Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

I can relate... went to a party and had some cheese, pepperoni and FIVE triscuit crackers.

next Day was up 4 pounds. My gym guy said probably the salt but I was like are you serious??? 7 mos out and the scale hasn’t moved in a month. Down 115 lbs but need to jump start things again

I think those super fast weight gains have to be mostly Water retention. Particularly where you usually have a strict diet and then you're having salt and highly processed food. A week back on track should take care of it! You can do it!

I stalled for about 2 weeks and was getting frustrated then I realised When I looked at my tracker that I had gradually slipped on my Water intake. So I upted it back up to 65 Fluid ounces and I’m loosing again. 3 pounds this week. Hard to get it all in but it’s worth it. Keep at it August pals x

Hi August sleevers, very quiet out there - how you all doing?

3 hours ago, Jeaniered said:

Hi August sleevers, very quiet out there - how you all doing?

Still moving along with weight loss. How about you?

Hi. I have not been on in a while. But all of a sudden I’m losing weight again. I feel great. Down 75 pounds and people are like- ‘stop losing’. You look so thin’. How nice is that. But most importantly I feel great. Like I’m light. I run around with so much energy. My hair is getting back it’s thickness and luster as well. I just wish this weather would get to spring already so I can walk. I hope others doing well too!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

Hi doing good too had a stall but moving again. Have lost 88 pounds now and feel fantastic. Between a uk 16-18 size. Legs are slow to shift weight from but getting there. Doing so much more walking and swimming and going to start cycling once weather gets better. Love my new life!

scale still moving! Down 75 pounds and still hoping
to hit the 100 pound mark by one year. I had a super stall for about 2 weeks as well. Had to restrict the carbs to move the scale along.

I strength train with a personal trainer twice a week. Last week they took my body fat and it has gone down 3% since January. By some calculation they do I have actually lost 9 more pounds of fat taking into consideration the muscle I’ve gained. Also walking more now that it’s warmer in Texas!

But still losing my hair by the handfuls. I swear for every pound I lose a portion of that is my hair!

And the clothes! Geez I have spent a fortune just to have something to wear.

Loving my new life as well, down 101lbs from highest weight and 68lbs since surgery. Wearing a size US 10 in jeans, and a lg to med in shirts. I even decided to go back to work after 7 years a few days a week, i am so excited. Still NOBODY comments on my weight loss, haters...lol

HW: 277 SW: 244 CW: 176 GW: 145

I gained ten pounds while living in a motel for three weeks (without my scale and with a microwave for cooking). Still not quite sure how that happened . . . have been staying with a friend and have lost that ten pounds again (and one more since then). So, back going in the right direction. It's been a rough few months--I should be able to get into an apartment of my own in three weeks, at long, long last. And then I'll be in charge of what I eat and so on--though, to be fair, the friend I'm with now eats very, very healthily. So that helps . . . but I really want to live on my own like a real grownup again.

Hey everyone! So good to see people active on this thread again!

I'm doing OK. Still losing. I've lost 60kg now (132lbs) in total. Would love to lose another 10kg (22lbs) but we'll see how we go.

I've also been spending big on clothes. I just have these endless piles of clothes around the house. I feel weird about throwing them

I'm heading to New York for two weeks, and although I've been avoiding bread, rice, potato, processed carbs etc, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up indulging a little. Hoping not to gain more than a few kgs! I don't want to track food while I'm on vacation though! I still have to be sensible most of the time though.

Anyone else struggling with wrapping your head around your weight loss?? I’m so used to failing in this dept that I have not allowed myself to enjoy this feeling-I know what it’s like to feel good and then fail and lose the good feeling. Shopping is a double edged sword, I love it and hate it at the same time. I’m dealing with this total mind f#%* which I wasn’t expecting at all.

Sleeved 8/7/17 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 188 on 3/7/18 5'7" GW: 150

19 minutes ago, LaLaDee said:

Hey everyone! So good to see people active on this thread again!

I'm doing OK. Still losing. I've lost 60kg now (132lbs) in total. Would love to lose another 10kg (22lbs) but we'll see how we go.

I've also been spending big on clothes. I just have these endless piles of clothes around the house. I feel weird about throwing them

I'm heading to New York for two weeks, and although I've been avoiding bread, rice, potato, processed carbs etc, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up indulging a little. Hoping not to gain more than a few kgs! I don't want to track food while I'm on vacation though! I still have to be sensible most of the time though.

Awesome job!!! And wowzie!! Glad to see everyone is still losing even with the small hurdles it seems we are all going thru. High five to all of you🤗

Allie589 I’m in the same boat. Down 120 lbs and haven’t bought anything new except a shirt I needed for school (I’m a teacher) and I still bought a 3x. It’s all I know. I’m afraid of having to buy clothes because it’s always been a not fun experience. Trying to get my head around this but I still have a ways to go

HW 356

SW 343

CW 233