Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out+baby back ribs=DUMP

Wow. So I'm 6 weeks out and grilled some killer baby back ribs thinking that because they are soft I would be okay... WRONG. Not more than 5 bites into it I start feeling sick. Then the terrible pain starts. So I'm outside waiting for the inevitable and here it comes. Barfed and dry heaved a few times and then proceeded to go back inside and barf another 3 times. I thought I was in the clear from dumping but apparently not so be careful and once it happens you will pray it never happens again LoL.

once again, i don't think that's dumping.

i think that's foamies yo. you done blocked up your stoma with all that itchy swine...

Blocked stoma after 5 bites?

53 minutes ago, Fredmeister said:

Blocked stoma after 5 bites?

of dry meat? eaten too fast and not chewed enough? absolutely. it almost happened to me after two bites of day sausage yesterday. i'm about the same post-op as you.

i mean, did you get faint/sweaty/shaky/lightheaded/confused? if so, did that take an hour or more to go away? dumping CAN result in vomiting, but it's more of a system failure due to extremes in blood sugar. it's not a plumbing issue with esophageal and pouch pain.

was the vomit coated in lots of drooly slimy stuff?

18 minutes ago, JohnnyCakes said:

of dry meat? eaten too fast and not chewed enough? absolutely. it almost happened to me after two bites of day sausage yesterday. i'm about the same post-op as you.

i mean, did you get faint/sweaty/shaky/lightheaded/confused? if so, did that take an hour or more to go away? dumping CAN result in vomiting, but it's more of a system failure due to extremes in blood sugar. it's not a plumbing issue with esophageal and pouch pain.

was the vomit coated in lots of drooly slimy stuff?

Yeah LoL, I wasn't faint or anything like that but I had the pouch pain and the drooly slimy stuff. The vomiting and pain was off and on for about an hour.

That's not dumping syndrome but it's painful nonetheless. Baby back ribs seem like something to eat after a year, not now.

Vomiting sucks it can happen from eating too quick too fast too much...sucks when it happens - worst is when it's both ends! Vomiting on toilet good visual lol

Dumping normally happens when eating too high sugar or liquids with meals. But gastric distress either vomiting or dumping generally subsides after the first year.

Vomiting sucks it can happen from eating too quick too fast too much...sucks when it happens - worst is when it's both ends! Vomiting on toilet good visual lol
Dumping normally happens when eating too high sugar or liquids with meals. But gastric distress either vomiting or dumping generally subsides after the first year.

The reason it subsides after a year is because by then you're pretty well trained. That's a good thing! Still, after 15 years, I will occasionally dump or stop up. It only serves to remind me of being aware. Sure it's not nice at all, but it IS effective!