Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

I was sleeved on 8/15 started puréed last week. I can get in about 1/3 cup of egg beaters, just started adding a little fat free ham and cheese into it but it takes about 45 min and then I'm full.

struggling with the Water needed.... don't seem to be thirsty yet I used to drink water like a fish!

it's normal, I stalled for two weeks (weeks 2 and 3). Got very downhearted. Was really struggling to eat enough calories, have now managed to up it to around 800 a day and have lost a further 15 pounds. 36 in total. Just going into week 5. Don't let it get you down, it will happen - how can it not?

I'm in week 5 and haven't lost any in this week hopefully will start back soon ..

I don't have hot flushes anymore. Haven't since my op on 8th. Anyone else the same?

I'm anxiously waiting for that day! I'm constantly hot and sweaty. It's awful and gross.

Hello fellow August Sleevers. Hope everyone is doing ok. I was sleeved on August 10th and started purée on 8/31.

1. How are you all managing to get your Water in daily?

2. How much food are you able to get down?

When I eat I feel like my food is sitting at the very top of my throats only after eating 2-3 bites. I don't know if that means I am full or if my stomach is still full of air. What are your thoughts?

I get my water in by drinking 1oz ever 15 mins, more if I am not uncomfortable. I have been the water champ. Protein is harder so I stick with a shake a day (3oz per hour) that equals 30gm and Tomato Soup made with milk.

Chew very well and use baby spoons to eat. If that doesn't help step back to liquids for a couple days and try again. I was sleeved 8/31 so still on liquids, but this is what my nut said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sometimes they don't I lost 34# and didn't cheat.. my calorie intake was 500-600 daily and my dr said my liver was huge...it is what it is...some don't shrink and some do...some people are born with large organs...he still was able to do the surgery...his concern was all the scarred tissue from a failed lap band I had removed back in 2010. I lost 85# but I was over restricted so much everything I ate mostly Soups. I threw up...it got to the point I couldn't even swallow my saliva....
Point is follow the instructions of ur dr office to the letter..only have 800 or less calories watch sugar/carbs

Yes to this! Some just have large organs. My stomach was huge and it took more time to remove, also my liver was large but he didn't think it was diet related (I did milk diet for 3 weeks and cheated 1x in week 1).

10 hours ago, KimmerAnn said:

I was sleeved August 16. Lost 18 pounds first two weeks. But now on week three have gained 3 back. Uggggh. Sad and frustrated but just trying to tell myself it's normal???

Well, I would say it's normal. It could be lots of things. Just be sure to keep a food journal (either digital or paper, whatever works for you) and track your results. Make notes of the trends and try out different things. Just make sure you're tracking so that if you decide to seek help from a nurse or a dietician, you've made their job easier to figure out what's going on.

I get my Water in by drinking 1oz ever 15 mins, more if I am not uncomfortable. I have been the water champ. Protein is harder so I stick with a shake a day (3oz per hour) that equals 30gm and Tomato Soup made with milk.

Chew very well and use baby spoons to eat. If that doesn't help step back to liquids for a couple days and try again. I was sleeved 8/31 so still on liquids, but this is what my nut said.

I'm the opposite. I can drink an 11 oz premier shake in about 2 minutes. Water and other fluids are more annoying cause it's like I'm a hamster constantly sipping.

Same with me... premier 11iz shakes take about 15 min but I could go faster

Water is another issue for some reason. Prior to my sleeve (8/15) I would drink all day. Now I'm lucky to get in 25-30oz

Not sure why.... need to keep working on it

Ugh at a hotel. Have a shake with me I'm saving for lunch and the ride home. Hotel Breakfast eating 1 egg (avoiding the yolk) and about 1/3 cup special K in fat free milk I'm letting turn to mush....

i need to get home where I have my supplies

went to outback last night and ate a very tiny amount of potato Soup. It was the only thing on the menu I knew would go down easy.

back on track when I get home!!!!

I know that for me personally, it takes a while to drink 300 ml of Water, which is about how much I can drink at a time. I also know that those Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks are the one thing I can't tolerate at this point. I can do puréed food and lots of other liquids but Carnation Instant Breakfast, which is recommended by my programme in order to help bump the numbers closer to the nutrients I am supposed to be getting, is something I can't do,

22 hours ago, Jeaniered said:

I don't have hot flushes anymore. Haven't since my op on 8th. Anyone else the same?

I'm doing much better on that too. I don't think it has happened since my 8/21 surgery.

Having some upper abdominal pain and discomfort. Is this normal 6 days post op?

I'm post op day 12 should I be taking vitamins

Sleeved 8/18 and I just hit my puréed stage....has anyone had their puréed foods get stuck in like the chest area? Caused a lot of discomfort but now I've been thining my pureeds out with Water to make them a little less thick. Still don't get the urge to feel hungry but I know I'm not supposed to go without taking in some kind of protein... but I had my post op appointment last week and my doctor said I'm doing amazing. And the plus side down 24 pounds! Trying to hit 30! Hopefully soon