Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this what regret feels like or is just a phase?

Hello everybody! I was sleeved August 16th. I haven't been in pain or anything, I am not hungry but I want to chew!!!! I still have one more week until full liquids (pudding, yogurt cream of chicken etc). I think I am kind of regretting the surgery, it's going to be about 7 weeks before I can start regular foods so I'm not sure if I regret the surgery or I feel like this because I've been on a liquid diet for almost a month now and I miss chewing food? Has this happen to anybody here? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

Please no negative comments

Thank you very much!

Hi, I was sleeved on 8th August and totally understand what you are going through. I so wanted to chew anything and shamefully I did, but didn't swallow!! Protein Drinks after a time get so boring but it will pass. I have been on puréed foods for a week and have been told I can start soft foods next week. Keep it in your getting there, and in 3 months it will be so worth it

Hi, I was sleeved on 8th August and totally understand what you are going through. I so wanted to chew anything and shamefully I did, but didn't swallow!! Protein Drinks after a time get so boring but it will pass. I have been on puréed foods for a week and have been told I can start soft foods next week. Keep it in your getting there, and in 3 months it will be so worth it

Thank you! Yes Protein Shakes are starting to annoy me LOL! Ok I'll hang in there. Thank you and good luck in your journey!

It's normal. I regretted it for the first month but Monday marks two months and I'm no longer feeling like way. It gets better.

Youll be fine, I had some regrets the first few days, but it passes. Look at your ultimate goal/goals. Youll eat everything you ate before, just much less of it like a normal human being. Look at my picture, does it look like I regret it?

68dda38d-b497-485f-bd96-e6c082603fa4.jpg

3 hours ago, Jeaniered said:

Hi, I was sleeved on 8th August and totally understand what you are going through. I so wanted to chew anything and shamefully I did, but didn't swallow!! Protein drinks after a time get so boring but it will pass. I have been on puréed foods for a week and have been told I can start soft foods next week. Keep it in your getting there, and in 3 months it will be so worth it

OMG the first 21 days were the worst being on full liquids..Then another 7 days on soft puree...Ugg...It seems like forever ago but it was so worth it and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.

Youll be fine, I had some regrets the first few days, but it passes. Look at your ultimate goal/goals. Youll eat everything you ate before, just much less of it like a normal human being. Look at my picture, does it look like I regret it?

68dda38d-b497-485f-bd96-e6c082603fa4.thumb.jpg.c52db7751a1812b543aa69f75e2796ed.jpg

Hahaha you look great! You guys are giving me so much hope and te strength to continue in this journey! Thank you!

OMG the first 21 days were the worst being on full liquids..Then another 7 days on soft puree...Ugg...It seems like forever ago but it was so worth it and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.

Thank you so much! There is a light at the end of the tunnel I just have to keep going through the tunnel!

5 minutes ago, lessoflilo said:

Hahaha you look great! You guys are giving me so much hope and te strength to continue in this journey! Thank you!

check out a few of my videos, specifically the first few weeks post op.

You just got to get through the first month to 6 weeks. Hang in there. It's so worth it. I am 98 lbs down as of today!! Surgery was 2/23/17. I rode a bike, kayak, canoe for first time since I'm a kid this summer. Think about what you will do for the first time in .... to keep you motivated. The time flies as does the weight if you stay focused on being healthy and always remember why you did this surgery to begin with. Hang in there!

I had some initial regret directly after surgery because I felt I would never eat "normally" again. I felt like my whole life revolved around food and Protein Shakes and I felt so disconnected from everyone else.

Now I'm 8 months out and I feel great. I've lost 106-110 pounds (I'm bouncing depending on my cycle) and I can live my life so much fuller now. Plus I eat normally, so much more normal than I ever had. I can go to restaurants, eat my favorite foods (in moderation) and just enjoy food instead of shoveling it into my face.

Thanks for that light at the end of the tunnel x :D

There is the light at the end of the tunnel. I am o e year post op and was sick of the liquid diet after a month. When I was finally allowed on soft foods it was the best thing I ever had. Down 81 pounds and have no regrets.