Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

19 hours ago, Véronique said:

I've been stalled in my weight loss since November. :(

Nothing seems to be working to help me lose weight and I don't understand what's going on. I've been tracking my nutritional intake, my exercises, my weight (on a daily basis), my Water intake, and I've furnished that data to a nutritionist at Poudre Valley Hospital. In the last couple weeks, I was put on phentermine and started tracking my nightly sleep using a sleep tracker. I've also had gallbladder surgery last year where I had my gallbladder removed, so I cannot have fatty foods without getting sick.

I have no idea why this surgery isn't working for me and it is so depressing.

That must be really stressful for you. Hope they can help you soon and get to the bottom of why your not losing.

Just couldn't help myself. I knew i was riding the line from obese to overweight and had to weigh myself again.

moment of weakness or vanity whatever.

Just plain ole overweight as of today. :)

20180430_091741[1].jpg

This is the only forum I know of where "overweight" is considered a compliment. I do hope to join you there someday, my personal goal of 175 at 5ft 8in puts me THERE at this point I am pre surg and still morbid-obese👎😕

On 3/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, littlebearsmom25 said:

What is your starting height? I was sleeved the same day, and had the same sw. I am now at 172. I am 5'10. I actually have the same goal as you as well!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

HI! Congrats on all your hard work! I am stuck at 164. LOL. Of course, 4 pounds from my goal. With the summer coming up and more exercise, i'm expecting to get down there. I am only 5'4 though. But, i'm happy with the way i feel and look already. I'm a size 8/10!! Can't even believe it some days.

Also, the complaint above i figured out the reason.... Iron PILL!!! I stopped taking it due to back to normal levels and no acid. I knew something was off!!

4 hours ago, allwet said:

Just couldn't help myself. I knew i was riding the line from obese to overweight and had to weigh myself again.

moment of weakness or vanity whatever.

Just plain ole overweight as of today. :)

20180430_091741[1].jpg

Congratulations!!!! I am hoping to be overweight soon too! Long journey from super morbid obesity. My BMI was over 50. I can’t wait to join you!

It's been a long while since I posted. I am very discouraged. I started at 311lbs and am sitting at 262. I have been here for 4 months. I have complicating autoimmune issues with high dose drugs that made me expect to be a slower loser but this is ridiculous. I will say over winter exercise was minimal as that is when my inflammation and arthritis are worse. But now I cant seem to kick start anything.y calories are around 1000 per day, although somedays I dont quite hit that. Any other tips?

18 hours ago, trying4me said:

It's been a long while since I posted. I am very discouraged. I started at 311lbs and am sitting at 262. I have been here for 4 months. I have complicating autoimmune issues with high dose drugs that made me expect to be a slower loser but this is ridiculous. I will say over winter exercise was minimal as that is when my inflammation and arthritis are worse. But now I cant seem to kick start anything.y calories are around 1000 per day, although somedays I dont quite hit that. Any other tips?

meds can really throw a curve ball into this process. I will suggest some things but even if you do them all the meds may negate everything. cant say for certain .

1. stay hydrated

2. no added sugars - get your total sugar intake to less than 20g if you can

3. no simple carbs - carbs are just chains of sugar hooked together.

4. complex carbs from your veggies - while stalled no fruit

5. hit your Protein goal

6. no Snacks after dinner NONE

get at least 12 hrs from last calorie in to first calorie in the next day - longer if you can

never eat when not hungry - try not to rush to eat just cause felt the hunger this instant.

being hungry is normal from an evolutionary standpoint. your body responds by burning stored fat when it needs some energy. Always being full results in no fat burn needed.

that does not in anyway mean starvation. we are talking hours not days. nobody starves cause they waited to finish a task before they went to lunch.

take your supplements

walk, walk, walk

if nothing else just walk - walking is about so much more than calories burnt.

get your body moving and keep it moving. good things will come.

good luck - i hope something here helps

On 29/04/2018 at 3:09 AM, Jeaniered said:

That must be really stressful for you. Hope they can help you soon and get to the bottom of why your not losing.

I hope so too. I hope all this data I'm collecting will be worth something in the end, if for no other reason than to at least get me some answers.

I am non-compliant on my C-PAP (because I can't tolerate the damned thing while sleeping) but when I was Poudre Valley Hospital recovering from the surgery, I was able to use it without issue but coming home, no such luck. What they told me when I called the nurses station at the surgery unit was that they fed oxygen into the C-PAP, which would make sense as the solution as it's something that they were doing there that wouldn't carry over to when I got back here.

I'm hoping I can speak with my GP and she can order it with oxygen just so we can try it and see how it goes. Of course, given the fact that they didn't initiate C-PAP at all during my last sleep study, there's every possibility that I might not have sleep apnea anymore.

meds can really throw a curve ball into this process. I will suggest some things but even if you do them all the meds may negate everything. cant say for certain .
1. stay hydrated
2. no added sugars - get your total sugar intake to less than 20g if you can
3. no simple carbs - carbs are just chains of sugar hooked together.
4. complex carbs from your veggies - while stalled no fruit
5. hit your Protein goal
6. no Snacks after dinner NONE
get at least 12 hrs from last calorie in to first calorie in the next day - longer if you can
never eat when not hungry - try not to rush to eat just cause felt the hunger this instant.
being hungry is normal from an evolutionary standpoint. your body responds by burning stored fat when it needs some energy. Always being full results in no fat burn needed.
that does not in anyway mean starvation. we are talking hours not days. nobody starves cause they waited to finish a task before they went to lunch.
take your supplements
walk, walk, walk
if nothing else just walk - walking is about so much more than calories burnt.
get your body moving and keep it moving. good things will come.
good luck - i hope something here helps

Thank you for the time you put into this advice. Honestly it's better advice than I have gotten from my nutritionist. I am not consistently hitting my protein so I am adding back in my morning shake. I can also do better at Water, I usually hit 30-40oz but some days are a real struggle for me. I dont drink other things, except the occasional unsweetened tea. I will cut my fruit and focus more on veggies. Walking is usually not a problem (I am constantly on the move at work) but I'm gonna add in nightly walks too....it finally stopped raining it's a great time.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

I’ve got an autoimmune disease too. Taking prednisone and methotrexate. It’s really, really difficult. We have to persevere though. I’m going to try focus on some of the tips from @allwet

Saw my Dr yesterday for a. Wls checkup, said i wasn't losing fast enough.....what? Wants me to try and lose 30lbs by the end of august to surpass my goal by one year of 145. I dont get it, very frustrated. He believes i need to be between 125-135 for my height of 5'4", i dont feel that is realistic. Anyone have a similar issue?

HW:277 SW:244 GW:145 CW:169 DR. GW:125-135

YES! My doctor thinks the same range is right for me. I’m a couple inches shorter but I still don’t see it as realistic for me. I think we will know the right/best/most comfortable weight when we get there so I don’t stress over the number the doctor wants. I think if you reach 145 and you feel good there, you tell your doctor you are happy with that. I am stuck now at 212, having regained three pounds through my own bad choices. I think I am going back on liquids for a few days to see if I can lose those three and maybe a few more. I am bad about not wanting to get in enough exercise too. So many body aches and pains to use as an excuse. And as has also been mentioned here recently, I have medications that interfere with weight loss. However, I am beyond thrilled that I have lost 90 pounds overall and can’t wear my old clothes!

And in just 3 months the August 2018 sleevers will be joining you and you will all become the Year Out Veterans😝

Saw my Dr yesterday for a. Wls checkup, said i wasn't losing fast enough.....what? Wants me to try and lose 30lbs by the end of august to surpass my goal by one year of 145. I dont get it, very frustrated. He believes i need to be between 125-135 for my height of 5'4", i dont feel that is realistic. Anyone have a similar issue?
HW:277 SW:244 GW:145 CW:169 DR. GW:125-135

It is so odd the drastic differences between doctors - their plans and their expectations. I, too, had a follow up with my surgeon this week. He thought I was doing fantastic. The only time we talk about goals is when I ask if my 100 pound goal by one year is realistic. He continually says he believes it is realistic and I will definitely get there. Never more. Never less. Our program has been very simple - only two weeks low carb prior to surgery. No food or carb limits. Just stick to three meals a day. Protein first. No drinking before and after meals. Really simple.

HW 247 SW 242 CW 164 GW 147
Dream Weight - 132
Height 5’ 4”