Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have a hard time eating breakfast?

When I eat Breakfast, anything that I usually eat later on that is usually fine, causes my tummy to feel gross and hurt, and I just feel nasty.

I tend to not eat my first meal till after 1pm and it goes down fine.

I try different things but unless its the afternoon i feel horrible like my tummy is just not ready to start the day is this normal?

I have the same issue ... I try to start my day with a full 16 ozs of liquids first thing. (Water, crystal light) I find that this "calms" my stomach down and then I just have a little apple sauce with my meds or 1/2 a container of Greek yogurt I don't push it because food in the am makes me feel gross... I'm 27 days post-op

I'm 3+ months post op and don't like to eat breakfast first thing. I've never been a big breakfast person and I still feel a little icky when I wake up first thing. I start my days with a Premier Protein shake, then eat some eggs at about 10am.

I'm 6 months out and still don't eat solids until 12 noon or later. I have coffee with Protein Shake (vanilla) and it is it's like Creamer. I have 40 or more oz of Water. A shake and coffee . Once I eat solid food , water is tough to get in. Seems to be working I'm down 98 lbs since surgery in feb 2017. I am able to get my Protein and calories in from lunch on. Some times o miss breakfast food and just have it for dinner.

Me too. I was always a big breakfast eater, but not anymore. Usually don't have anything solid until 11am at the soonest. (I'm 5 months postop). I'm just not hungry, and the thought of eating... bleh..

I also drink coffee first thing with some milk.

Thanks everything. I'm greatful for this site to know what's normal I used to have big breakfast's and yes my restriction is tighter in morning too !!! I can have a whole egg usually. In morning I can only eat the yellow bit and no more. Very strange

Sent from my Swift 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 6 months out and still don't eat solids until 12 noon or later. I have coffee with Protein Shake (vanilla) and it is it's like creamer. I have 40 or more oz of Water. A shake and coffee . Once I eat solid food , water is tough to get in. Seems to be working I'm down 98 lbs since surgery in feb 2017. I am able to get my Protein and calories in from lunch on. Some times o miss breakfast food and just have it for dinner.

Wow! An inspiration. I'm ready to take on that challenge!!! I have a problem reaching water goals so this is a great idea. I have started having 32 ounce before eating solid. But I will try this. I have 80lbs left to lose to be normal BMI. What do you eat for your last remaining meals

I'm 8 months post op and I cannot eat first thing in the am. I typically wake up about 6 am and eat breakfast, which usually just consists of greek yogurt, around 8 am. I then have a mid morning snack and will eat lunch around 1 pm.

Wow! An inspiration. I'm ready to take on that challenge!!! I have a problem reaching Water goals so this is a great idea. I have started having 32 ounce before eating solid. But I will try this. I have 80lbs left to lose to be normal BMI. What do you eat for your last remaining meals

My husband says I eat like a mouse. lunch at work usually consists of couple ounces of cheese. Four crackers. Some type of veggie stick with some hummus. And a small piece of fruit or some grapes. Late afternoon when I start feeling hungry again I'll be sure to drink more water. Then usually 1 ounce of some type of nuts. That holds me till dinner time seven-ish or later. Some type of lean meat 3 to 4 ounces and whatever veg I cook for the family. I skip out on the starch. I won't lie now and again I have a spoonful of rice or a spoonful of mashed potato after I've had my meat and veg just to give me a little satisfaction. By that time not much more will fit anyway so I'm very limited to those couple of bites. I've been pretty consistent about tracking my food. Not perfect. I use Baritastic app. I've learned about my body that I need to be in the 75 to 85 g of Protein range under 50 g of carbohydrates and 40 g of fat to continue to lose. And 1100 to 1200 cal per day. If I fall below those levels I stall. Loss has slowed a little bit to 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per week which is still pretty good. The minute I have something sweet and sugary I just want more and more seems to fit. I try to avoid it altogether. But now and again I have a little nibbles again just to satisfy that craving. I still have about 50 pounds to go to get to a normal BMI. Trust me I was the biggest binge over eater ever. It's nothing short of Americal this fantastic tool I've been given. I'm going to use it to the fullest advantage. Good luck to everyone. Everyone's journey is different and everybody's body is different the key for me has been paying extra close attention to my bodily responses to my food intake. Something I completely avoided and never paid attention to most of my life.

I'm 5.5m out and still hate eating breakfast. I drink iced coffee w/half a Premier Protein shake most days, or sometimes a blended Protein Shake if I'm in the mood for a different taste. I don't generally eat anything solid until at least 11am or later.

My new tummy does not like the morning. Even my morning coffee does not feel totally right. Protein Shake several hours into the morning goes down ok. I have to save my meds for lunch.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:15 PM, Berry78 said:

Me too. I was always a big breakfast eater, but not anymore. Usually don't have anything solid until 11am at the soonest. (I'm 5 months postop). I'm just not hungry, and the thought of eating... bleh..

I also drink coffee first thing with some milk.

This is how I am. I drink my Protein coffee shake and then hot coffee. lunch is at 11:30 for me.

I am 4 weeks out and I can't even do Water in the morning, I get so nauseated. I feel stuck too because I need more liquid. I can feel the lack of water. Maybe I'll go get some fresh mint and make tea with it. Once I'm up and around I can stomach a bariatric hot chocolate made with milk but it takes me about an hour, sometimes longer, to finish the 8 ounces.

5'7 Sleeved 8/7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 235 At 2 week post op GW: 150