Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

For me personally I couldn't drink cold fluids at first. It made my stomach contract and I got super nauseated. My pain was more than most because I have no pain tolerance. I was sleeved on 8/19 and went from 317 to 309 this morning. I've mainly done Protein Drinks broths ect. I noticed when I do hit my Protein for the day I don't loose as much

I was sleeved on August 12th. Spent 2nights in the hospital because I wasn't getting in enough fluids. It is Still a struggle to get it in. My sw was 272 and I weigh 257 now. I can see the difference already in my face.

I am still on full liquids until 9/2

I'm in the same boat with the Proteins and liquids. I have resorted to drinking milk because at least that's some Protein and it doesn't make me gag! I know it will keep getting better.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there... got my sleeve on 8/15... pain was manageable, was walking without hours of the surgery. Will start stage 3 foods Tuesday

only issue I'm having is getting the Water in and definitely having some Constipation issues. Good luck with your surgery! 👍🏻😁

My liquid diet started on 7/26. I lost 15lbs . Surgery on 8/9 I have lost 7 slow loser but as long as it's steady I okay. I drink normal now and can tolerate everything just in moderation. Never had nausea. I have no regrets at this point , I needed this tool .

Having a little trouble with Constipation myself. Some hot Decaf tea is helping.

I just had mine done on the 22nd. I wish my experience was like some of yours. The surgery went well, and I was pretty much out of it the first night, but I was able to get up and walk around once. I have had problems with gas, but that is getting better. Stitches don't hurt that much but the muscles around the stitches hurt whenever I moved. That is getting better too, but still feel like I'm ripping something when I sneeze or cough. Worst part is when I try to drink. It feels like there is a lot of inflammation at the top of my ribs, in the center. Sometimes it feels like really bad indigestion when I try to drink something, even when I do it slowly. Now I did have trouble with reflux before, so that could be it. It's been hard to get down as much as they want you to, but I started the Protein Shakes today and it's been easier to keep down.

Although I haven't been hungry, it has not affected my love of food so I still see commercials and almost salivate over them. I'll be glad when I get to the mashed foods.

Hi there... got my sleeve on 8/15... pain was manageable, was walking without hours of the surgery. Will start stage 3 foods Tuesday
only issue I'm having is getting the Water in and definitely having some Constipation issues. Good luck with your surgery! [emoji106]🏻[emoji16]

How are u moving so fast I'm on full fluids till Sept 8. Lol my doc is cheating me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Not sure LOL... did Clear Liquids in the hospital (3 days) then he started me on stage 2 when I got home. Saw him Wed (9 days post op) and he said stage 3 started 2 weeks after surgery which will be 8/29

im feeling good. Need to watch the sodium and carb count in some Soups though!!!

I'm a little annoyed... I didn't tell a lot of people I was having my surgery. Insurance wouldn't cover it and I was afraid if something happened financially (total cost was $22,800) I'd have to tell everyone I wasn't having it... anyway, I feel like people are expecting me to lose 100lbs within a few weeks. I can tell when they look at me. I'm 11 days post op.... people need to back off and give me time to adapt to this new life!!!

Had surgery on 8/23.... Today awful headache..... Is that normal?

Had surgery on 8/15, they asked me a few times in the hospital if I had a headache. Perhaps aside effect of the anesthesia??

good luck to you!!!

Sleeved 8/21. Also had hernia repaired that I didn't know was there. Totally out of it first 8 hours. When they got me up to walk I became violently sick and dry heaved for an hour. Since I couldn't walk, the gas pain became really bad. They changed my pain medicine and by the next morning the nausea was gone but the gas pain was even worse. They kept me until 7 pm and finally let me go home after I did the swallow X-ray test and kept down some liquids.
Being at home is much better. I walked the gas out the first two days and that pain is gone. sleep is still uncomfortable b/c of incisions. Drinking enough is an all day, on-going battle. It is getting easier every day. I can't stomach the Protein Shakes so drinking Protein Water, crystal light and smart water. Had 2 oz of chicken broth today too. Day 4 at home for me and I did leave the house to go see a friend for just a little bit. It was nice to get out. Only problem I'm really having is diarrhea. I wish I was one of the people constipated. I'm sure they would say the same but this is awful and happens really fast so I'm kinda scared to be away from home.
Hope this was helpful. Good luck to you. You will do great. Getting prepared at home with different liquid options for after helped me. You just don't know what is going to taste good to you.

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

Well. I was sleeved on 8/21 and have been at home for two days now. I was unlucky enough to have to leave the hospital with a Foley catheter in place. Fortunately, I was able to have that removed yesterday and that was a great relief. That complication caused me substantial added stress post-op and heading home. That did interrupt my walking a bit, so I have not done that quite as much as I would have liked, but I am starting that up again now. My incision pain is manageable even though I am mostly off narcotics. However, my stomach continues to feel like it is doing flips and I have uncomfortable bloating and gas in my belly. I am talking the gas pills they have given me which I suppose are helping ... but it is still very tough. I don't feel great because of that and the energy level is low. I can tolerate the Protein Shakes less and less but do seem to do well with broth (with added Protein powder) and tea. I can't say I am hungry per se, but I started craving tuna salad today for some reason. I would love a tuna salad sandwich. Go figure ... the oddest things. But I will be sure to start my puree diet with tuna salad and some mayo (assuming the mayo is allowed to moisten it up for the puree part). I don't have any regrets, but this first week has been hard on me on lots of ways. But we need to hang in there together, because I know by reading many other post-op posts that it quickly gets better,

I was sleeved August 21st by Dr Ilan in Mexico and I feel like mine is almost too good. I was in pain when I first woke up but since then I have been walking and no issues. I got home last night and finally feel,all the gas is out from the surgery and general flying. I have not hit my goal with Water yet but I don't have to sip, I can drink normally, my stomach just gurgles a bit. I do have hunger pains, right now I am sating them with broth and Protein water. I got 46 ounces of water and 47 Proteins so far today, went for a nice walk and am feeling great. This makes me think I am broken and it did not take, between the ease of swallowing, the hunger pains, and the lack of pain or issues. Anyone else?