Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about protein shakes

Hi I didn't like Premier Protein at all . So I went to GNC and checked out there Lean Protein Shake . It's within the guidelines for gastric sleeve surgery. Here a pic . I mix with unsweetened Blue Diamond almond milk , and sometimes add PB2 powders Peanut Butter . And blend up .. A -MAZING IMG_2864.JPG
Check it out . I bought the powder and ready mixed . They have a great sale now ,, I'm on day 4 ..

So I bought muscletech whey isolate chocolate (my doc said it was fine) for my Protein Shakes. I am about to start my 2 week liquid diet. I tried the powder for the first time with 2% milk (bought 1% for future use today) and it is NASTY! I puked it was so gross. I have had Protein shakes before. So I don't know why this one is so gross.

Anyway my question is what can I add to it, to make it taste better?
i can't do any sugar or foods?
Any suggestions?

I use powdered Peanut Butter to make mine taste better, because mine also tastes terrible by itself.

Try the Premier Protein Caramel flavor. These are pre prepared shakes in serving size box things. YOu can get them at Walmart or almost any grocery store. I even use this as Creamer in my coffee. I am not allowed milk. I am day 5 in my pre op diet and down 11 lbs.
Here is my plan, obviously its working! coffee with a splash of Premier Protein banana or caramel , then the rest of the Premier Protein Shake for Breakfast, at 10am I have 2 C of chicken broth, at Noon I have 2 C chicken broth + another Premier Protein shake, at 2pm I have 1 sf Jello cup, at 6ish I have 2 C chicken broth (appetizer [emoji4] ) and another Carmel Premier Protein Shake, 8pm snack another sf Jello cup. I don't really like any other flavors of broth or I would have those. My shakes have to be under 200 calories, high Protein (these are 30g) and as low sugar as you can find (1g). Premier is handy, pre made, and I like the flavors (Caramel, Banana, and strawberry Cream are my favorites). I SWEAR I have not had any headaches, and my energy level is really good (just fall asleep earlier which helps me not dwell on food).

Nice...thank you

Premier Protein is the only Protein Shakes that actual taste good in my opinion my favorite is chocolate but banana strawberry and Carmel are also very good

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

10 minutes ago, Abe43 said:

Premier Protein is the only Protein Shakes that actual taste good in my opinion my favorite is chocolate but banana strawberry and Carmel are also very good

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

BTW: Best price I've seen for Premier Protein is at costco. $25 for an 18pk.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:52 AM, RSM said:

What about Decaf?

From what I understand about Decaf, they use Bleach to clean out the impurities from reg. coffee........... not into that at all.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:24 PM, KIP-MI said:

I don't have one right now. I just ordered the sample kit. Here is the link for the chicken flavor. https://www.unjury.com/chickensoup-protein-container.html

do you mean the starter kit? i don't see any samples anywhere on the page.

Any fruity drink by nectar is wonderful. I threw away my Premier Choc Powder, taste like crap.

Any fruity drink by nectar is wonderful. I threw away my Premier Choc Powder, taste like crap.

May I ask what's your normal routine ? I know you have to drink Protein but how do you buy in bulk ? Just wondering I will be purchasing before hand thanks in advance ;)

Girl I ain't do nothing yet lol I saw where ppl were saying buy as u go because your taste buds change after surgery

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app