Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:19 PM, etc. etc. etc. said:

People say my face is the biggest difference...

WIN_20170124_103745.png

Impressive, Bro! You look like the other guy's little brother. You'll definitely be at goal in no time at all! Keep up the hard work!

I am not worried about the holidays this year. I have already had 2 dinner outings at work this month, and my last one will be tonight. I stick to the fish/chicken and veggies options. We are going to Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse tonight, and I will have a good size salad and chicken. The fact that nobody at work knows that I've had surgery allows me to get away with killing the salad bar. I can eat more salad than Protein, so I will break the protein first rule tonight as it will allow me to eat for longer.

We are hosting Christmas and New Year's Eve parties this year as well, but I can control the menu, so it's all good.

Don't stress fellow sleevers! Make the best choices that you can at these functions, stay strict in between, and everything will be fine.

Happy Holidays to you all!

On 12/3/2017 at 8:17 PM, 46w4kds said:

Before surgery of August 29, 2017, pre-sugery weight of 244 to today at 204! 5 more lbs to go, then on to the 100's. Im am super happy, and loving myself again!!! :0)

20160220_192255-1.jpg

20171203_123551.jpg

Thanks everyone !

Didnt mean to send pic, not sure why that happened? Did want to update to say i hit my Christmas goal, i weighed in at 199lbs!! Goodbye 200's and Hellooooooo 100's!!

Surgery date 8/29/17

SW 244

Great job, you look amazing

First time poster. I had no idea these forums existed. August 24 here. Down 59#s. Down 100 from my biggest. It is very encouraging to see so many people with such great results. Best thing I ever did.

B7A4C22F-44D5-434A-BB1D-0AF5B9441003.jpeg

E119DC05-A4E2-47C3-B6AE-E9853C748BF4.jpeg

Welcome Amanada!

Congrats on the weight loss, what a great result. You look fantastic!

Just a few ounces short of 100 lbs. almost there :)

Fantastic and welcome to the group. The bariatric weight loss on Facebook are also very supportive.

The Christmas stress is getting to me. I have eaten out so much this month! Multiple Christmas parties so much champagne! It's a strange thing to think about. There's just the four of us having Christmas and my mother is planning a turkey (4kg) and a ham (4.5kg). That's over 2kg (4.5pounds) of meat per person! I literally cannot deal with all the extra treats too. There's chocolate, cheese, chips and dips, baked goods, super huge cooked breakfasts every morning. If it was just one day, e.g. just one meal on Christmas then I could deal but it's like the entire month is like this.

I've lost about 42kg (92 pounds) and I feel like I'm about to gain it all back this week. Ugh. I'm just in a really bad situation. You know, 4 months in, I've tried to have all this control over my food, meal planning and tracking, carefully shopping every Sunday. Now, it seems like it's all beyond my control. There's other people to consider and it's their Christmas too so you don't want to be selfish but I'm very stressed out.

LaLaDee - I hear you! I feel exactly the same as you. My focus has dropped these last couple of weeks. I really need to get back on track. I can't wait for this xmas period to be over.

LaLaDee - I hear you! I feel exactly the same as you. My focus has dropped these last couple of weeks. I really need to get back on track. I can't wait for this xmas period to be over.

We all are victims to this diet mentality, that if we fall off the wagon, we have failed. I remember binging after failing on weight watchers and south beach and Adkins...the list goes on and on, and then I would hate myself and feel shame and start all over. I am trying SO hard to focus on the positive. Yes, I am off track BUT I am going to Celebrate the fact that I only ate two bites of fudge versus the entire plate. I am trying to celebrate the fact that I did eat a bite of white rice after I ate my Protein so I didn’t fill up on simple carbs. I am trying so hard to have a healthy relationship with food, that I can be successful still and have a bite of a cookie, or even a whole cookie bc it wasn’t the whole plate of Cookies in shame.

We can do this! We are not failures for getting off track. We are winners for learning and teaching ourselves that we can have something that’s not on our plan during this time of year but eating what a normal person would, normal meaning someone that has a healthy relationship with food. I hate the self hate and shaming. I am my own worst enemy and I am trying so hard to focus on winning!

Sleeved 8/7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 206 on 11/28 5'7" GW: 150

In the same boat here, completely unfocused on diet this past week and feeling awful about it. It's hard not to let those old feelings of failure creep in...and then further self sabotage. Allie589 is right, we are not failures..we are just human, we fall down and then pull ourselves back up. Focus on the positive, how much weight you have already lost, how much closer to your goal weight, how much better you feel. Although, mentally, it may feel like you have regressed 6 months....your body probably is about the same so it not too late to turn things around.

It's kind of funny that we're all beating ourselves up and wanting, at the same time, to eat like "normal" people do. Well, normal people overeat during the holidays and indulge in treats. Maybe they don't whip themselves with shame over it, though.

Here's the thing: We have to make this new reality work for the rest of our lives. Sure, there's the honeymoon period during which we can't fit more than a small amount in, and that's great, but otherwise it's a matter of learning to focus on the Protein and Water, veggies, and so on, and limit other things as much as possible. I've realized that I'm probably not going to avoid bread for the rest of my life--but I can make the choice to have whole grain instead of white, or one piece instead of two (or more) . . .

I dunno: It's a work in progress. I have just started losing again after a very, very long stall. Coincidentally, I've also seen my surgeon a few days ago and he was very pleased with my progress--not what I was expecting after that stall.

So, unless you really are gaining weight instead of losing or staying the same, recognize that this is a short period in the year and we can all go back to following our plan perfectly on January 2!

Happy holidays, y'all.

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit less alone on this. I know that I need to be realistic about what I can achieve at the moment. I've been so worried that I've started jumping on the scale about 4 times a day! How much damage can be done in a week or month anyway? Once 1st of January arrives, I will be back on the wagon. In the meantime, I'm just trying to do my best.