Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

@Cloebird Can you message me that chart please? This app is the most user UNFRIENDLY app I have ever installed. I HATE IT, but love this group. I got tired of scrolling through pages trying to find the chart. Is it me or does this App really suck?

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 235
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

ED9447BA-B13C-43C2-87D5-C6DF6658DB00.thumb.jpg.85859866a9c4c7207e72fd164b1bf9e5.jpg
Was sleeved on august 18 and I'm down 55 pounds! I've never felt so good! It's so crazy how your body feels and how much confidence u gain within yourself! I'm so glad I made this lifestyle change and anyone who struggles with weight loss I definitely tell them to consider this surgery![emoji16][emoji1376]

You really look stunning. The coolest part is I can "see" that you are happier. Yes... in the pics. You look more confident and very happy!!! Im thrilled for you!!! WELL DONE[emoji106]🤠[emoji123]

5' 5"

4 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

@Cloebird Can you message me that chart please? This app is the most user UNFRIENDLY app I have ever installed. I HATE IT, but love this group. I got tired of scrolling through pages trying to find the chart. Is it me or does this App really suck?

5' 5"

I don't have the chart...when I'm on my laptop I probably can copy it from this thread though.

22 hours ago, 46w4kds said:

20171121_143523.png

Repost

4 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

5' 5"

I sent you a chart and reposted for you:0)

On 11/22/2017 at 7:42 AM, Sherry Rice said:

5' 5"

No doubt, the BariatricPal app was so poorly designed, it's not even funny. And I'm not just saying this in regards to the fact that BariatricPal won't sync up with Apple Health so that if we have a smart scale (like I do) or an Apple Watch (I'm picking up a new one today), we can sync our activity and weight data automatically. I'm saying that the BASICS that should work, like user authentication, don't actually work.

So, as for what I'm up to, I am picking up my Apple Watch because I want to get a more accurate tracking of my step count (as I don't carry my phone with me all the time at work). I'm also picking up a kit of derby gear in about an hour so I can start with phase 1 training with Boulder County Bombers tomorrow. I've already paid my dues and WFTDA insurance online, so all I need to do is get my gear and hit practice tomorrow!

Edited by Véronique

So, after today's series of errands, my step count is a whopping 13,806 steps according to my phone. I could have got it up to 15,000 if my thighs weren't burning with the fires of a thousand evils, as the walk home from the bus is worth roughly 1,000-1,200 steps. I went up to Loveland to get my derby gear, down to Boulder to pick up my lost wallet (the transit authority found it and, luckily enough, nothing was stolen from it) and my new Apple Watch (so now, I'll be able to pick up the step count when I'm not carrying my phone with me), make a dispute with my bank of a few overdraft fees (I was able to get them all reversed) and try to sort out an issue with T-Mobile.

I'm not starting roller derby tomorrow (due to a change of plans by the trainers, but given the burning in my legs, I'm not going to complain too much). But I am going down to Arvada tomorrow to finalize opening an account at a credit union.

On 11/22/2017 at 10:50 AM, 46w4kds said:

I wanted those who were being discouraged about their weight loss to see what the average person who is following all rules should be losing and have a good idea of what they will lose in the next year. This is absolutely accurate for me, i was 244 and now im 207. So right on target!

Thanks for posting the weight loss table. Interesting to read.

Everyone is having some great results keep up the good work August sleevers!

I'm really proud of us August sleevers. Whether you're meeting the chart or not, I think we're all doing so well. I have literally told three people in my life about my surgery (about half my immediate family) and so this whole process can feel totally lonely so I love seeing how everyone else is doing. It's not a competitive thing - some people are taller, younger, or better at exercise etc than me and doing much better. The point is that we're all doing our best here. It's just nice to know people have the same feelings and obsess over the same things (I want diet coke so badly).

I totally agree, 1 pound a day is completely unrealistic, and really irresponsible of your medical guy to say so. All that's done has set you up to expect that loss, and when you don't achieve it, you feel bad, and feel like you are failing - which you totally aren't. Everyone loses weight at a different speed, so it's not healthy comparing yourself to others. So many things impact it - your age, starting weight, genetics etc, so there is no 'one size suits all'. As long as you are eating mindfully, keeping up your Fluid intake, your Protein intake, and aren't having sugary or low quality junk food, you will lose weight. I'm losing 1kg a week now, 3 months post surgery, and that's good, healthy and sustainable. More importantly, I don't feel like I'm on a 'diet'. I'm just eating (mostly) good, healthy food, and enjoying it.
Please don't compare, or expect to lose a pound a day. You'll only get demoralized, sad and most likely turn to food to comfort yourself.
I'm sending you positive, happy vibes. [emoji173]️

I’m hoping he meant 1 lb a day at first, which is what I lost. It has now slowed to 3-5 lbs a week and occasionally increases as my muscle mass goes up. I’m calling my NUT Monday to make sure I’m still doing things right. I burn between 500-900 calories a day working out so it’s possible I’m not eating enough and my body is holding on to calories and nutrients. Sometimes I do 2 workouts a day. It just feels so bad but so good.

Just waiting for my BMI to get below 30 and my weight below 200. I’m at 203-205 and 32 BMI now. They’re my first two goals.

20171121_143523.thumb.png.c4973181eeda053fb579b5718bd18b0d.png

Thank you! I love this chart because I’m about 15 lbs less than what it says I should have lost. Makes me feel better than what my surgeon said at my 2 week post op.

12 hours ago, KateBruin said:

I’m hoping he meant 1 lb a day at first, which is what I lost. It has now slowed to 3-5 lbs a week and occasionally increases as my muscle mass goes up. I’m calling my NUT Monday to make sure I’m still doing things right. I burn between 500-900 calories a day working out so it’s possible I’m not eating enough and my body is holding on to calories and nutrients. Sometimes I do 2 workouts a day. It just feels so bad but so good.

Just waiting for my BMI to get below 30 and my weight below 200. I’m at 203-205 and 32 BMI now. They’re my first two goals.

You're doing brilliantly. Keep it up.

Non-scale achievements... I was cleaning out my closet this weekend and I threw out/donated about 2/3 of the stuff in it. Even some of the jeans I'd been so proud to be able to wear again after surgery are too big now. I also found a sweatshirt in the closet I didn't remember and tried it on. It fit great, so I went to show it to my wife and she told me it was hers... she'd bought it to stay warm while at her old job a while back. It's an L. (I was a solid 3XL before weight loss.) Most of the stuff I wear is XL now, but being able to wear even one L sized thing feels terrific.

And here is a picture of me wearing the suit that used to fit me this time last year. My kid is wearing it with me this time.

20171126_110933.jpg

Edited by etc. etc. etc.