Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

I'm struggling. I can't get my mind in the game. I got within 4 pounds of being below 200 and panic set in. I have gone up and down for months now. I need advice. I need a reset or something. I feel like a massive failure! (No pun intended!) Has anyone gone through anything like this? I need some advice!

I haven’t gone on the scales yet since I got back from my holiday. Tomorrow I will see what damage I have done and then start a plan to sort it out. If necessary I will go back to shakes for a few days. Put your photos up,I am sure we will see the difference and give you the encouragement you need.

I'm struggling. I can't get my mind in the game. I got within 4 pounds of being below 200 and panic set in. I have gone up and down for months now. I need advice. I need a reset or something. I feel like a massive failure! (No pun intended!) Has anyone gone through anything like this? I need some advice!

You are NOT a massive failure! Just bc we have this new physical tool doesn’t mean our nutty heads will catch up as quickly as a 1 hour surgery. We have had a lifetime of diet mentality of fearing failure by one quick mistake, like a donut when on Atkins or going over our WW points and feeling like “oh well, fell of the wagon again.” I do the same thing, this self sabotage behavior when so close to a goal and feeling so good. First, which is so much easier said than done, we need to give ourselves a break. Focus on being how awesome it is that we are being proactive in trying to heal ourselves. We took a major first step. We worked our butts off to jump through all the hoops to get us this surgery which is a HUGE win in itself. We did it! We got this far! Now we need to focus on our heads. I go to support groups for this surgery and see a therapist. It’s so, SO hard. You have done so well! Look how far you’ve come. So we may slip and make bad choices but, today is a new day. I am here, holding your hand with you. I get it, understand how you feel way too well! You, we, NONE OF US are failures! We are winners bc we have actively decided to relearn a new way of relating to food and our lifestyles, and it won’t happen overnight. We have this! Sending you hugs! I am right there with you!

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 180 on 5/3/18 5'7" GW: 150

Thank you, Allie. I need to find a therapist. I know it's not my body, it's my head. Thank you.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:32 PM, Jeaniered said:

You look stunning.

As do you!! Awesome pics!!!

Before: (August 2017) 155.5kg (343 lb)9F44E242-4A6A-4069-9060-0EE5BF695DF6.png

3FBBAC2A-C20B-47A5-B603-CF3C2917E177.png

May 2018 - 92.3kg (203.5 lb)

DD4BFF52-A677-4618-9860-EE27592ACB54.jpeg

Edited by LaLaDee

I’ve lost only 40 pounds since August 25th 2017, is anyone else having same issue?
I walk everyday and do weight training 5 days a week.
Never eat out have high protein
Adequate Water.< br /> Hypothyroid patient. Anyone with me ? Stalled 5 months

I hit 140lbs lost today, 74 since my surgery August 8, 2017. I stalled for about 4 months but last week added some carbs to my diet and upped my calories a bit and I started to lose again -- almost two pounds this week already. I think the amount of exercise I am doing was putting me in starvation mode with the low carb diet I've been following.

I'm having a few issues, can't eat meat or dense foods like broccoli without pain, still have chronic Constipation. I'm getting scoped, Upper GI and Colonoscopy in a week or so to see if there is anything wrong or if it's just my tummy is a slow healer. I also have been having hypoglycemic (extremely low blood sugar) episodes if I eat sugar, which thankfully I don't do very often.

Despite those few bumps in the road, I'm very happy with how things are turning out. I have more energy than I've ever had. I'm feeling wonderful and couldn't be more pleased with the reduction in pain in my back, which is why I opted for surgery in the first place.

Sleeved 8/8/17 HW: 315 SW: 248 CW: 174 Height: 5'9" Age: 50 GW: 150

1 hour ago, Amy1234 said:

I’ve lost only 40 pounds since August 25th 2017, is anyone else having same issue?
I walk everyday and do weight training 5 days a week.
Never eat out have high protein
Adequate Water.
Hypothyroid patient. Anyone with me ? Stalled 5 months

I'm so sorry! What has your doctor and nutritionist said about this?

Wow LaLaDee! You look very different! Well done!

50 minutes ago, Cloebird said:

Wow LaLaDee! You look very different! Well done!

Thanks Cloebird! Very nervous to post that. My family tells me I look different but I don’t always see it. Wearing exact same leggings in before and after. Now they’re a bit loose and wrinkly!

Holy smokes, Laladee, that is outstanding!

Good on you!

And before Iong the planning for August 2018 people will be joining you-- you guys will be the Seasoned Veterans!👍

14 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

Before: (August 2017) 155.5kg (343 lb)9F44E242-4A6A-4069-9060-0EE5BF695DF6.png

3FBBAC2A-C20B-47A5-B603-CF3C2917E177.png

May 2018 - 92.3kg (203.5 lb)

DD4BFF52-A677-4618-9860-EE27592ACB54.jpeg

Absolutely amazing!! What a big difference 😄

You look amazing - what a difference. You need to believe us when we tell you that you are doing great.