Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are people losing 10lbs/month?!

I'm not losing weight...I had surgery July 14th,,,I've lost 21 lbs since surgery 1 month and 2 weeks ago but I haven't lost weight and people say after surgery you lose 10lbs a month....when is this supposed to happen?? I'm stressing out. I'm super restricted. Idk what to do at this point...I see everyone talking about losing 7-10 lbs a month and I'm almost at the two month mark and no weight loss in like 3 weeks...

I was a slow loser who took 18 months to lose 100 lbs and reach goal. With the exception of the first 2 months, all of my monthly losses were single digit (1 to 7 lbs per month).

I'd lost 27.5 lbs at 2 months out, so your progress is similar to the rate at which I lost.

Everyone's body is different. My weight loss has been sporadic. I had months where I lost 3-4 lbs and then I would lose like 10+ lbs. i just ended a stall that was 3 weeks long today and lost 2 lbs! Just stick to your diet plan and Water goals. The weight loss will come! You may want to measure yourself if you don't already do it. During my stall I lost almost 2 inches around the fattest part of my stomach. So it is possible you are losing inches even though the scale doesn't show it with the numbers.

Be patient, which may be easier said than done! Make sure you're following your surgeon's plan and you'll see results. And try not to compare your rate of loss to anyone else's. Many things influence weight loss; VSG patients may lose slower than RNY patients and lite weights often lose slower too.

@Introversion that is such a relief to hear...what is your usual diet like/what do you usually eat in a day?

I feel like i'm not getting enough calories in and that may be affecting me...

@jmar23 Thanks for the comment. I don't know how to measure myself and can tell I've already lost a lot in inches everywhere..wish I measured myself prior and currently...

I'm just nervous that the weight won't come off and i'm doing something wrong. I can barely even eat so I feel like I don't get in enough Protein calories or Water. I'm trying really hard but we'll see what happens.

19 minutes ago, sleevedshereen said:

@Introversion that is such a relief to hear...what is your usual diet like/what do you usually eat in a day?

I feel like i'm not getting enough calories in and that may be affecting me...

Keep in mind I'm 2.5 years out and physically active in the context of running 20+ miles a week, weightlifting 3 times a week, and supplementing with other cardio (e.g. stationary bicycling, elliptical machine, stair mill machine). So, I work out 6 days a week.

I consume 2000 to 2300 calories per day and have maintained my body weight in 118 to 122-pound range for the past year eating that way.

However, I was eating less than 1000 calories a day until 4 months out.

@Introversion yeah I'm barely able to get much in. This is a lot tougher than I thought. We'll see

I'm three month out and lost 35 lbs. That is averaging just over 11 lbs per month.

I go one to two weeks with little to no weight loss and then have a couple of big drops. I am noticing a pattern around my menstrual cycle too.

I thought these first few months would have bigger numbers and then would get smaller after the 6 month mark. And sticking with the plan gets hard with so many days with no results on scale.< br>
I am 14 lbs away from the 100 on mark including my pre op weight loss. And if I stay on this path then I'll be around -120 when I hit my 6 month surgiversary.

I keep with the plan and track using baritastic app. My goal is 80g Protein and 800 to 1000 calories. I'm working with a trainer twice a week and added zumba once per week. I'll work on adding another day of cardio in as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

10 months out 93lbs down. So technically 9.3 lbs per month on average, but the truth is, I lost the majority up front and then for the last few months about 4lbs a month.

I'm running and doing strength training 6 days a week. I'd rather be strong than skinny anyway.

Good Luck.

@sleevedshereen get yourself a fabric tape measure and use that. I have been measuring around the widest point of my stomach and have noticed the difference. As for the scale part just be consistent with your eating. Hit your Protein goals and Water goals. Stay away from the carbs as much as possible and the stall will eventually break. I know how discouraging stalls are especially the longer ones, but being consistent in my diet has broke them all eventually!

@travelergirl @MowryRocks you guys are doing amazing!!! what does your meal plan look like a day usually?

@jmar23 I also need to put in more time to cardio and exercise...i'm not really being active right now...my days are like 13 hour days by the time I get home from work and then I have school work so I'm just always drained and exhausted...I need to spend more time on exercise and increasing Protein and Water intake.

I just did the math and I'm losing an average of 11 lbs a month. It's just not linear. I'll stall for two weeks and then drop. Just keep doing what you're supposed to and you'll see results.

@joann454, what is your diet like a day? and your exercise routine?

i'm just not losing anything since like 2 weeks post surgery and so it's been minimum 3 weeks with no weight loss.

It just really sucks...