Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crossing the Mexico border back into the US

I swear I have tried the search function but it isn't so good for me or I am a moron, anyway...

any ideas on how long it takes to get back in the US from Tijuana, I do have my passport.

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Kennalb said:

I swear I have tried the search function but it isn't so good for me or I am a moron, anyway...

any ideas on how long it takes to get back in the US from Tijuana, I do have my passport.

Thanks in advance

It was short maybe 25 min. We were in the medical line back into the state.

Took my daughter 20 minutes you get to use the medical lanes My friend said it took her close to 1.5 hours to get across

It took us about 1 1/2 hours even using the medical lane... but it was a Saturday so I'm assuming it not normally that long during the week

We crossed on a Thursday and it took maybe 45min using the non-medical line in the morning around 9am.

I crossed on Sunday morning and it took at least 1 hour, even in the medical line.

We crossed on Friday at about 9:30am. There were only about 3 cars ahead of us.

It took us a bit longer than normal because ... story time!

Ok, so I'm in the elevator at the hotel, going down to meet my driver to go to the airport.

There was a woman in the elevator that said she was also headed to the airport. She was planning on ordering an uber or something.

We go to the lobby and my driver is there, ready to go. The lady asks if she can come along. There was room, so I didn't care. I asked the driver, and he didn't care. So we brought her along.

We get to the crossing, and she doesn't have her passport in order! She just has a PICTURE of her passport!

So the guard is opening our luggage, popping our hood and trunk, trying to figure out whether he should let this lady cross.

After about 15 minutes, he waves us on and we all head on to the airport.

I totally would have left her there at the border too. Dumbness.. "let's leave our passport in the safe deposit box at the bank while we drive into Mexico!"

Here's hoping she isn't actually some international crime boss, disguised as a 60 year old air-head chatterbox.. and I got her across the border....

It took me about 45 minutes on a Thursday at 11am. My valet told me that he had to take another patient across Wednesday at 3pm, and it took 1 1/2 hours. All in all, it appears that it depends on the time and date that you travel across. The medical lane really speeds up things though.

21 hours ago, Kennalb said:

Thanks in advance

When we went to Juarez, Mexico it took approximately1 hour to an hour in a half. It seemed getting out of Mexico and back into the states took longer. Going into Mexico the guards had guns kind of scary. Also, when leaving Mexico they will check all of your prescriptions. I don't really know about anywhere else. Good Luck. We were told to make sure they all had the medications name on the bottles.

21 hours ago, Berry78 said:

We crossed on Friday at about 9:30am. There were only about 3 cars ahead of us.

It took us a bit longer than normal because ... story time!

Ok, so I'm in the elevator at the hotel, going down to meet my driver to go to the airport.

There was a woman in the elevator that said she was also headed to the airport. She was planning on ordering an uber or something.

We go to the lobby and my driver is there, ready to go. The lady asks if she can come along. There was room, so I didn't care. I asked the driver, and he didn't care. So we brought her along.

We get to the crossing, and she doesn't have her passport in order! She just has a PICTURE of her passport!

So the guard is opening our luggage, popping our hood and trunk, trying to figure out whether he should let this lady cross.

After about 15 minutes, he waves us on and we all head on to the airport.

I totally would have left her there at the border too. Dumbness.. "let's leave our passport in the safe deposit box at the bank while we drive into Mexico!"

Here's hoping she isn't actually some international crime boss, disguised as a 60 year old air-head chatterbox.. and I got her across the border....

OMG. That is funny. LOL... @Berry78 you seem like the fun stuff just finds you somehow.

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

OMG. That is funny. LOL... @Berry78 you seem like the fun stuff just finds you somehow.

Life isn't boring, that's for sure! (No wonder I hide in my living room most of the time.. it can get TOO exciting! Lol!)

We had a 45 minute wait at the border. Once we got to the front it was quick because I had a passport for my friend had a Nexus card (better than a passport).

On 8/23/2017 at 5:40 PM, shedo82773 said:

When we went to Juarez, Mexico it took approximately1 hour to an hour in a half. It seemed getting out of Mexico and back into the states took longer. Going into Mexico the guards had guns kind of scary. Also, when leaving Mexico they will check all of your prescriptions. I don't really know about anywhere else. Good Luck. We were told to make sure they all had the medications name on the bottles.

Same here. Juarez. I just told them I had nothing to declare. They ran our names, and waved us through. Getting into Mexico is easy - we drove right through. Getting back is what takes time.