Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

5 hours ago, KateBruin said:

I am in desperate need of anything resembling real food. I get about 150 g of Protein a day and probably around 100 oz of food. I know some of my hunger is in my head but I would murder newborn puppies for some tuna or scrambled eggs. I can't really find any liquid appropriate foods I enjoy. One week till puree and broth is making me homicidal

I laughed so hard when I read your post. My surgery was 8/21 and I just started full liquids yesterday. I absolutely feel your pain!!!!

Is that what you lost in a week? I think I've only lost about 6 lbs but I haven't pooped so in definitely retaining Water. I think I'm getting in a lot of calories for this stage (~1000) but it's what my body wants.

I lost about 14 lbs in a week, I am not sure how that is possible and it seems very extreme. I tracked my food yesterday and I am averaging 250-450 cal a day. Mainly just Protein Shakes and also clear Protein waters. I am sure that the weight loss will regulate itself soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, Sammie47 said:

Hi I was sleeved on 8/25. I'm having the hardest time with my crushed meds and getting fluids down. But I'm starting to feel a tiny bit better. Best of luck to you.

Sleeved 8/21. Have you tried sugar-free Syrup to put your crushed meds into? I do that followed by a drink of Crystal light. It's manageable but I still don't like it. But what really bothers me is that I can't take my Mobic. Without it, my spine hurts constantly and all I want to do is sit with the heating pad on my back. I don't need pain medication for the surgical part but I do for my back. My surgeon wants me not to take Mobic for as long as possible, 6 to 9 months. I don't think I can wait that long.

I just had my slave Monday night and; boy oh boy, i had a rough night. Im still in pain. I've been home for approximately 6 hours now. I feel sick and too yucky to do anything but sip on Water. I think I may have s fever so going to check that in a few. I'm using my spirometer too. It I feel like I ha e a chest cold. It scares of goi g back into the hospital.

I just had my slave Monday night and; boy oh boy, i had a rough night. Im still in pain. I've been home for approximately 6 hours now. I feel sick and too yucky to do anything but sip on Water. I think I may have s fever so going to check that in a few. I'm using my spirometer too. It I feel like I ha e a chest cold. It scares of goi g back into the hospital.

Hi I hope you start feeling better. I had surgery on Friday 8/25 I'm still in pain and having issues with gas pain as well. But I have been getting my fluids in and today I was able to finish a whole bottle of Protein Shake. Besides drinking water and G2 gatorade.

Hi I hope you start feeling better. I had surgery on Friday 8/25 I'm still in pain and having issues with gas pain as well. But I have been getting my fluids in and today I was able to finish a whole bottle of Protein Shake. Besides drinking Water and G2 gatorade.

My surgery day was rough too I had asked my doctor could I stay a extra day because I live 3 hours away and plus due to my health I have lupus and fibromyalgia . The next day I was thinking I don't see how they send anyone home the next day have the sleeve and two days after the bypass. That's just to much pain and what all the body goes through .

I had my sleeve 8/18. I was hurting at the hospital, but it cleared up the next morning and I still go to go home. I had blurry vision (a side effect of anaesthesia I am told) for a few days and some soreness, but I think I was lucky overall.

My biggest thing is I'm just sick to death of liquids. I would like to eat anything else. Purees had sounded gross to me, but I've read some good ideas here and between that and how bored I am of liquids, I am ready.

Oops I meant 235, and current is 221

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Our goals are the same as are our weights! I was sleeved 8/21. So far so good. Good luck!

Crystal, 30, Rhode Island
Gastric sleeve 8/21/17
Starting/highest weight: 241
Goal weight: 150

Sleeved 8/21. Have you tried sugar-free Syrup to put your crushed meds into? I do that followed by a drink of Crystal light. It's manageable but I still don't like it. But what really bothers me is that I can't take my Mobic. Without it, my spine hurts constantly and all I want to do is sit with the heating pad on my back. I don't need pain medication for the surgical part but I do for my back. My surgeon wants me not to take Mobic for as long as possible, 6 to 9 months. I don't think I can wait that long.

I don't crush any of my meds. I got pills even while I was in the hospital but waited 2 days for my 800 mg gabapentin. I guess we're all different. I just knew I'd gag up crushed pills.

I'm totally with you on the pain meds for my back but not my incisions. It's nice to have oxy for my incisions when they really hurt but the hospital bed was so bad for my back it completely eclipsed my incisions pain. I feel for you. They need to find something for you in the interim. I was about to say you should be able to swallow them but remembered I used to take it and that it's an NSAID. If medicinal marijuana is legal where you are try some CBD.

I was paranoid I had a fever because I was released and live in LA where it's hot as balls so I felt feverish but nah, I was just hot. So check your temp then you can relax. I was also coughing up phlegm a lot but I hear that's from the breathing tube. It has also stopped. I was scared shitless of returning to the hospital because the beds were SO bad and my ward had a ton of head and neck surgeries so it was all these people on loud tubes who couldn't speak. Traumatizing even for me just as an onlooker.

I'm five days out and I'm doing good.. first two days really sucked.. but at the third day I was feeling good. I weight 229 at surgery, current weight it 214.. I'm so excited. ...

11 hours ago, KateBruin said:

I don't crush any of my meds. I got pills even while I was in the hospital but waited 2 days for my 800 mg gabapentin. I guess we're all different. I just knew I'd gag up crushed pills.< br />
I'm totally with you on the pain meds for my back but not my incisions. It's nice to have oxy for my incisions when they really hurt but the hospital bed was so bad for my back it completely eclipsed my incisions pain. I feel for you. They need to find something for you in the interim. I was about to say you should be able to swallow them but remembered I used to take it and that it's an NSAID. If medicinal marijuana is legal where you are try some CBD.

We are also together on the gabapentin. None for two days while in the hospital. Could not sleep at all in the hospital and not exaggerating a bit. I did not get oxy after this surgery either. I did after a surgery a few years back but not this time. No, medical marijuana is not legal here but people recommend it to me constantly.

So this is day three post op. Still lot of gas discomfort. Anytime I sip Water I feel like I am going to hang. I'm terrified of actually getting so sick. I've only been walking in my home. Up and down the hall. Did everyone walk right away? And how long before these gagging issues subside?