Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

I’m cold all the time too. Heated seats in car on all the time. 😂

etc. etc etc - congrat's on the 100 pound loss. That's a terrific result.

I can't wait until I get there as well. I'm currently down 42 kg (93 pounds), hopefully I get there before my next appointment with my Dr in mid January. I'm a bit worried though as there has been to many xmas parties and xmas treats which aren't helping me get towards my goals.

It's starting to warm up here, Monday is the first hot day for the summer and forecast to hit 40 degrees (about 105 F). As a bigger person the heat has always bothered me, hopefully I can continue to drop weight this summer before it really warms up come Feb/March.

Have a great weekend August sleevers..

Ugh barely hit the 48 pound mark today. My weight is coming off so slow and it’s so frustrating. I wish I was hitting the 100 pound mark :( it’s hard to believe that’s going to happen for me.

Surgery weight- 335
Current weight- 287
Surgery date 8/23

As of this morning:
100 POUNDS LOST!

100 pounds in 3-4months? Geeze I'm barely at 40. It's so frustrating. I do admit my diet has sucked since Dec. began. Not quantity but quality. But I gave gotten frustrated with a 4 week stall.

My surgeon thinks I may have too big of a calorie deficit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

That’s possible... I was sleeved on 8/15 and am stalled at a 90 lb loss which I am still ecstatic about but I said to my dr there really is nothing else to “cut out”, I don’t cheat much (maybe a cracker here and there) but don’t get my Water in and only workout a couple days a week.

They’d said it may not be enough calories coming in. So I’m tweaking here and there.

My weight loss had slowed a few months ago and I was having a long stall, I spoke to my dietitian who recommended I increase my calories to 800 - 1000 per day. I was apprehensive to do so, but thought I'd give it a go, since then my weight loss has increased and been quiet steady. Since increasing my calories I also find I have more energy and feel generally better.

My weight loss had slowed a few months ago and I was having a long stall, I spoke to my dietitian who recommended I increase my calories to 800 - 1000 per day. I was apprehensive to do so, but thought I'd give it a go, since then my weight loss has increased and been quiet steady. Since increasing my calories I also find I have more energy and feel generally better.

Thanks for that advice, my dietician would give me an actual number for calories, just told me to focus on Protein. It's frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I loose slowly but steadily. I stalled far a few days at beginnng of December, so increased from 800 to 1000 and I’ve lost 6 pounds since. 66 in total. I can’t do the Water thing, I’ve tried, it became an obsession that took over my life. So I’ve stopped worrying and drink when I need to. 53 pounds to go and if it takes till next August then fair enough, I have never felt so good, or so normal!

32A8D1DF-A72E-4C0B-94F7-BC8918543C7D.jpeg

Is anyone else worried about their calorie/food intake over Christmas?

We tend to have a massive Christmas Eve dinner and then a massive Christmas day lunch and then more food on Boxing day.

I'm going to do my best to have tiny portions to try and stay on track, but I'm worried as I've got my follow up appointment in mid Jan and I still need to drop 3 kg to meet my goal.

I'm terrified of Christmas. In the past, it was just about socially acceptable binge eating. Now I'm at a loss. I've even been drinking lately.

I'm terrified as well, I'm going to try and stay away from alcohol, I know if I have one or two - I'll lose control of my calorie in take.

I usually love Christmas but I'm starting to feel anxious about it.

I've taken over the meal planning for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day to make sure there is stuff I am okay with. For Xmas Eve, we'll be having some small lobster tails that are on sale at the grocery near us. They're like little 4 oz. tails for $5, but that will be perfect since my kid and I will only eat one each. my wife can have two. If I broil those, I can get a bunch of Protein and feel like I'm having a treat without too many carbs. On Xmas Day, there will be apps around while friends are over but I've arranged for one of the apps to be those light Aidells chicken meatballs. So I should have stuff to eat both days.

I am going to have some "chocolate" on Xmas Eve while my family does, but I picked up some of those Atkins bars and I figure one of those won't be so bad, as its carbs that hurt me more than anything and they're low in those.