Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

... Also, on another note, I was at King Soopers the other day and saw protein-infused Water in the diet/exercise supplements section of the store. I was intrigued to try it out but considering it's $10 for four bottles, my attitude quickly shifted to "screw that".

Ok girl, I tried Isopure Protein water and hated it. It was the smell that got me and I could not drink it. So in my opinion I would steer clear. I did by genpro unflavored Protein Powder and it goes great in Soup, so that may be an idea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I ate something too fast this weekend and felt like I was going to die. I feel that I have lost more but my husband (who I made him do this) is not permitted to let me near the scale unless its Tuesday.
Other that that, I feel great! I have some of my energy back and then a some.
Question, how do you know you have overeaten? Is it kind of like when you are watching the TV and have a bag of chips and the next thing you know its gone? How long after you overate did the hurtful feeling come?

Does your stomach hurt or do you feel nauseous? I am always feeling nauseous, whether I am eating or drinking. Could I be eating too much? I don't think I am, cause I never hurt in my stomach, just nauseous.

Does your stomach hurt or do you feel nauseous? I am always feeling nauseous, whether I am eating or drinking. Could I be eating too much? I don't think I am, cause I never hurt in my stomach, just nauseous.

For me if I eat too fast I het nauseated. Then if I've been real bad I lose my tummy contents. Just saw my doc today and am down 20% of what I want to lose total. So I'm happy with that I think reading everyone's pounds lost is difficult cuz we all started at different places and have different goals of how much we want or need to lose. So percentage of the goal might be better way to express the loss, at least for me. Thanks for sharing.

For me if I eat too fast I het nauseated. Then if I've been real bad I lose my tummy contents. Just saw my doc today and am down 20% of what I want to lose total. So I'm happy with that I think reading everyone's pounds lost is difficult cuz we all started at different places and have different goals of how much we want or need to lose. So percentage of the goal might be better way to express the loss, at least for me. Thanks for sharing.

How far out are you? I am down 16% of my goal from surgery day. 36% from my highest recorded weight (that was on prednisone).

I was in a stall that I think I broke. I assumed I’d need to eat more calories since that’s how it works when you’re working out and trying to lose weight but my dietician said try 3-4 Protein Shakes (for 100 g) every other day till the stall is broken. Did that yesterday and it was painful.

I’m 4 weeks out. Down 23ish lbs, which isn’t that much lower than my doctor’s recommendation of 1 lb a day.

Sleeved on 8/23; lost about 40 lbs in 3 weeks. Now that I'm in my 4th-5th week, my weight loss has stalled. I hope it picks back up again. Anywhere ever had an issue with bad breath after the surgery? I can't seem to make it better.

2 hours ago, Ouiser said:

Sleeved on 8/23; lost about 40 lbs in 3 weeks. Now that I'm in my 4th-5th week, my weight loss has stalled. I hope it picks back up again. Anywhere ever had an issue with bad breath after the surgery? I can't seem to make it better.

I have the same problem. I was sleeved on 8/15 and am down 30 lbs.

I think it's the high-protein diet. I remember having the same taste in my mouth when I used to do a low-carb diet. It's disgusting! I chew gum, even though it says not to :-)

2 hours ago, Ouiser said:

Yes, the bad breath is awful. The best thing I have found is Ice Breakers Cool Blast mints.

17 hours ago, trying4me said:

... Also, on another note, I was at King Soopers the other day and saw protein-infused Water in the diet/exercise supplements section of the store. I was intrigued to try it out but considering it's $10 for four bottles, my attitude quickly shifted to "screw that".

Ok girl, I tried Isopure Protein Water and hated it. It was the smell that got me and I could not drink it. So in my opinion I would steer clear. I did by genpro unflavored Protein Powder and it goes great in Soup, so that may be an idea.

I am starting to hit my numbers (or pretty close to them) without the aid of Protein Powder but I do wonder about the cost-effectiveness of how I'm doing it, so I am going to do a bit of comparison shopping.

3 hours ago, Ouiser said:

Oh goody, something to be self-conscious about. I haven't noticed anything different personally but my sense of perception about things like that isn't always the best.

So bad! I chew gum constantly and have to make sure I don’t swallow it. I think it’s because I’m so low carb I’m basically in ketosis. I believe that can cause nasty breath. Luckily I’m single!

On 9/17/2017 at 7:13 PM, Véronique said:

I have the opposite problem, the physical sensations of hunger are gone for me. I have to be very intentional about eating so that I get the proper amount of Protein in.

This is exactly where I am. I don't care whether I eat or not except that I know I have to get those Protein numbers in and I'm trying really hard to avoid Protein Shakes as much as possible--certainly no more than one per day. But last night I put 4 ounces of ricotta bake on the plate and couldn't eat it all.

Trouble with the craving of potatoes and salt... I've been great on the food but this weekend I want potato and ketchup so bad. What do you guys do to get through it. I'm at the point where maybe I'm bite won't hurt

13 hours ago, KateBruin said:

So bad! I chew gum constantly and have to make sure I don’t swallow it. I think it’s because I’m so low carb I’m basically in ketosis. I believe that can cause nasty breath. Luckily I’m single!

My doc said absolutely no gum. I use the breath strips, they're a tiny package that can fit in my pocket.