Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So hey all...Ive been trying to follow my nutritionist guidelines of at least 70-80 grams of Protein, and no more than 50 grams of carbs.....but....Ive been going over the carbs. Its because of my favorite veggie....beets. Any thoughts? I don't want to give them up, it's just a veggie...they are not even sugared or pickled

Google tells me that one cup of beets is net 9 or 10 carbs, so . . . seems like you could have some while staying within the 50-gram carb limit. Do you have any other sources of carbs than veggies and Protein Shakes?

I also found a site that offers this simple guideline: veggies that grow above ground (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, green Beans, cucumbers) tend to be lower in carbs than those that grow below ground (beets, onions, parsnips, potatoes, carrots).

Yes I have Protein Shakes, cottage cheese and yogurt. I'm at about 80 grams of carbs right now. Its only been 2 weeks of pre op but still

Beets don't need to be sugared or pickled to be higher in carbs. They are naturally higher in sugar. Remember all sugar is the same not matter if it comes from fruit or a can of Coke. Your body doesn't know the difference.

Try keeping your beets but decreasing other carbs. Good luck!

Beets are such a healthy food I would keep them and ditch or cut back on the yogurt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products