Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, Jill4329 said:

Surgery was 8/21. Feeling well but cannot figure out how to get in all the Protein and liquids I'm supposed to have. Maybe I misunderstood the instructions.

If you buy the body fortress Protein Powder it has 30 grams of Protein in each scoop. If you drink two a day that is all your protein.

My surgery was Aug 17th. It has been hell this whole first week. I had a large amount of scarring from my lapband that he had to get rid of, fixed my hernia and then sleeved. The pain has been terrible from the hiatal hernia repair. I have lost 20lbs this first week.

Thank you for your help

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, Kennalb said:

I was sleeved August 21st by Dr Ilan in Mexico and I feel like mine is almost too good. I was in pain when I first woke up but since then I have been walking and no issues. I got home last night and finally feel,all the gas is out from the surgery and general flying. I have not hit my goal with Water yet but I don't have to sip, I can drink normally, my stomach just gurgles a bit. I do have hunger pains, right now I am sating them with broth and Protein Water. I got 46 ounces of water and 47 Proteins so far today, went for a nice walk and am feeling great. This makes me think I am broken and it did not take, between the ease of swallowing, the hunger pains, and the lack of pain or issues. Anyone else?

Oh my gosh, I was sleeved on August 27th. I was in a lot of pain and one week later it is finally feeling better. However the situation you are having with the water is the same as me. I have been asking all along this message board if my surgery failed because I feel no restriction in taking in liquid.

Had my surgery on 8.13 lost 40lbs since my pre op diet. Doing better just get frustrated thought I would lose faster

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

19 hours ago, Hungryman said:

Had my surgery on 8.13 lost 40lbs since my pre op diet. Doing better just get frustrated thought I would lose faster

That is terrific progress. Nothing to be upset about. Keep in up, I mean down!!!!

That is terrific progress. Nothing to be upset about. Keep in up, I mean down!!!!
Thanks!!! Think I'm in a stall stage

My surgery date was August 13th. It was a rough few weeks!!! I had a terrible case of the foamies and so much mucous --sorry/gross:( But after the 2nd day of my third week my new stomach began to open up and change a little...it let me get some more liquids in, some more Protein and some soft foods. It took a great realization for me to understand that everyone won't be able to follow the diet without a little personal modification to suit your own circumstances. I'm positively on the right track now!!! BW 271 / PreOp 255 / currently 3WKs since WLS 236## SupaSTAR

So My fellow August sleevers I have Reached My final goal of "normal" BMI. Its been a hell of a journey and I and thank all of you that have traveled with me.

My new goal is to enjoy The benefits of the second chance i have been given and enjoy this new maintenance phase for the rest of my hopefully much longer life.

Was sleeved on August 21st, just had my 2 week post op appointment and onto stage four foods, excited to eat more than just shakes! No pain or soreness left and looking for a gym to maintain muscle mass as I lose. Good luck to the rest of you!

Congratulations to Allwet for all the hard work! YoungDad, that's a lot of weight for 2 weeks! I'll be really happy if I lose lose 20 pounds, my surgery date was 8/28 and I'm down 14. My biggest complaint/concern is that I'm hungry most of the time. I hope that goes away soon because its such a distraction. Stay strong everyone!

I was sleeved 8/2, though it feels like its been months. I had early nausea with Water, and SF drinks were hard, but I got through it without getting dehydrated. My surgery was complicated by the fact that the surgeon found a GIST tumor on my stomach. She removed it, and the oncologist said it was unlikely to return, so I guess I was very lucky in that sense. food has been hard. Soft foods have been pretty dull, and I still do not get in all of my Protein daily. It has been a month now, and I have only lost 20 pounds, so feeling disappointed, quite frankly. I was very tired the first couple of weeks, but more back to normal now. Another complication were very tender spots all over my pannus area where I was self-injecting Lovenox for 2 weeks (as I am on Warfarin normally). The areas got very hard, tender, and red, but the surgeon said they weren't infected, and so now no longer tender, but still hard, and the skin is discolored. I had a few incidents of eating over my 1/4 cup and felt it immediately. It was NOT a fun feeling. Lately I have not even wanted to eat because it is so boring and tasteless, and there isn't a lot of actual hunger, just head hunger, mainly for pizza and Coke, lol, but I am being good. Over all, I wish things were moving faster. I guess I expected to lose, like 10 pounds a week.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:10 AM, Hungryman said:

I think that's great. I was sleeved 8/16 and down 34.4 from pre op. I'm super happy with my results thus far.

What is the best Protein powder to use post surgery. I was sleeved August 22, and was drinking Premier Protein shakes now I’m surpose to be on purée and blended foods. Can’t take it. So went back on the shakes now they are making me nauseous and I can’t finish it. I was thinking if I try a powder protein in the foods I can eat I would still get the protein in. Any advice would be appreciated.