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Keep your head up Sis!

This is a journey that's affects all of us differently. We have the surgery in common but where it leads us to in our lives and how we feel about it is as individual as you get.

Have you ever hear the saying "Eat the meat and spit out the bones."? That what you have to do with the negative comments. Take whats good and leave whats not.

I respect and applaud you for sharing your ups and downs and being raw. Its doesn't always invite the kindest of people, but you put yourself out there anyway. You continue on knowing that you are helping the person who feels just like you do but is afraid to say anything for fear of being judged and called names just like you were.

I will be one full month sleeved on the 14th and let me tell you, things have taken a turn for the positive. Im eating and drinking much better and I no longer dread my decision but am beginning to be aT peace with the new me. And yes, I do like watching the numbers going down on the scale. But I certainly didn't feel that way 3 weeks ago. Now, I find myself motivated to try eating in a different way.

I said all that to say, be encouraged. And I hope that things are looking up for you a bit. :)

I felt exactly the same way! Like omg what have I done! This is ridiculous, I should have just dieted!! However, I say that because I knew I could cheat on a diet, this prevents you from doing that! Now I am glad I did it, I am 3 1/2 months out, down 71 pounds and feel great! sleeping better and just started to exercise. I do take a bit here and there of sweets or something I am craving, but honestly, I don't even like the taste, its more of changing my state of mind. I know I have lost a bunch and have gone from a 24 to a size 14-16, but I still feel bigger, I don't even have an urge to clothes shop, I just wear my stuff really big stuff and I think that feeling will change too. Its a roller coaster, but I think in the end and for your health you will see it was for the best

Keep your head up Sis!
This is a journey that's affects all of us differently. We have the surgery in common but where it leads us to in our lives and how we feel about it is as individual as you get.
Have you ever hear the saying "Eat the meat and spit out the bones."? That what you have to do with the negative comments. Take whats good and leave whats not.
I respect and applaud you for sharing your ups and downs and being raw. Its doesn't always invite the kindest of people, but you put yourself out there anyway. You continue on knowing that you are helping the person who feels just like you do but is afraid to say anything for fear of being judged and called names just like you were.
I will be one full month sleeved on the 14th and let me tell you, things have taken a turn for the positive. Im eating and drinking much better and I no longer dread my decision but am beginning to be aT peace with the new me. And yes, I do like watching the numbers going down on the scale. But I certainly didn't feel that way 3 weeks ago. Now, I find myself motivated to try eating in a different way.
I said all that to say, be encouraged. And I hope that things are looking up for you a bit. [emoji4]

Thank you I needed to hear that!

Hi tiff, I am from the UK and I have postponed my surgery 3 times already because of the fear of regretting the surgery . I appreciate honest and realistic posts like yours. My surgery is on the 26th of September but at the moment I am in 2 minds about getting it done.

Hi tiff, I am from the UK and I have postponed my surgery 3 times already because of the fear of regretting the surgery . I appreciate honest and realistic posts like yours. My surgery is on the 26th of September but at the moment I am in 2 minds about getting it done.

I try to be as honest and raw as I can. I am doing better than when I originally posted this but it's still a struggle. I would encourage you to get it and get through it. I wish I could hold your hand but I promise to be here for support

Honestly, I don't see the regret in myself yet. Maybe it's because I know rationally that I've exhausted so many other avenues that this became reasonable. If this doesn't work, then I am at a loss to understand what would and I would need to have a conversation with my surgeon and GP to figure out next steps.

16 minutes ago, QueenTiff said:

I try to be as honest and raw as I can. I am doing better than when I originally posted this but it's still a struggle. I would encourage you to get it and get through it. I wish I could hold your hand but I promise to be here for support

Tiffaniemoji1528.pngemoji757.pngemoji175.png

I am pre-op, and very excited/pumped to get this done and start my new life, all fit and slim and stuff like that. Seeing your post opened my eyes to really prepping for and fully realizing the roller coaster it might be. I should be getting my sleeve surgery late Oct or early November, so by then you'll probably be all good, and ready to help people like me that are newly post-op. Hang in there!!

Also, I'm just here to say, damn, you generated a 20 page thread!!

Are u serious?? I'm dying to have this surgery and u got it and talk like this? Woah

If you haven't had the surgery then you have absolutely no clue what it's like or how difficult it is or how hormones are raging post surgery. How dare you chastise her extremely legitimate feelings. In fact, the majority of patients have "buyers remorse" shortly after surgery when things are chaotic. Perhaps your horrible and cruel attitude toward others people has something to do with the fact that you haven't been blessed with this surgery. Maybe you simply don't deserve the opportunity.

On June 12, 2017 I had my gallbladder removed, my lapband removed and revised to an RNY.

HW: 402, SW 306, CW 264, GW 185