Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I regret this surgery

I am on week 3 post op and I feel like I made the biggest mistake in my life. I'm reading how my favorite foods is a no go and I'll never eat it in my life again. Here I am struggling to meet my goal of Protein and Water. I can't enjoy life with my friends. I'm over this sleeve people who wants to get it I tell them don't. I'm trying to find the beauty in all this but right now I feel like I ruined my life.

Tiffani

I can eat all the foods I liked pre-op. I don't eat them, I have found low carb alternatives or I eat them every once in a while.

By the time you are healed you can eat almost anything and by year 1 or 2 you will probably be able to eat anything.

If you don't think people can and do eat any and everything, just read the regain threads or watch youtube videos.

How you feel right now is really temporary. Enjoy it, because it is the easiest time to lose and make good habits that will help you later down the road.

@Siyaa Ela You are pre-op so you have no idea what post-op life is like or how miserable people can feel immediately post-op. Have surgery then offer your opinion.

QueenTiff,
IT DOES GET BETTER!
I'm now almost 6 months post op....while my eating habits have changed, things ARE pretty much back to normal. I'm back to eating many of the foods I've always enjoyed-THE PORTIONS ARE JUST WAY SMALLER! I even go out to dinner-and actually savor my bites now. Yes, just 3 weeks out, the struggle is real.....but the results are SO worth it! Check out my before/after picture in my previous posts-you'll be as happy as I looked in my after pic real soon. Trust me, it does get easier. Once you are completely back on whole/real foods, you'll feel better about the awesome and positive lifestyle change you've made.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

You shouldve known beforehand it would change what and how much you can eat. If only three weeks you need to stick with the program and put off these kind of thoughts. Once you are healed and back to normal foods you will enjoy life more, but you wont be able to sit there and eat a giant cheeseburger like before. THats a reality you will need to accept. Until you are three months out i would focus on hydration and Protein and take it one day at a time. A couple months of following the plan will not affect you in the long run if you are playing the long game here.

Honestly this isn't an easy surgery to go through for anyone.....some heal faster than others and some don't. Some people can get majority of their liquids in and others can't even meet half of their daily intake. It's a mental thing all around. Take longer walks through out the day to get your mind of the pain or just do extra things around the house. If your just moping around then that makes u think more about the negatives. 3 weeks out is a pretty decent time where u should be able to be out and about with friends. And reading your never going to eat your favorite foods again is bs. I know people personally who've had a successful surgery and have dropped over their goal weight and still have cheat days. It's all about you controlling yourself and saying ok I'm full I'm not going to continue eating this. When your able to eat regular foods again, meal prep for the week and then Friday or Saturday have a cheat meal and then get back on your meal prep the next day. Because if you just give up and just binge eat on all the bad foods that got u where u were before the surgery then the surgery was just pointless you know? It's all in your control! Just think of your goal weight and where u want to see yourself! Or even buy an outfit that u want to fit in by next summer and that can be another motivation for u! Don't give up because I'm rooting for you and I know you can do this...be strong for yourself and push through! [emoji1377][emoji171]

You're right. I try to do extra activities to keep my mind off of things but idk it's like stress from everything builds up. I don't care about stuffing my face with fast food but it's just like idk how to describe it. My doctor said 6 weeks until I can get back in the pool I think that's bulllshit but I have to listen to the doctor. Thank you I needed this

Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

You shouldve known beforehand it would change what and how much you can eat. If only three weeks you need to stick with the program and put off these kind of thoughts. Once you are healed and back to normal foods you will enjoy life more, but you wont be able to sit there and eat a giant cheeseburger like before. THats a reality you will need to accept. Until you are three months out i would focus on hydration and Protein and take it one day at a time. A couple months of following the plan will not affect you in the long run if you are playing the long game here.

Dude nobody knows before hand the physiological things of something this intense until it happens. Yes I knew I wasn't going to stuff my face with a full cheeseburger and that's one reason I wanted this from the beginning because I was tired of eating this big ass burger. The journey that leads to where you are sir! If everyone can mentally pull of thoughts we would all be skinny huh? Just like you would be skinny and wouldn't have this surgery in the first place. I agree I need to take it day by day thank you and no thank you to your opinion

Tiffani

Well if you didnt want an honest answer/opinion, then why pose the question in the first place? Seems like you are taking the answer put forth too personally. If you dont want honest discussion, thats fine, I will make sure not to respond to your posts.

QueenTiff,
IT DOES GET BETTER!
I'm now almost 6 months post op....while my eating habits have changed, things ARE pretty much back to normal. I'm back to eating many of the foods I've always enjoyed-THE PORTIONS ARE JUST WAY SMALLER! I even go out to dinner-and actually savor my bites now. Yes, just 3 weeks out, the struggle is real.....but the results are SO worth it! Check out my before/after picture in my previous posts-you'll be as happy as I looked in my after pic real soon. Trust me, it does get easier. Once you are completely back on whole/real foods, you'll feel better about the awesome and positive lifestyle change you've made.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

You look amazing and congratulations! I pray everyday that I feel better and do better. One of my struggles is comparing my journey to everyone else and it's getting me depressed you know. So thank you I really appreciate this. I'm honestly in supposed groups and were all in the same stage and we are all struggling right now per say. To hear from someone almost 6 months out is good. When did you take that pic?

I can eat all the foods I liked pre-op. I don't eat them, I have found low carb alternatives or I eat them every once in a while.
By the time you are healed you can eat almost anything and by year 1 or 2 you will probably be able to eat anything.
If you don't think people can and do eat any and everything, just read the regain threads or watch youtube videos.
How you feel right now is really temporary. Enjoy it, because it is the easiest time to lose and make good habits that will help you later down the road.

[mention=306128]Siyaa Ela[/mention] You are pre-op so you have no idea what post-op life is like or how miserable people can feel immediately post-op. Have surgery then offer your opinion.

Idk why I feel this way it's like idk how to control the emotions it's like idk how to describe it. I guess I'm afraid one bad move and I'll f**k myself up and back into the hospital. I never want to go back to that hospital I had the worst after surgery post op day ever and I guess I'm scared of everything and mentally I just don't know how to handle it.

Well if you didnt want an honest answer/opinion, then why pose the question in the first place? Seems like you are taking the answer put forth too personally. If you dont want honest discussion, thats fine, I will make sure not to respond to your posts.

Honesty and total jackass is an understatement. Just like honesty no one told you to respond but you did anyway. Like I get what you are saying but you didn't have to be so rude about it. Reasons like this is why people like me are struggling mentally. I'm not looking for you to baby me but if you're gonna respond at least not be a jerk about it.

I wont baby you. All i did was tell you what you already know and what your doctor SHOULDVE explained to you before the surgery. You are three weeks out, on here commenting that your life is over and everything is ruined....after THREE WEEKS.

What you should be doing is focusing on your program:
Drink water
Eat popsicles or Jello
Get lots of rest
find something to engage your mind - and keep you from dwelling on these depressive thoughts you described here
start working on Protein intake to meet that goal

You can worry about your friends and your old life and doing all the things from a social aspect later.

This isnt a Jerky comment....this is providing you an ANSWER to help your original question, but you dont want to hear it so you take offense.

I'm about 3 months out and my surgeon told me before the surgery that many people will experience "buyers remorse". Your hormones are going crazy still at 3 weeks out, so some of these negative feelings may be attributed to it. I was a hot mess (still kind of am). I recall sitting at the table and literally crying while I ate soft foods because I was miserable. My husband can eat what he pleases and it was distressing at the time to watch him.

Eventually, this will pass. It's kind of one of the many bumps in this long journey. I don't know how open you are to therapy, but I know I wouldn't have gotten passed this hurdle without my therapist. Sometimes talking without feeling judged helps. I also don't know your prior relationship with food, so I don't know how much of a comfort it was to you. I know for me, my life was food. I used it to cope with everything and after the surgery I had to find different things to use to cope (like exercise and art).

Try to keep in your mind that this is temporary.