Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting

Where do you get the bulletproof coffee

U make it yourself.. bullet proof coffee you could have to "break" your fast depending on how long your fasting for. Other then Water or herbal tea you can't have anything during your fast. It defeats the purpose

6 hours ago, erica_ozzy73 said:

U make it yourself.. bullet proof coffee you could have to "break" your fast depending on how long your fasting for. Other then Water or herbal tea you can't have anything during your fast. It defeats the purpose

Again, as I said , how do you know it defeats someone elses purpose if you do not even know there purpose. It defeats your purpose, and I know were your coming from. Alot of people follow different people/ DRs and your way is not the only way.

I would not do a BPC post surgery as its not for me , but many people use BPC to prolong a fast, when they do longer fasts like one meal a day, and because it does not cause an insuline spike which is the point of fasting their fast is still successful.

A Water fast till your window opens, is simply that, nothing but water till you open your window, but there is no guarantee any one is more successful than the other , depending YOUR PURPOSE. Not anyone elses. You can not decide what is the best for anyone else. Some people would even say your herbal tea is not fasting there is 2 calories per cup. So if you want to be a purist you should not be drinking herbal tea or it defeats the purpose if we are on your train of thought :)

I think its important to know there are many routes and it does not all fit you , but no need to lecture someone else or tell someone it will defeat their purpose when you do not even know them or their purpose.

I think its important for people to not try and be experts for someone elses plan.

Edited by dreamingsmall

7 hours ago, godblessedchild said:

Where do you get the bulletproof coffee

How far in are you into your journey? Bare in mind , you do not need extra tools, at first when you have a sleeve, people may need an extra tool after some time say if they need to re focus. BPC is alot of calories and early on your total calorie for the day is not very high.

You make it out of coconut oil & butter. But I don't have it now I have had a sleeve.

I do Bulletproof, and have had great success. But everyone is different. The coffee kick starts my day, and I still get my needed Protein in throughout the day and I feel fully energized . After a year of surgery, when I don't bulletproof, I don't lose weight or very little, when I start it back up, I usually lose 2-3 pounds a week, even 1 year post op.

On 10/15/2017 at 2:14 PM, erik78 said:

I do Bulletproof, and have had great success. But everyone is different. The coffee kick starts my day, and I still get my needed Protein in throughout the day and I feel fully energized . After a year of surgery, when I don't bulletproof, I don't lose weight or very little, when I start it back up, I usually lose 2-3 pounds a week, even 1 year post op.

That's amazing! See doesn't defeat the purpose for your journey ! So people should be careful what they say.

I may need it a year in when I can eat more