Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Call your surgeon. It's most likely nothing or something small like the position you're eating in, what you're eating etc but I understand the fear, though differently since I'm only 8 days out.

Your surgeon's office is there to help. Are you taking a PPI?

Hi Kate! No PPI. The thought of food is making the nausea worse. I was only able to consume a total of 250ml (1 cup) of food today with 1 meal to go [emoji22]

My surgeon requires everyone go on a PPI immediately after surgery for at least 90 days. Maybe that could help.

On 8/24/2017 at 5:53 PM, Deegil said:

I loss 30% of excess body weight. I'm down 31 pounds!

Congrats, I hope when I go to my 1st post-op Appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday he tells me that I have some weight loss. My scale decided to die on day 2 of post-op. So I haven't got a clue how much I weigh

Five days postop up till today I was really scared I was gonna end up back in the hospital due to no matter what it was everything taste so horrible nasty nasty nasty I could not even put to my mouth but today is so much better and things ar tasting normal the only thing I did find like a said was the coffee a few days ago that saved me from getting too dehydrated but now everything is good!!!!

I loss 30% of excess body weight. I'm down 31 pounds!

Can I ask how many calories you eat or how much you weighed at surgery? Makes me feel like I'm the tortoise and you're the hare.

On 9/3/2017 at 2:57 AM, KateBruin said:

Can I ask how many calories you eat or how much you weighed at surgery? Makes me feel like I'm the tortoise and you're the hare.

I have not really been counting calories. I can only take in about 2 teaspoons of whatever I eat. I am at a stall because I am not getting in enough calories.

I have not really been counting calories. I can only take in about 2 teaspoons of whatever I eat. I am at a stall because I am not getting in enough calories.

I'm 3 days post op, and not really counting calories, just mainly trying to get in my fluids. I am concerned because my shakes go right through me. I am mostly drinking Water, tea, popcicles, and Jello right now. I try to sip the shakes a little at a time. Also taking my Vitamins.< br>

56 minutes ago, Tpar09 said:

I'm 3 days post op, and not really counting calories, just mainly trying to get in my fluids. I am concerned because my shakes go right through me. I am mostly drinking Water, tea, popcicles, and Jello right now. I try to sip the shakes a little at a time. Also taking my Vitamins.

Yea I had the same problem for a few days post op, just hang in there and give it a few more days. With the small amount of calories that you consume in your Protein Shakes there really isn't any need to count calories. I know that I could not "eat" more than 600 calories for several weeks post op because my pouch was so small and I really had to force myself to drink a shake at times. The shakes that my Dr. sells are about 200 calories apiece and make 22oz it would take me about an hour to finish 8 and at that point I was done! I would drink about two of those and maybe eat a container of 100 calorie greek yogurt and I was pretty much done for the day.

On 9/14/2017 at 6:26 AM, Mytimenow17 said:

I'm 3 days post op, and not really counting calories, just mainly trying to get in my fluids. I am concerned because my shakes go right through me. I am mostly drinking Water, tea, popcicles, and Jello right now. I try to sip the shakes a little at a time. Also taking my Vitamins.

I did Protein Water when I first came home.