Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you weigh yourself for the first time Post-Op?

7 days post op. Glad I waited that long since it let the swelling go down some, and I could see a difference on the scale.

My surgery was 8/9, First weight was at my 2 week post op. My Dr recommended to check my weight weekly.

In the hospital, in the hotel gym, at home.... At the hospital I was up 7 lbs, and home it's been up and down. Tough to deal with sometimes, but it always has been!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

My sugreries was Jan 26th 2016 and when I weighed for the 1st time on Feb 3rd I was down 13 pounds.

I weighed myself at 4 days post op. I was super curious, since everyone says that you gain weight from the IVs during and after surgery. I was up 4 pounds, but didn't get discouraged. I was happy that I wasn't up 8-10 pounds. I lost it all within anther 2 days. I would say that if you are okay with being at a gain right now, go ahead and weigh yourself. If it is going to bother you, I would wait until your 2 week appointment. Either way, you will most probably lose weight by your 2 week appointment. I was down 12 pounds by then.

When I started to wake up...6 days after surgery! Lol

Sent from my SM-S820L using BariatricPal mobile app

As soon as I got in the door after being released from the hospital hahah. I've been bad and weighed almost every day. It's served as a reminder to stay on track and when I stall so I know to up water/protein. I'm in a bad stall now so I'm reshaping my day-to-day to see if it helps.

I had surgery 12/30 and weighed myself 1/3

Surgery aug 23 and I weighed myself a few days after. Down 6 lbs but I'm also retaining a ton of Water. Belly is swollen with Fluid, gas and poop!

I weighed the day I got home. I had this daily graph I had to fill out. It required me to weigh daily. I didn't have any weight gain or swelling from surgery so I did a steady pound a day for the first two weeks and then I hit the popular stall that is very common around week 2/3 after surgery. I stayed that weight for almost three weeks and it started going down again. But I did lose inches during those three weeks. It doesn't bother me to weigh and see the fluctuation and stalls. There is a 2 - 3 lb body fluctuation that one can gain over night just from Water and stuff. Our nutritionist gained 2lbs in 5 minutes just by drinking 5 glasses of water. It was his way of showing us not to let those little gains bother us. As long and you know your are following your plan correctly and as long as the clothes are getting loser and your feeling better that is what matters. I haven't felt this good in years. I'm ecstatic. And I still have 100lbs to go. LOL I can't even imagine.