Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Wow great job. I hope I can lose like that. I'm only in nny second stage and haven't lost a whole lot yet and its a little discouraging

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

You were sleeved about seven weeks after me, Patrick. You'll get there, too!

1 hour ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

And here's a before/after pic in the same jeans...

8-3 and 11-25.jpg

That's awesome - really inspirational - your face looks a lot thinner, too. I hope I haven't been a fatty too long that my face is now permanently round. Are you having any problems with loose skin? How's your mental state - what foods or food based activities (like big thanksgiving meals, etc) do you miss most?

9 minutes ago, timarland said:

That's awesome - really inspirational - your face looks a lot thinner, too. I hope I haven't been a fatty too long that my face is now permanently round. Are you having any problems with loose skin? How's your mental state - what foods or food based activities (like big thanksgiving meals, etc) do you miss most?

My skin is a little loose underneath my arm, kind of like a small web/wing between my triceps and body. My gut has no real loose skin, though it does have some fearsome stretch marks. Not sure how my legs will turn out, as they've gone from fat but firm to being like two sacks full of jelly.

Mostly, I'm doing well. I eat very sparingly for Breakfast and lunch most days then have something marginally more interesting for dinner (not like junk food, but something with some carbs like a wrap or with more calories like a burger without a bun) or maybe have a glass of wine with the extra slack I have left over. I track positively everything all the time and try hard to stay under 950 calories, 55 carbs, and 85+ grams of Protein. I walk 5-8 miles a week, usually.

Thanksgiving was tricky. I had a great plan for the actual day of Thanksgiving that I mostly kept to, but the night before I ended up grazing through some junk while cooking and getting ready and as a result of that and a semi-stall earlier, last week was something of a wash. I'm back on track now and am back to walking every day, so I hope to make the needle move again this week.

10 minutes ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

My skin is a little loose underneath my arm, kind of like a small web/wing between my triceps and body. My gut has no real loose skin, though it does have some fearsome stretch marks. Not sure how my legs will turn out, as they've gone from fat but firm to being like two sacks full of jelly.

Mostly, I'm doing well. I eat very sparingly for Breakfast and lunch most days then have something marginally more interesting for dinner (not like junk food, but something with some carbs like a wrap or with more calories like a burger without a bun) or maybe have a glass of wine with the extra slack I have left over. I track positively everything all the time and try hard to stay under 950 calories, 55 carbs, and 85+ grams of Protein. I walk 5-8 miles a week, usually.

Thanksgiving was tricky. I had a great plan for the actual day of Thanksgiving that I mostly kept to, but the night before I ended up grazing through some junk while cooking and getting ready and as a result of that and a semi-stall earlier, last week was something of a wash. I'm back on track now and am back to walking every day, so I hope to make the needle move again this week.

Nice! I travel and entertain clients for a living, so I'm dreading the change from the band. The band restricts me from eating healthy foods (lean meats make me really sick) but doesn't do anything for fatty/slippery foods, rich Desserts, and especially alcohol. I like your approach to daily eating though - gives me some hope.

Why would you want Diet Coke? It's not like we drink this stuff for its nutritional content. Why not try something like chocolate milk or Water? Either is more nutritional and tastes a HELL OF A LOT BETTER.

Ouch!
I hate milk. I only drink water, tea, and coffee. Don’t worry. I’m not having a DC. I’m just wishing to.

I just got home from my first roller derby practice. Needless to say, I'm not very good at it because I've never skated since I was a child (and probably not much even then). I know I fell several times (mostly on my back, which is something that I'm trying to avoid because my front has a lot of the padding (i.e. knee pads, elbow pads, etc) but I definitely worked out a lot because I hurt from shoulders to toes. The only thing that doesn't hurt is my head.

I'm still planning to go to the next practice on Saturday, as well as to do those exercises the coach gave me to the best of my ability. However, I must share some gratitude.

• I am grateful that I have a workplace that lets me duck out at 3pm to go back down to Boulder County to play roller derby (and yes, they knew).
  • I am grateful that my surgeon's office at my three-month check today, didn't have me see the awful nurse who refused to help me when I would phone Northern Colorado Surgical Associates for assistance/advice when I was gaining.
  • I am grateful for the patient trainers at my league.
  • I am grateful for the two trainers who gave me a ride to the barn and back to the park & ride.
  • I am grateful that I have most of the bottle of Tylenol 3 left from my surgery.
  • I am grateful that I have an employer that might let me work from home tomorrow, since getting up is going to be a nightmare.

Now, I must brush my teeth, take some Tylenol 3, and pass out to sleep.

I was sleeved 22 August, I have lost 52 pound 24 kilos but 6 of those kilos were in my pre opt, I exercise daily and nearly meet my Protein goals everyday, I drink a litre of Water a day. I have lost weight quicker than this pre surgery, so this is a bit disheartening! I also feel very self conscious, more so than when I was 52 kilos heavier! Haven’t gone down too much in clothes at all just bras! But hoping I can regain my confidence! And my big fat belly seems to not be moving at all, is this normal??

22 hours ago, Rach84 said:

I was sleeved 22 August, I have lost 52 pound 24 kilos but 6 of those kilos were in my pre opt, I exercise daily and nearly meet my Protein goals everyday, I drink a litre of Water a day. I have lost weight quicker than this pre surgery, so this is a bit disheartening! I also feel very self conscious, more so than when I was 52 kilos heavier! Haven’t gone down too much in clothes at all just bras! But hoping I can regain my confidence! And my big fat belly seems to not be moving at all, is this normal??

Congrats Rach!! I wish we could control where we lost the weight. I have a big belly, a flat butt and disproportionately thin legs. No luck finding jeans that fit with this body! I keep hoping to lose belly weight but no such luck. It’s the belly fat that is so dangerous too. We have to cross our fingers and be patient!

Thank you! I don’t look any different and I feel terrible about myself not wanting to go anywhere, is anyone else feeling like this? It must be something to do with the surgery! No one notices I’ve lost any kind of weight, I suppose that what happens the bigger you are the less people notice.

Thank you! I don’t look any different and I feel terrible about myself not wanting to go anywhere, is anyone else feeling like this? It must be something to do with the surgery! No one notices I’ve lost any kind of weight, I suppose that what happens the bigger you are the less people notice.

I didn't think I looked different either, I hear this from that's too, but if you took before pictures and compare to know you may see a difference.

I feel better as fare as personal mobility. My clothes fit differently, specifically my pants but I didn't notice it until I compared pictures. I finally at 3 months had someone mention my weight loss, although I hadn't seen her since surgery so it must have been more evident.

My recommendation is to feel good about yourself because you are making moves in the right direction and take pictures every month or 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Holy hell, it's been three days since I went to derby practice and I'm STILL sore! This gives me hope, as I need a workout this intense in my life.

Sleeved 8/21
Hw 242
Sw 229 i think
Cw 185
Gw 160 maybe less
Im 5'10
Lost a lot of inches. When i dont feel like i am losing lbs, i always measure. I went from a size 16 at american eagle to a size 12 currently. I used to be able to wear my jeans for a few times before they were saggy, and now half way through the day they are loose. I just ordered a size large jacket, and it fits. Havent bought many new clothes, i told myself i was going to wait for christmas to splurge. I feel so much better, and getting dressed in the morning no longer makes me want to cringe. I just pick whatever and it all fits. Baggy. Started dating someone new, and feel confident in how i look naked now. Still a ways to go, but i know this was the best decision of my life. As a cash pay, i know this investment is well worth the return.

I was told that the belly was the last to go. I have lost a lot in my chest, thighs, face, and arms.

20 hours ago, littlebearsmom25 said:

I was told that the belly was the last to go.

There is no set order that anything goes in. It's practically random and it's certainly different for everyone.

I had a big round belly that started from my love handles and went all the way across and up to the middle of my ribs. I've lost most of the top part, weird divots a few inches out from my belly on each side, and now the area below my belly button is shrinking and pinching upwards, while the parts beside still sag. And the damn love handles have barely changed.

There's not always rhyme or reason.