Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Hey August sleevers, my stats as of this morning is 51.8 lbs down with 1 week preop diet. 43.6 down since surgery. I started at 296.4 /day of surgery 286.4. Just wondering if anyone has similar stats and was sleeved around same time. I want to know if I am doing okay or not cuz I honestly feel I'm not losing fast enough. [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-N910C using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on the 14th of Aug

Is anyone else hooked on these? Taste great (even cold), barely any carbs, not bad on calories. I've been buying them in bulk at costco.

50626175.jpg

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

Is anyone else hooked on these? Taste great (even cold), barely any carbs, not bad on calories. I've been buying them in bulk at costco.
50626175.jpg.ad7aa62037ff1f090ba845c13db0711e.jpg

Not these specifically but I’ve tried one of their other products. SO GOOD. I think it was some sort of honey or teriyaki hotdog type thing.

December is a tough month, so many Christmas parties, and with the weather being warmer, more social occasions going on in general. I'm still hoping to drop 5 kg's this month but its looking unlikely at this stage.

I've done a disc in my back so I can't go to the gym or walk at the moment so that's not helping.

I'm trying to keep the long term goal in mind and not get too disheartened, over these short term set backs.

Overall life is good.

Keep up the great work August sleevers!

Hey August sleevers, my stats as of this morning is 51.8 lbs down with 1 week preop diet. 43.6 down since surgery. I started at 296.4 /day of surgery 286.4. Just wondering if anyone has similar stats and was sleeved around same time. I want to know if I am doing okay or not cuz I honestly feel I'm not losing fast enough. [emoji21]

I’m similar feeling exactly the same! I feel disgusting, disheartened and down! I’m not sure if it’s the surgery that’s made me feel this way but I was more confident 50 pounds ago! I was sleeved 22.8.17

I've been stalled so long I'm starting to feel as though I'm never going to lose again. But as one post pointed out somewhere or other on this site, when we were gaining all our weight, we didn't weigh ourselves every day or two, looking for a change as the pounds added up. It happened slowly, over years even, and there were "stalls" then, too. It's normal. It's what our bodies are supposed to be doing.

I've still lost more weight in the past six months than ever before in my life. Yes, it's frustrating that I've been stalled so long. I have no idea at this point if what I'm doing is right . . . but I'm trying to focus on the Protein and get enough Water and hope the rest will work out eventually. I'm pretty sure it will . . .

But sheesh! I've lost nearly 60 pounds and I'm still wearing the same clothes. That's becoming one of my pet peeves!

2 minutes ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

I've been stalled so long I'm starting to feel as though I'm never going to lose again. But as one post pointed out somewhere or other on this site, when we were gaining all our weight, we didn't weigh ourselves every day or two, looking for a change as the pounds added up. It happened slowly, over years even, and there were "stalls" then, too. It's normal. It's what our bodies are supposed to be doing.

I've still lost more weight in the past six months than ever before in my life. Yes, it's frustrating that I've been stalled so long. I have no idea at this point if what I'm doing is right . . . but I'm trying to focus on the Protein and get enough Water and hope the rest will work out eventually. I'm pretty sure it will . . .

But sheesh! I've lost nearly 60 pounds and I'm still wearing the same clothes. That's becoming one of my pet peeves!

Stick at it, it sounds like your doing everything right, I'm sure the stall will break soon.

60 lb weight loss is excellent.

Good luck!

I feel ya... down 89 lbs and still in the same clothes although looser.

loss has slowed, and there’s really not much I can cut out. I weigh everything, have a Protein Shake for bkfst, don’t snack etc

even joined the fitness center at the hospital where I was sleeved.

still have a LONG way to go but pleased with my loss so far!

hang in there!!!

Is anyone else cold all the time?

I used to be very warm-natured. Heck, I was sweaty, even in winter. But now I'm freakishly cold-natured. My fingers are ice cubes. I went from not always bothering with a winter coat to needing to wear hat, scarf, and gloves to leave the house. I drive with gloves on sometimes, because the steering wheel is too cold.

I'd heard this happens to some people after bariatric surgery, but it's still been surprising.

Yes! And you described it very well. I remember being this cold when I was young and in school, and I always picked seats nearest the heat source in classrooms. But I had gone so far in the opposite direction that it was a real problem in the summer to try to keep cool enough. Now people are shocked that I am actually cold a lot of the time. I have been told that it has to do with cutting down so drastically on carbs.

Also been stalling last month or so. Started diet pre surgery was 355...did surgery at 295...today I weigh 235 but i havent lost anything in over a month (im short) so I def can lose some more. Sleeved 8/25/17. Still happy losing 120 lbs but need to change something up. Also I am cold all the time as well!

120 pounds lost is so good! I’ve lost 81. Started out 299. Surgery weight 257 on 8/21/17. Now 218.

I am cold all of the time as well. My fingertips feel as though I have them on ice most of the time. My doctor said that I have an Iron deficiency, and that is probably what is causing it. I am on an iron supplement, so we will see if that helps. Other than that, I am doing very well. I have had several small stalls so far followed by additional weight loss so that's good. I am proud to say that I am officially overweight instead of obese!

That sounds terrible, I know. I haven't been overweight (by bmi standards) in about 25 years, so I am excited. I am a muscular guy, and don't think that I have that much left to lose. I would have to lose 35 more to get into the normal category. That isn't going to happen, but I hope that I can at least meet my goal, which is 14 pounds away. It will be hard enough to get there, I'm sure.

Oh good! I thought it was just me. Last night, here in Mass, it was 18* and I was FREEZING!!!! I mean 18* is cold but it felt like it was going straight through me to my bones. I couldn't get warm even with 3 blankets on me, the heat on 80 and 2 pairs of socks.

Oh good! I thought it was just me. Last night, here in Mass, it was 18* and I was FREEZING!!!! I mean 18* is cold but it felt like it was going straight through me to my bones. I couldn't get warm even with 3 blankets on me, the heat on 80 and 2 pairs of socks.

I’m on the cape right now where it’s like 7 degrees with wind chill. Normally I’d be cold but I’m in the house with the heater and I’m freezing!! Since I’m normally in Los Angeles it is fantastic but definitely not right now!!