Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I regret this surgery

Im not going to pretend to speak for everyone but it got easier for me. I had a lapband and now ive been revised to the sleeve but the diets are pretty much the same. I felt hopelessly depressed at first. I reminded myself why I did this to begin with. Its an addiction. Remember to treat yourself kindly as you work through it. Its just as much,if not more, mental than physical. Your thought process changes with your body over time. Good luck. I hope youve started to feel a bit better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

The first few weeks are the hardest.. Yes I don't like my old favourites but that was the point.. I love eating healthy good now... So u will have new favourites. Don't stress just take it a day at a time. Btw for me the second month was the worst... I felt sick everyday and found it hard to keep food down.. If u want to know what I did for that I will tell u in private (If that's an option on here if not u can have my Facebook) don't beat urself up.. It is dificult but remember the old way u ate drove u to get this surgery so the changes, as hard as they are, are good changes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Stop-it you're feeling sorry for yourself.. You have an opportunity to be the biggest success of your life-time.. Instead you sound like a pathetic addict. Yes a food addiction addict.. Wise up or people will blv you're a failure seeking attention which may be why you elected to have the surgery in the first place.. A psychology evaluation seems to be in order.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Now that I got in your ass you want to offer me some good advice before you was being a jerk. You sit here and act like these emotions are uncommon and that I'm some type of alien or some ****. I can goo all day with the back and forth I really can I really can. Thank you for saying at 3 weeks this is common but just continue to do what your doing thank you. That's what you're trying to say but you don't know how to explain yourself I get it. Thank you

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

I wont baby you. All i did was tell you what you already know and what your doctor SHOULDVE explained to you before the surgery. You are three weeks out, on here commenting that your life is over and everything is ruined....after THREE WEEKS.

What you should be doing is focusing on your program:
Drink water
Eat popsicles or Jello
Get lots of rest
find something to engage your mind - and keep you from dwelling on these depressive thoughts you described here
start working on Protein intake to meet that goal

You can worry about your friends and your old life and doing all the things from a social aspect later.

This isnt a Jerky comment....this is providing you an ANSWER to help your original question, but you dont want to hear it so you take offense.

Why the smart a$$ attitude?

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am on week 3 post op and I feel like I made the biggest mistake in my life. I'm reading how my favorite foods is a no go and I'll never eat it in my life again. Here I am struggling to meet my goal of Protein and Water. I can't enjoy life with my friends. I'm over this sleeve people who wants to get it I tell them don't. I'm trying to find the beauty in all this but right now I feel like I ruined my life.

It feels that way now but trust me it gets so much better!!! I'm 3 1/2 years out. It's very different for everyone. Everyone has a different attachment to food. For me food wasn't really an issue so that part wasn't hard for me. But I will tell you what the doctors, the nutritionist, and the nurses have told me (this IS NOT every practice). "You are 3 years out and are maintaining beautifully if you want a damn piece or bite of something then have that damn bite!" I just work it into my lifestyle. If I know I have an event and the food won't be the best choices, I work it into my daily calories. I will do an extra day at the gym so I know I don't mess up. Now is this an everyday or every week thing? Hell no. But being told you can never have something again is a cause for failure for some. With that being said I don't thing you should be doing anything at 3 weeks post opt. I waited till about a 1 1/2 - 2 years before I did anything like that. You are in the "honeymoon phrase" right now. Do everything you can to make that last. I found doing different hobbies, working out, even just going shopping and buying things that I would be able to wear helped clear my mind during the first few months. I promise you it will get easier. No one can really prepare you for the surgery. Yes we all know what the surgery is and the doctors tell you all about it but it's a whole different ball game when you actually go through it.

I completely understand you. I had the hardest time. But a part of me even a few years out misses being able to eat like my friends/family. The other part didn't want to be big anymore. I feel I made a good decision but I love food and have to find something else to make me happy now. It saved me any alot of ways. But anyone could have complications with any surgery. I'm getting over living on a TPN bag for the last couple months from a surgery complications, even years out. I just was the unlucky one. I was really feeling like I regret doing this to me. But I have to stay focused on the real deep reason why I got the surgery in the first place. You will have some break downs with sadness threw out this process. The weight is coming off and everything else will drop too. I agree to go day by day and stay focused. And if you have to cry and punch a pillow..that's ok too. :)

Sent from my Z987 using BariatricPal mobile app

You will. I assure you.
In fact after nearly a year I'm struggling to get back on track. If you don't the weight creeps back.
I felt the same way. It got worse because I developed an ulcer and could hardly eat anything. I can eat almost anything now but have trouble if I eat to much bread or meat.< br>Be patient.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using BariatricPal mobile app

Dude nobody knows before hand the physiological things of something this intense until it happens. Yes I knew I wasn't going to stuff my face with a full cheeseburger and that's one reason I wanted this from the beginning because I was tired of eating this big ass burger. The journey that leads to where you are sir! If everyone can mentally pull of thoughts we would all be skinny huh? Just like you would be skinny and wouldn't have this surgery in the first place. I agree I need to take it day by day thank you and no thank you to your opinion

What he said to you was true. If you can't deal with the point of view from other forum members, don't post. We should be able to be open and honest about all things relevant to this lifestyle we ALL laid on the operating table to commit to. Perhaps you should seek more individual therapy or group support to fully explore why you wanted surgery in the first place and what you expected to gain and contrast the inner discovery you make with the reality of what this new life really is. #DoNewThingsForNewResults

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

Honestly who ever told you you'll never be able to eat your favorite foods again lied to you. My husband and I are 10 months post op and we eat normal. And still loose weight. You just can't have it as often as you'd like. We have 1 cheat day a week but we work out 3-4 days a week. You were blessed to be fortunate enuff to have the surgery. Is some that people out there who wish they could accomplish this goal. I'm praying for you, stay encouraged, be Blessed!

Sent from my Z936L using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 3 mos and can eat anything at this point. Good and bad. Now it's up to me to make good choices, choose Protein first and pass on dessert. I've taken a sip of pop and did fine, but was never a pop drinker. I've eaten a slice of cake without a problem. I want to lose weight so now I have to choose the lifestyle I want. I've been down the road of obesity and God has given me a second chance and I am taking it. I'm down 40# since surgery and haven't felt this good in my joints in years. You'll feel better a time passes and you'll probably change your mind. G good luck to you.

I am on week 3 post op and I feel like I made the biggest mistake in my life. I'm reading how my favorite foods is a no go and I'll never eat it in my life again. Here I am struggling to meet my goal of Protein and Water. I can't enjoy life with my friends. I'm over this sleeve people who wants to get it I tell them don't. I'm trying to find the beauty in all this but right now I feel like I ruined my life.

I can relate to where you are at right now because I was there right after I had my surgery to. Add to it all the complications I was having from dumping and the memory loss due to the anesthesia from surgery and Vitamin deficiency and you had someone who totally at the time regret it having their stomach altered.

And I stayed that way for damn near 7 if not 8 months. But then after I drop my first 120 lb, man you could not believe how happy I was. When I was able to get rid of my Casual Male big and tall card, and start buying clothes out of Walmart, you couldn't believe how happy I was. When I was able to run for over a mile and not feel like my lungs were going to collapse you cannot believe how happy I was. When I no longer required insulin to function normally or no longer having back pains due to the damn near 400lbs of excessive weight I was carrying on my frame, you couldn't believe how happy I was.

The point I'm making is that its gonna take time. Time is what you need to heal, seriously for most that takes a good soild year out. Time for you to see how important this surgery is going to be for you and your life going forward. Important in that its going to be the pathway to a healthier and more happier you in the long run if you allow it to be.

The only way this surgery is going to be a mistake for you, is if you allow it to be. If you want this surgery and the outcome from it to be successful then you'll allow it to be so. You jave have to condition your mind. That's the one thing that surgery can't do for you out of this process. Condition your mind to tell you that you don't need those old eating habits, or crappy food all the time to feel and be happy.

Sorry for my preachy preach there. Its just that I get what you are going though. And the simple yet complex answer to all of this is focused time.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 2 years out from my sx. The first couple of months was really hard for me. I want to tell you hang in there because it does get better! I do have a day where I eat what I want, just not a lot of it. It's all about control! Don't give up...you got this!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app